PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Hudsucker
    Fargo
    Lebowski

I hated Llewyn with every inch of my might.

A good and correct list. I’m also a big fan of Barton Fink.
    Get schwifty.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    The Hudsucker Proxy
    No Country for Old Men
    True Grit
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hudsucker
    Fargo
    Lebowski

Love em all but want to know what you disliked about Llewelyn?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    jdanielp wrote:
    The Hudsucker Proxy
    No Country for Old Men
    True Grit

True Grit was too rote for me .
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Hudsucker
    Fargo
    Lebowski

Love em all but want to know what you disliked about Llewelyn?

It is the anti-DS film. Maudling folk borderline hipster tedium.

I know loads loved it and I'm sure its probably a good film.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

I'm not much of a comic guy so don't know how these things go but would there eventually be an English version of that? If so I would be tempted to pick it up. Loved The Lighthouse.

Given it was done for preview screenings in Japan, and how infrequently we get that stuff translated, I wouldn’t hold your breath. Alternatively, keep an eye on the A24 site as they do all sorts of weird promo bumpf that they sell on.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Suspected it was the hipster music angle but wanted to confirm

Theres a good cat in it.

Edit fuck off tempy
  • Cheers Tempy.
    I would like a physical thing so might see if I can pick up the Japanese version even.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fargo is magnificent though a lot of that has to do with Frances and the rest of that cast.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • One in a Thousand - Clarissa Navas 

Every film lover should subscribe to Mubi, and this film is one reason why. A film about family and love and growing up, that is at times sweet and romantic, frankly sexual and arousing, and ultimately heartbreaking. I thought the performances were subtle and moving, and Navas has a real insight into the pains that one goes through in becoming an adult, and the amount of waiting that is done to get where one wants to be. One and a half thumbs up. Recommended. 

https://mubi.com/films/one-in-a-thousand
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • I considered Mubi. But I just can’t bring myself to subscribe to yet another service.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's the best subscription going that is not Spotify. You won't regret it. I get so much more use out of it compared with Netflix, Prime or Disney+. An antidote to the big blockbuster stuff (which I still enjoy quite a bit) and a refreshing mixture of styles and voices. I really recommend it.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I got an offer of 3 months free and canceled it after one day. They didn't even let me have the rest of the the three months. I was only using it on pc and it didn't save what I was watching or remember where I stopped in a film. Absolutely useless.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    My Top 3 Coens: No Country For Old Men Fargo Inside Llewyn Davis

Fargo/The Big Lebowski/No Country for Old Men.
  • Favourite Coens:

O'Brother Where Art Thou? (by a lot) 
    The Big Lebowski
    Inside Llewyn Davis
  • Millers crossing
    Burn after reading - brad pitts best comedy role
    Fargo
    PSN - minkymu
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No love for A Serious Man? One of my favorites.
  • I never quite "got" Miller's Crossing, so I am excited to watch it in the next few days. Enjoyed it, yes, but never considered it to be up there with their best, but I've only seen it once, as far as I can remember.
  • A Serious Man is great. Very funny and anything with Richard Kind is a winner.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Just about to watch the Coen Brothers' Blood Simple, a film I believe I have only ever seen once. Starting on a complete filmography watch of their work, after just finishing my Scorsese one, today.

Can I just say how fucking great it is to have you back Muggins? Your enthusiasm for everything is a real tonic.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    I never quite "got" Miller's Crossing, so I am excited to watch it in the next few days. Enjoyed it, yes, but never considered it to be up there with their best, but I've only seen it once, as far as I can remember.

I was thinking the other night that Miller's Crossing is due a rewatch, with my son along for the ride. He's never seen a Coen and that is one of my favourites.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    XOMuggins wrote:
    Just about to watch the Coen Brothers' Blood Simple, a film I believe I have only ever seen once. Starting on a complete filmography watch of their work, after just finishing my Scorsese one, today.
    Can I just say how fucking great it is to have you back Muggins? Your enthusiasm for everything is a real tonic.
    Aw very nice of you Gremill!
  • Gremill wrote:
    XOMuggins wrote:

I was thinking just the same.  Strong taste in films it seems too.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Mugs is the boy on Twitter too. While we don't always see eye to eye on film, the man knows his shit.

• Thank you so much guys. :) 

Just finished Nomadland by Chloe Zhao. Really enjoyed this. A quiet, thoughtful picture with a great central performance from Frances McDormand. I hope that Disney continue to put their huge cash reserves into films like this, as well as the big franchises. Two thumbs up.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't think Disney had anything to do with making it, they just paid for the streaming rights. Could be wrong though.
  • They own Fox now, don't they?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Do they? Didn't know that.
  • Yes they do own Fox
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yep. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searchlight_Pictures

Formerly Fox Searchlight Pictures.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!