Movie record 2020 edition
  • 117. IT
    Rewatch of this and the impact is lesser. It's still mostly entertaining but not scary, and whilst nu Pennywise is effective, I prefer TC's turn. 7

118. Come to Daddy
    Black comedy horror with Elijah Wood as an estranged son visiting his 'father'. 7

119. All Hallows' Eve
    Continuing the clown theme, I wanted to check out Art in Terrifier but best to start with his first full film appearance in this low budget, and very patchy horror anthology. 5

120. Knives Out
    Very entertaining, ensemble murder mystery. I can enjoy Craig in this were I don't always gel with his Bond. Strong cast throughout. 8
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • TC's pennywise is leagues ahead for me, much more creepy. The new turn pretty generic by today's standards. Maybe TC was in the 90s.

I watched the IT miniseries earlier this year and, whilst it's bad in places, I'd much rather watch that than the new ones.
  • Rewatched IT as a precursor to watching Chapter 2 as it's dropped on Now TV. Fully conscious that it isn't supposed to be a good follow up.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 121. Terrifier
    Apeshit big top nutjob Art the Clown carves up Halloween in this lo-fi splatfest. 5
  • I really liked Come To Daddy. Saw it in a packed theatre for Melbourne International Film Festival and it had a great atmosphere. Especially that moment.
  • 116. Shawshank Redemption
    It really is a very watchable movie, I enjoy it every time and it doesn't feel like over 2 hours.
    [9]

117. Good Will Hunting
    Was sad to see Robin Williams on screen for the first time in a while. Reminded me of how good a performer he is and how charismatic. Might have to go back and watch others of his I haven't seen.
    [8]
  • 24. The Other Woman
    Terrible chick flick starring Leslie Mann, Cameron Diaz, Kate Upton and incest prince from GoT (sadly without his brass hand) and featuring a Great Dane doing a massive CGI shit. Directed by Nick Cassavetes for some reason. (3)

25. X-Men: Apocalypse
    Enjoyed this more than I expected to, but then I was quite drunk. Some enjoyable scenes but overall considerably less than the sum of its parts. Jennifer Lawrence looked bored and really phoned it in. (5)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I too have seen The Other Woman. Not sure I would even give it a three.
  • There were a few decent lines in it and I think Leslie Mann is generally quite funny. But it was a godawful film.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • 122. IT Chapter Two
    A solid cast helm this overproduced and overblown sequel. More money and more effects does not a scary film make. 6

123. In Search of Darkness
    An exhaustive four hour exploration into the 80s most iconic horror films. The actors, directors, make up artists, music... a complete history of this golden horror period. 9
  • Darkness sounds good, I'll have to check it out
  • It's on Prime but on the Shudder channel so costs whatever extra unless you get it by other means. I'm off sick today so had four hours to kill!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I hope you're feeling better mush. What films do they go into? Tell me The Thing is on there and I'm watching it
  • Oh aye that's in including John Carpenter interviews. All the big hitters, Elm Street, F13th, Halloween, Hellraiser. Some of the more obscure stuff gets covered too like what I've been gleaming off Prime. It packs a lot in to the four hours.
  • That sounds awesome.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • In search of Darkness is excellent. It got me on a run of VHS nasties earlier in the year.

There are a couple of other copy cat (? Maybe the same people) docs including a Action movie one. There aren't as good but maybe worth a look at.
  • Turns out there's a free 7 day trial for this Shudder channel it's on if you've already got Amazon Prime. Just don't forget to cancel before the end of the trial and you're all good peeps.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Aye I remember you posting about it previously, Liv, so I was chuffed when it popped up on Shudder.

You could rinse this doc and the 'cream' of what's available within a week if you've not got much on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just starting it now. The thumbnail/poster is incredible, obviously:

7yc0KQS.jpg
  • Aye, would look good hung up in a man cave.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Outstanding documentary that one, Webbo. It's long, and you do you feel it, but it's entertaining and interesting throughout so I surprised myself by devouring it in one sitting.

Everyone in it was worth listening to except for that one cunt, you'll know who it is within thirty seconds of him speaking. Everyone else is themselves and natural, this fucker is straight up YooToober awfulness personified.

I should have made a list of stuff to watch, a lot here I'd not seen before.
  • Aye, I've seen a fair bit and added to it over the last year thanks to Prime/Shudder. Stuff like Basketcase, Killer Klowns and Cat People I could do with looking out for. I've been meaning to pick up a Freddy boxset to do the full run. OG Maniac I've never seen and looks full on, seen the remake and I didn't mind nutjob Frodo.
  • GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • There's a long doco on the nightmare films too, goes through each one and goes for about 4 hours. Called Never Sleep Again. I watched most of it and it was pretty good.
  • Nice one Shabby, I'll have a look for that.
  • 124. Final Exam
    Bobbins early 80s slasher with a non descript nutjob, crappy kills and barely a drop of claret spilt. F for Fail. 4

125. The Peanut Butter Falcon
    Top turns from Gottsagen and LaBeouf and a solid supporting cast in this brilliant, heartwarming tale. Beautifully filmed and a great soundtrack to crown it off. 9
  • 55. Star Wars Ep VIII: The Last Jedi - 8 Aug
    So I still think this is decent. Well, as a stand-alone movie type situation. So I’ll score it in two ways.
    [8] as a stand-alone
    [7] as part of the whole
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 56. Knives Out - 8 Aug
    Pretty enjoyable whodunnit, don’t get to see many of these.
    [7]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Mamma Mia

Again. I bloody love this movie. And not in an ironic way, It genuinely makes me so so happy.
    Pierce really can't sing.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 134. Tower Block - 6
    Sheridan Smith and neighbours slowly get picked off by a sniper on the top floor of some high rise flats. Surprisingly entertaining for what it is.

135. Daylight - 6
    Mid 90's Stallone disaster flick. Not as grand as I remember it but still a decent way to pass a couple of hours.

136. The Running Man - 7
    One of my favourite Schwarzenegger films of the 80s, still puts me in the mood for Smash TV.

137. Allan Quartermain an the Lost City of Gold - 4
    Fuck knows how this ended up in my download list. Bad Indy rip off, might have been worth a watch back when we only had four channels but there's no reason to waste your time on it now.

138. Carry On Colombus - 3
    First time I've seen this since VHS days, still as awful as I remember. Jim Dale is decent in the lead considering the script, and there's some legends both old and new (for the time) in supporting roles/cameos that are nice to see, but nothing can save it.

139. Enemy of the State - 8
    Typical 90s Jerry Bruckheimer production. Will Smith plays a lawyer who finds himself with incriminating evidence of the murder of a Congressman. Flashy thriller, with a great cast, good fun.

140. Silver Streak - 7
    Classic comedic Hitchcock homage with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor, can't really go wrong with those two imo.

141. The Curse of La Llorona - 5
    Bit of a by the numbers jump scare horror movie. Does nothing new and didn't stick with me after like good horrors should. Good enough for a single view, but not one to remember.

My list
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!