Movie record 2020 edition
  • The Coors scene is great.
  • 116. The Stepfather
    Quite enjoyable, better than your average TV movie apeshit stepdad thriller. Weirdo serial killer charms his way into the affections of a family but not everyone is convinced. Features a younger Amber 'shit the bed' Heard. 7
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 107. Hamilton
    Not sure why I didn't think this would be as good as everyone said it was but it was that good. Excellent choons. Only would have been better seeing live.
    [9]

108. Clueless
    Very funny. Only took me so long to watch because my sister used to like it so I had to hate it.
    [8]
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    108. Clueless Very funny. Only took me so long to watch because my sister used to like it so I had to hate it. [8]

I hope that now you have watched and enjoyed Clueless, you will continue to watch and enjoy it sporadically.

Also, general apologies that I got behind with, then gave up on my reviews a while ago. I may try to catch up.
  • Yeah was a nice casual watch. Not sure there's many films made like that now. Just light and easy fun but also smartly written.
  • 109. Big Hero 6
    Rewatch to see if it was as average as I remember. Yes, it is. Good setting, typical story and fun character ruined by the laziest script ever written. Beymax saves it.
    [5]
  • Beymax and the animation on the villian's particle bits.
    I could see why pre-teens would like it though.
  • Yeah the tech that they had for doing the microbots is sweet. It's obviously a film more aimed at kids than a lot of the other similar films from Disney/Pixar and you can tell from the low effort they put into pushing through each story beat. They just kind of happen.
  • 23. Call of the Wild
    Or, One Dog and his Man. Disappointing and distractingly full CGI dogs feature in this bog average Disney kids film. Once you stop expecting the dog to talk like Scooby Doo it's serviceable enough. (5)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I just can’t go there. The book was a solid part of my childhood, I have no interest in an attempt at filming it.
  • What if it was filmed by the dogs?
  • 110. The Relic
    Small scale Aussie horror about family and getting old. Solidly made and quite spooky even if not game changing in any way.
    [7]

One for your spooky movie night reg.
  • 111. Memory: Origins of Alien
    Starts strong then becomes a meandering meh. I hope William Linn manages to crawl out of his own ass someday, he seems to be way way up there.
    [5]
  • 52. The Prestige - 24 July
    Haven’t seen this in ages. Was waiting for Netflix to update so turned over to Prime and there it was so I put it on.
    Had forgotten enough of the movie to really enjoy it again. As with most movies with twists, it’s never the same after the first time. Still, this is probably second behind Memento in my Nolan list. Gotta rewatch Interstellar. Hopefully that’s on one of these streaming services.
    [8]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 112. The Platform
    Pretty neat micro sci fi horror thing. More gruesome than I was expecting. Still no Cube though.
    [6]

113. Palm Springs
    A nice, easy, fun and funny watch. Recommended.
    [8]
  • 53. Three Colours Blue - 25 July
    The Three Colours trilogy has been sitting on my shelf for so long that I’ve just realised that it’s the DVD boxset. I think I bought it before Blu-Rays were a thing! As a result, picture quality is dogshit, but...
    The film is a beautiful masterpiece. Can’t explain my thoughts on it much, but it’s very thoughtful and contemplative. Looking forward to watching White and Red later today/tomorrow. 
    [9]
  • 54. Three Colours White - 25 July
    A much more typical film, but still very much enjoyable and a story expertly told. So that’s Liberty and Equality done. Onto Brotherhood. 
    [8]
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It Chapter Two (hours and forty nine minutes)
    A constipated shite of a film, didn't give a fuck about anyone in it. Good VFX gets it a (5)

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Kind of disappointing yeah. They got such good actors too but they got caught up in creating those 6 or so spook rides. I think it's how it goes in the book but they really needed to cut that stuff down and have more proper character time. I think it got beaten up by the Hollywood system after the first one was way more successful than they thought it would be.
    Gotta scare those teens again!
  • I couldn’t even get through the first chapter without being bored.
  • Ah, see I thought chapter 1 was okay but it never hits the heights of that first scene. I thought the kids were solid but the movie went a bit too Stranger Things and relied on jumps instead of tension like the opening had. I wish Cary Fukunaga had made it, would have been interesting to see his version of a horror film
  • Part one was fine imo. In fairness that's the way it's always been. The bum-numbing length, lol ending and the fact that it felt like it had been directed by multiple different people hiding their work from each other ruined Chapter 2. Seems to have been a hit with some but I genuinely hated it.
  • Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure

Well that was not quite as good as I remember but it was certainly fun.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey

A most excellent 90 mins!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 115. Watchmen Ultimate
    Watched because I started the series and had forgotten things. It's not a bad movie but it kind of feels like it isn't what the Watchmen should be especially now the series exists. It should be more like that and less overblown and style focused and done with more conviction. The lines really don't land, apart from some they feel read.
    [6]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Series is so much better. What’s in Ultimate that’s not in the original?
  • A plastic figurine and 4 art cards.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sold!
  • Heh. It integrates the animated version of the Tales of the Black Freighter throughout. Apparently it has 24 minutes of more footage too. It had been so long since I'd seen it so couldn't tell what was new.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!