PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Lol I watched Cobra tonight too. Must have been snake oil in the air.

115. Cobra
    So cheesy, so 80s, so bad, so Stallone. Peak Sly growls his way through this dark thriller as the titular cop whilst bagging the sweatiest bad guy in all moviedom and bedding Brigitte into the bargain. 6

Is this the one where he cuts pizza with scissors? I liked it if so.
  • It is indeed. The one referenced in Deadly Premonition 2!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cobra was only good because he had that cool gun with the laser sight.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Cobra's weird, it plays out as a slasher horror film for the first half or so then goes into straight up action for the end. Odd mix. Great theme song.

Aye I quite like the dark tone they've aimed for but then Sly comes along and drops a corny line that undoes it. The Night Slasher guy is wonderfully intense, played by that guy Brian Thompson.

Just reading the wiki on it, sounds like it was cut to shreds as it was originally quite graphic so it was toned down. I'd like to see the full unedited version.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Sounds like it had a bit of a bumpy production due to Sly's ego/screenplay.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Webbins wrote:

115. Cobra
    So cheesy, so 80s, so bad, so Stallone. Peak Sly growls his way through this dark thriller as the titular cop whilst bagging the sweatiest bad guy in all moviedom and bedding Brigitte into the bargain. 6

Yeah, I dwelled on that detail. Has a solitary slice in the box which he retrieves from the fridge along with an egg box based gun cleaning kit (obvs). Cuts a smaller triangle with the scissors, meme worthy.
  • Kow wrote:
    Cobra was only good because he had that cool gun with the laser sight.

I think the laser sight made it to be honest. Nine year old me thought it was a cool SMG at the time, now it looks a bit shit and makes a racket.
  • Wasn't it originally a Beverly Hills Cop film?
  • Also:

Avengement - Scott Adkins goes to prison then has to become the hardest man alive so he can get out and batter Craig Fairbrass in an East End boozer. Loved it. Who fhackin' wants some?!!! 5/5
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just watched that pizza scene in Cobra. Stallone sits alone in his apartment and watches tv, eating pizza (with scissors), with the sunglass and leather gloves on. The shite we thought was cool in the 80s...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Webbins wrote:

115. Cobra

Yeah, I dwelled on that detail. Has a solitary slice in the box which he retrieves from the fridge along with an egg box based gun cleaning kit (obvs). Cuts a smaller triangle with the scissors, meme worthy.

Doesn't take away from the glory. Six feels right. It's bad and we are enjoying it because it's bad, but it's bad. If I were to give The Room an actual score it would be 6.
  • I'm convinced he was on a cut and trying to drop some calories with that scene.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Wasn't it originally a Beverly Hills Cop film?

Ha, yes I was reading that too. Sly was the og Axel!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Apparently none of the cast or crew were allowed to speak to him during filming.
  • Kow wrote:
    Just watched that pizza scene in Cobra. Stallone sits alone in his apartment and watches tv, eating pizza (with scissors), with the sunglass and leather gloves on. The shite we thought was cool in the 80s...
    *looks around * *fidgets uncomfortably* *whistles*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Surely not with scissors though??
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Hell yeah! Always cut ma pizza with scissors.
  • I once went camping and couldn't find my cutlery or knives so used a pair of garden snippers I had in the boot of my car to cut my steak
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ma man!
  • I'm so manly you knows it
  • :D
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just started Cobra. It is SO SO 80’s.

He shows up in a car with reg plate: AWSOM 50

The product placement is Wayne’s World levels of good.

The dialogue is amazing

In the store:

Bad guy: “I got a bomb here. I’ll blow this whole place up”

The Cobra: “Go ahead... I don’t shop here”

This is going to be so badgood :-D
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s just turned into Wild Hogs!!
  • Angel of the city
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    gawd damn, I need me some feedback
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cobra

What an strange film. It’s definitely no Commando, everything is cheaper feeling. The core idea of the bad guy isn’t a bad one, just an oddly paced film with an even odder ending.

4/10
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    oops, nothing to see here
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is it on Netflix?

Prime

nick_md wrote:
    Angel of the city

• I haven't seen Cobra so I can't work out of Cocko is doing Cobra quotes or accidentally posting in the wrong thread.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!