Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, Prime's not bad for forgotten stuff like that. I watched The Dead Zone starring Christopher Walken the other day. Never seen it before and thought it was pretty great. Good supporting cast too, including a scene stealing turn from Martin Sheen.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Where are you getting all these, I want to watch Chopping Mall.

Prime. It's 80s videostore top shelf heaven.

Ooh.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Loving these Webbs, any three horrors if you rent one blockbuster, these were my youth
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

• 15. Rise of Skywalker
    First time I've watched this since the cinema. Perfectly entertaining but at times unbelievably cheesy family action adventure. Some great sequences and incredible SFX - but a bit all over the place and far too long. (7)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Webbins wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Where are you getting all these, I want to watch Chopping Mall.

Prime. It's 80s videostore top shelf heaven.

Yeah they have some cracking films on there. And also ones that make you wonder why they even have them. Like do they have to choose which ones or so they just get a bulk dump of VHS rips from some companies

• 75. Pulse
    Very creepy when it wants to be. Peculiar structure and some...interesting editing choices though. I'm not sure I followed where it was going at times. Tempy is gonna hate me.
    [6]
  • Cure is better but you’re on the list
  • I'm surprised it took this long to get on there.

76. Scanners
    Some 80s movies age okay. Others... well not as much. ADR is very obvious and the story is fairly clunky. Makes me unsure whether to revisit The Fly. Don't want to taint it!
    [4]
  • 94. The Guest
    Handsome chap from Downtown Abbey befriends family of dead soldier friend, but is he all that he seems? Top 80s inspired thriller with a very good soundtrack. 8

Rewatched from a few years ago.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2

• 16. The 40 Year Old Virgin
    This has dated in so many ways, but remains an interesting insight into the basest parts of the male psyche. The cast are fantastic and it's still really, really funny. The final scene had me in tears of laughter. (8)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Last Christmas
    I don’t know why Mrs Poprock decided to watch this in May, but she did. Good cast, shit film. Emilia Clarke definitely has a future in Fleabag-esque roles.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I quite enjoyed it, it made Covent Garden and Brixton look a lot better than they normally do
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • poprock wrote:
    Last Christmas I don’t know why Mrs Poprock decided to watch this in May, but she did. Good cast, shit film. Emilia Clarke definitely has a future in Fleabag-esque roles.

Wasn't this supposed to be shit, like A Chrisatmas Prince?
  • The Daddy wrote:
    16. Last Christmas. What the fuck was this shite? Fucking predictable and it doesn't even work, conceptually or practically. Even the wife has been ranting about how bloody stupid it was.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Wasn't this supposed to be shit, like A Chrisatmas Prince?

I don’t think so. A Christmas Prince was made for Netflix, no name stars, etc. Last Christmas was a full Hollywood production with a proper cinema release.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Wasn't this supposed to be shit, like A Chrisatmas Prince?

I don’t think so. A Christmas Prince was made for Netflix, no name stars, etc. Last Christmas was a full Hollywood production with a proper cinema release.

Correct
  • It has Emma Thompson and Michelle Yeoh in it, for fuck’s sake. They’re usually signs of quality …
  • I bet I'd enjoy it if I watch it at Xmas.
  • After a bottle of wine, probably.
  • I'm finding a drop off in poster quality mirrors a similar nosedive in a film's merits now.

latest?cb=20170804212858

95. Sorority House Massacre
    Apeshit asylum nutjob escapes looney bin and hunts sibling whilst carving up sorority sisters. Bit of a weak Halloween clone with a dull psycho. 5

MV5BMjFjMTUyOTAtMDg4Yy00YjE4LWE1ODgtODM3ZDAwZWZhN2UyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR143,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Not terrible but not great. The title splash screen I like.

2016-06-04_231754.jpg

96. Slumber Party Massacre II
    Apeshit guitar drill wielding rock 'n' roll nutjob bothers survivor from the first film at another PJ party in this poor Nightmare on Elm Street inspired supernatural sequel. 5

97. The Hills Have Eyes
    Inbred cannibal nutjobs bother decent all American family lost in the desert in this classic Wes Craven horror. 7
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I'm starting to worry about you Webbo, get some Disney+ in you mate.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • The Raid
    The Raid has influenced every movie/TV fight scene filmed since. Tightly choreographed physical action without distraction or respite. The brutality is the plot. Still brilliant, still unmatched.

Rewatched this last night because Mrs Poprock’s been enjoying Gangs of London on Sky and I remembered that we had Evans’ masterpiece on Blu-Ray. The Raid still stands up. Thanks to the simplicity and purity of focus, it doesn’t feel like it’s aged much at all.
  • 80. Fun & Fancy Free - 5
    Another one of the post war Disney movies made n a budget. Bit forgetful tbh.

81. Lady and the Tramp - 7
    Had to watch this after the remake, much better in every way.

82. Up the Junction - 6
    Kitchen sink drama from the 60's. Interesting as a time capsule of working class life at the time.

83. The Last Man On Earth - 7
    Based on the book I Am Legend, I found out about this after watching the Will Smith movie. Didn't disappoint, oozes atmosphere. Definitely worth a watch if your a fan of old horror films.

84. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner - 7
    Interracial marriage is tackled head on. Historically important but a bit outdated, which is a good thing.

85. Dangerous Minds - 6
    Full of stereotypes and clichés but back in 95 I was to young to see its shortcomings. It's no To Sir With Love but I've got a soft spot for it.

86. Alien - 9
    One of the best sci-fi horror films ever made. Love it!

87. Aliens - 9
    Every bit a good as the first, superb.

88. Alien 3 - 7
    No where near as good as the first two but I still like this. The British cast definitely adds to my enjoyment, and I thought the ending was great.

89. Alien Resurrection - 6
    I like this one more than most. A lot of the characters are forgetful and the whole cloning of Ripley is a bit shit. Has enough stand out moments to be enjoyable enough though. Again, great ending.

90. Alien VS Predator - 6
    Like Resurrection, forgetful in places but just about does enough to be fun overall.

91. AVP2 - 3
    Terrible. The whole series has been on a downward trajectory but this is by far the worst. It's frustrating that everything's so dark and hard to see at first, but by the end your grateful for it.

92. Dirty Dancing - 7
    Great film, I would say its a guilty pleasure but I feel no guilt.

93. Crooks in Cloisters - 7
    Brit comedy about crooks hiding out in an abandoned monastery on the south coast. Perfect bank holiday viewing.

94. Genevieve - 8
    Another classic British comedy, this time two friends participate in the annual London to Brighton Veteran Car Run, with their not to enthusiastic girlfriends in tow.

95. Gran Torino - 8
    Clint Eastwood playing basically a retired Dirty Harry. An old racist bastard that comes good, entertaining stuff.

96. Double Indemnity - 8
    A Hollywood classic from the golden era that lives up to its reputation. Must see stuff.

My list
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Still haven't watched that, keep meaning to then forgetting what is called and distracting myself with other pish

Edit: The Raid
  • Candyman - Enjoyable 90s slasher from a Clive Barker story. Had never seen this, somehow, so looked forward to watching it and it didn't disappoint. There's a re-make just finished filming by Jordan Peele, which sounds promising. 4/5

The Changeling - Effective haunted house / murder-mystery with the always great George C. Scott. Held in high regard, this film, seems to make a lot of 'best horror films' lists, and it's definitely got the chops for it. 4.5/5

Badlands - Moody, sulky road noir with Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek. I found this a bit of a plod tbh, perhaps I wasn't in the right mood as I know it's held in very high esteem. Typical Terrence Malick. Can't fault the production. 3.5/5

Last House On The Left (2009) - Pointless remake with little to no merit. Has Aaron Paul ever been likeable in anything? 0.5/5
  • Candyman is a classic. That score! Fingers crossed they don't completely fuck up this sequel/remake thing.

I remember liking the LHotL remake. Not sure why exactly. It was a long time ago.
  • 77. The Borderlands
    Pretty darn good Paranormal Activity/Blair Witch type thing. Suckered me in anyway
    [8]
  • 78. Midnight Run
    People love this film right? It kinda didn't do anything for me. It wasn't especially funny or exciting and De Niro and Grodin didn't have the best chemistry. This kind of film has been done so many times. Definitely not one of the better ones for me.
    [5]
  • Unbelievable scenes.
  • 94. Genevieve - 8 Another classic British comedy, this time two friends participate in the annual London to Brighton Veteran Car Run, with their not to enthusiastic girlfriends in tow.

o/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!