2DS
  • See that was my issue with it adkm. Why would I leave my DS on all day when I'm not playing? My battery will die! I don't understand how you're supposed to use it properly.
  • Stick it in sleep mode and it barely uses any battery, but still has street pass activated.
  • I think it's something that's only really feasible in Japan because everyone has a DS + population density.
  • You only really need one or two every so often to get something out of it, which is manageable in most cities I'd reckon.
  • Don't they now do some magic thing where if you pass the same access point as someone else, even hours apart, it counts as passing them?
  • Yup, it works a treat as well. A quick walk past MacDonald s, asda, Argos or greggs gets me at least one new hit. Cool to check when you get home and the green light is flashing.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Sigh@andy. Perhaps that was true before relay but not really now. Street pass is fucking genius.

And I carry my XL everywhere. I've walked over 3 million steps with it.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • What's genius about it?
  • Each to their own but Street Pass means nothing to me back here and doesn't really work as intended in most of the UK - coming up with 'relay points' just kind of proves it.
  • I've had a 3DS for almost 2 years and still don't really understand much about Street Pass at all. 

I kind of get the logistics of it (I've accidentally got a couple of people through it). People on here are always talking about the Street Pass games though, and seem to be having a whale of the time, but I can never work out what that hell was going on with them.
  • 1DS

It's a spoof btw
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I had a dream last night that Nintendo revealed what was called the 2DS International, for the countries that weren't getting the normal 2DS. It was an OG 3DS clamshell design but without the 3D. Yep. That happened.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    1DS It's a spoof btw

That's an exceptionally well made spoof.
  • I think that's where they'll actually go next gen. A console that is primarily a handheld that can connect to the TV, kinda like the PSP slim.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    1DS It's a spoof btw

It's like someone went "I know, I'll do a fake 1DS website!" and then didn't know where to go with it.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The carry case is a whole extra TEN POUNDS OMG
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Surely the 1DS should just be a line of pixels.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Sigh@andy. Perhaps that was true before relay but not really now. Street pass is fucking genius. And I carry my XL everywhere. I've walked over 3 million steps with it.
    Sigh all you like, mk, it would be bugger all use to me.  In the entire time I had a DS I had one, maybe two hits because I happened to be in town.  I got some pointless digital trinkets.  Given where I live, how I travel, where I work and what I do, even this 'relay' feature would get me next to fuck all.  So, as I said, great for certain people in certain places living life a certain way (like you) and fuck all use to the rest of us.
  • I think that's where they'll actually go next gen. A console that is primarily a handheld that can connect to the TV, kinda like the PSP slim.
    Or the WiiU.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    Sigh@andy. Perhaps that was true before relay but not really now. Street pass is fucking genius. And I carry my XL everywhere. I've walked over 3 million steps with it.
    Sigh all you like, mk, it would be bugger all use to me.  In the entire time I had a DS I had one, maybe two hits because I happened to be in town.  I got some pointless digital trinkets.  Given where I live, how I travel, where I work and what I do, even this 'relay' feature would get me next to fuck all.  So, as I said, great for certain people in certain places living life a certain way (like you) and fuck all use to the rest of us.

I think you mean 3ds. Where roughly do you live?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Surely the 1DS should just be a line of pixels.
    It should be a Gameboy Advance. Which would be just fine.
  • mk64 wrote:
    I think you mean 3ds. Where roughly do you live?
    Yup, 3DS, sorry.  Aberdeenshire.
  • lol, just checked the nintendo hotspot site.. yeah.. if you live there then SP will be a bit shit. 

But if you type in your nearest city you get at least 15 hotspots.. 

I got 6 today..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wouldn't it be "good for the rest of us, shite for certain people" as cities tend to be more densely populated than "Shires"?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Jeff Gerstmann on Bombcast re 2DS controversy - "how narcissistic and naive do you need to be to assume that every console needs to be aimed at you?"

Pretty much.
  • I can't think of any notable console that didn't try and be mass market so it's a reasonable assumption to make imo.
  • Re: Streetpass - I live in Birmingham. I can get hits or whatever they're called. What's the point? Enlighten me.

My 3DS hasn't left the house since it came out of the box.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I can't think of any notable console that didn't try and be mass market so it's a reasonable assumption to make imo.

Well it is trying to be mass market - to a wider audience than just gamers- kids. Consoles have done family models loads.
    PS3 12gb model?
    Xbox arcade?

• Reg, kids are already Nintendo's target market.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • gdam i want a 1DS!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!