Pro Wrestling
  • Was looking up some Angelico stuff on Youtube because he's great and AEW don't give him enough to do and came across this incredible crossbody from the top of the stands (not sure what to call it) he did in Lucha Underground. It's so smooth and looks so good.

• I've seen that before.  Hadn't realise that it was him.  Maybe with live crowds back and the second AEW show up and running, we'll start seeing more of the lower card guys doing some cool stuff.
  • Yeah I hope so as there's some really good guys in the mid card and it'd be nice if they got more time and more of a spotlight. TH2 were main eventing Elevation this week and they lost obviously but the worst part was they came out to the awful Matt Hardy stable music rather than their own absolute banger. Angelico dancing his way to the ring to that just wasn't the same.
  • Can some kind soul please tell me what the easiest, legal way to get Raw and Smackdown and Ireland is? It's shown on Virgin but it's heavily edited, and it is not on Now TV and we can't seem to get BT Sports app here.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • I had a look and it seems expensive. Only way I could see was to get bt sport by paying for the sky sports extra package on top of an existing sky sports subscription.

The full shows don't seem to be avaible for streaming any other way legally.

I assume there may be more legally grey streaming methods available but I have no idea about that.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Can some kind soul please tell me what the easiest, legal way to get Raw and Smackdown and Ireland is? It's shown on Virgin but it's heavily edited, and it is not on Now TV and we can't seem to get BT Sports app here.

I just download it. I have BT, but you have to sit through adverts on the replays, and fuck that for Raw.

I assume you want to watch them shortly after airing? If not, they go on the Network 30 days after airing.
  • Thanks guys. Might have to go the downloading route. Don't think I can afford the extravagance of getting regular TV.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • I may have misunderstood the question but why do you want the unedited version of raw? Has the wwe started being good again?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Watching Dynamite and it's a good show so far but poor Brian Pillman Jr and his fantastic mullet are about to be extremely murdered by Miro. I do love the Varsity Blonds and their great entrance music but I think I will enjoy this.

For a guy who's only 6ft Miro is extremely good at being this incredibly intimidating monster.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Watching Dynamite and it's a good show so far but poor Brian Pillman Jr and his fantastic mullet are about to be extremely murdered by Miro. I do love the Varsity Blonds and their great entrance music but I think I will enjoy this. For a guy who's only 6ft Miro is extremely good at being this incredibly intimidating monster.

I was really disappointed with the initial Miro stuff in AEW but the clips I've seen of him now look great. Maybe he was nursing some injuries? 

Wrestling needs more guys like him (and Samoa Joe) - Big Guys who arent supper muscle freaks but just look like solid hard hitters. Fair to say his high point in Fed was the US title run up to the mania match with Cena but they never really used him to his full potential (or even close) 

I hope we also see a return of the "Rusev" (or in this case Miro) Day gimmick. That was excellent and apparently came from Miro himself.

maxresdefault.jpg
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah his debut and run with Kip Sabian was not the best. Since turning on Kip (which was brutal) and winning the TNT title he's been great.

Poor Jim Ross though. After the last show of the pandemic era before they go out on the road again and after this really nice video package of the last 15 months at Daily's Place he drops "there's nothing quite like WWE Dynamite" before going off the air.
  • I bet the poor bastard still hears vince screaming in his ear when the lights go out.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Age maybe getting the better of him.

Anyway this was a really lovely package, I'm looking forward to getting the crowds back but for the most part AEW really did a hell of a good job these last 15 months. The Jon Huber stuff in here still gets me. Absolutely heartbreaking.

• The Young Bucks are pretty good at this
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ZEadupD.png[/font]
  • Nick Jackson looks like Maurice Gibb from the beegees
  • Frosty wrote:
    Age maybe getting the better of him. Anyway this was a really lovely package, I'm looking forward to getting the crowds back but for the most part AEW really did a hell of a good job these last 15 months. The Jon Huber stuff in here still gets me. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I made some improvements
  • Real good Dynamite this week. The opener and the main event were very good. I do love that there's a significant amount of momentum with the babyfaces on this show and I'm exceited at the Santana/Ortiz v FTR feud. Santana for me is a breakout singles star. His promo's are excellent.
  • Surprised no one has mentioned Aleister Malakai Black debuting in AEW because some fuckwit forgot to update his contract when he moved from NXT to Raw.

Also Bayley has torn her ACL, so will be out for around 9 months. Which fucking sucks because Bayley is absolutely awesome. So awesome in fact I'd been making this video over the last couple of days:

• It was a cool debut but I don't really know too much about him tbh. Not sure I've seen one of his matches. Cody is getting on my tits so hopefully Black kicks his head off again.

AEW seem to be cocking up Andrade which is a shame. They'll get there but it's not been the best few weeks. Also JR and Tony Schiavone need to stop calling him Andre. Excaliber absolutely carries the two of them on commentary.

I did enjoy Dynamite this week though, it was a pretty solid show. The Young Bucks continue to be great heels and then and Omega seem to be really enjoying making themselves look like complete dickheads. The moustaches last week and the skinny jorts and bandanas this week have been just perfect.

Ah thats a real shame for Bayley as she's fantastic. I didn't see any of her hugger stuff but she's such a good heel. She'll be a big miss for Smackdown.
  • Can't get enough of this photo of Taz from his first ever photoshoot. Just so good.
    I don’t these were ever seen to public, my first ever photo shoot (Cambridge Studios, Queens NY). My aunt worked at the studio I got a slight discount, still had to save for a couple of weeks! Haha #KidKrush

E6C8lSiXIAENnXa?format=jpg&name=large
    https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1414337642565672967?s=20
  • That is absolutely amazing.
  • The deepfake that someone did is so good.  It's in his Twitter timeline.
  • Paul orndorf was one of the first “big” wrestlers for me. As a viewer on scrub ITV only he would probably be one of the most recognisable and repeated used heels on WCW worldwide and got called “Paula” every week.
  • AEW seem to fuck a lot of new arrivals up for a few months like Miro, Christian and Ethan Page but they have come good with all three so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. In front of a live crowd AEW Elevation is a real good wrestling show. Some matches are terrible because the wrestlers have only wrestled like 3 matches, but the majority of the stuff is good.
  • That was some pop for Vinny Mac last night and it's good to see him coming out doing the meme walk. Also sounds like smackdown was a good show and that the crowd was hot for everything, which is nice. Very curious how the Raw crowd will be.

Dynamite was an absolute banger on Wednesday with the crowd back. Shout outs to Darby Allin for coffin dropping through the actual coffin and the angle with Kenny omega, the elite, Hangman Adam Page, and the dark order setting up the survivor series match to see if Page gets his title shot. I am so pumped for that I honestly cannot wait to see what they're going to do. Throwing the tag team title chance for the dark order in as a sweetener was just a great move.

Wrestling is good.

• Frosty wrote:
    That was some pop for Vinny Mac last night and it's good to see him coming out doing the meme walk. Also sounds like smackdown was a good show and that the crowd was hot for everything, which is nice. Very curious how the Raw crowd will be. Dynamite was an absolute banger on Wednesday with the crowd back. Shout outs to Darby Allin for coffin dropping through the actual coffin and the angle with Kenny omega, the elite, Hangman Adam Page, and the dark order setting up the survivor series match to see if Page gets his title shot. I am so pumped for that I honestly cannot wait to see what they're going to do. Throwing the tag team title chance for the dark order in as a sweetener was just a great move. Wrestling is good.

Do you reckon it's too early to take the belt off Omega? I'm really torn. I feel like his run hasn't quite got there yet and there are tons of excellent title matches to be had, but at the same time you can't beat Hangman too much.
  • I feel like Hangmans redemption is too good a story to waste trying to squeeze more out of Omega's current run. Give the people what they want. Hangman takes the title with the confidence restored in him by the Dark Order that The Elite were never willing to give him.
  • I feel like Hangmans redemption is too good a story to waste trying to squeeze more out of Omega's current run. Give the people what they want. Hangman takes the title with the confidence restored in him by the Dark Order that The Elite were never willing to give him.

There is that sense of striking while it's hot and not waiting until the story isn't as effective. Delaying is always a risk, though it has worked on occasions before when done well (Naito/Okada). I'm not sure the risk is worth it though so I'm leaning on giving him the title. If they do this better not be a 2 month run. He's got to be the guy if he wins here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!