Pro Wrestling
  • Just watched slammiversiary which was actually pretty good. Absolute killer angle at the end that I won’t spoil and in the most TNA thing to ever happen the fucking ppv feed cut out before the climax so I have no idea what happened
  • Ahaha, so thats what you meant. Glad I didn't stay up and buy it.

Were you watching on Fite? Wondering if the replays have the finish.
  • MITB sounds like a great show, anyone watch?

Won't have a chance until Thursday unfortunately.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Totally forgot about it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I haven't watched it but looked at the results. Spoilers obvs
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Hard to tell if I'm an outlier on that last one. Are people excited to see Roman's new SS opponent? Not hot on the rumoured Bobby Lash opponent either.

@Dante sorry didn't respond about the Hangman Omega chat but I agree with everything you said and while I'm loving this Omega run they've got to do it.
  • watching it at lunch and will report back. Started it this morning but only got as far as the women walking in for the first match
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Did you do the pre show?
  • no do i need to? so far i've not needed to
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Uso's v Mysterios for the tag team titles is on it.
  • I hate watching the mysterios, quite like the uso's but i'm not happy with them due to the DUI shit. 

They said the result in an interview with regins so I know pretty much what went down.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Are people excited to see Roman's new SS opponent?
    Spoiler:
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Frosty wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • ok so I watched MITB (not the pre-show though) - I thought it was awesome. I really enjoyed it. I think the weakest match was the the smackdown tag team match but even that had it's moments. 

I think the crowd made such a difference too. Loved the lets go Roman lets go Edge bit. Thought the crowd chanting for becky during the flair match was uncessary. 

spoiler below is for RAW not MITB (sorry dante)
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah, was not expecting a Raw spoiler in a post that doesn't mention Raw at all.
  • sorry, edited!
  • Frosty wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Honestly it's nice that you're looking forward to it so much. That's what it's all about.

@mk
    Spoiler:
  • Mens MITB holder is 
    Spoiler:
  • which is a possible tie in as it could be leading up to him getting revenge for slaughtering his partner in crime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watching MiTB.

Fuck me Alexa Bliss is so good ain't she. Carries that character perfectly. That superhero gimmick is awful though, just looks cheap.
  • I'm prepared to give it time as it's her idea.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I guess they're going for the really young audience but sort that outfit out.
  • There are definately some benifits to it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Some of those spots in the Men's mitb match, holy shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Okay I popped at the end, fucks sake
  • Watching MiTB. Fuck me Alexa Bliss is so good ain't she.

<3
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Finished Dynamite and it was a weird show. It wasn't the best but I still had a really great time watching.

I can't believe the 2nd "Labour of Jericho" is going to be a deathmatch with Nick Gage and he came out and threatened Jericho with a pizza cutter. That escalated in a way I could never have imagiend in a million years after a fairly pedestrian stipulation in the first labour. I've never seen a Gage match but he has a reputation which makes me think I'm might not enjoy the match itself. It's hella exciting though.

The Texas Deathmatch with Lance Archer and Moxley for the IGWP US title was incredible. Great finish and the fork work through out was both brutal and hilarious. Mox does seem to love getting tangled up in barbed wire. Good for Archer though as it really get's him back up there as he's supposed to be a monster but pretty much always lost. Only downside for me was I missed Jake the Snake being on comms like he is on archers Dark matches.

Chavo Guerrero turned up??? To be Andrade's mouth piece? Super weird. Andrade still isn't working and the segment this week was long and a bit confusing. I'm sure it'll get there.

Shout out to Sting and Orange Cassidy squaring up to each other. I popped hard for it as it was hilarious.

Also spoilers for a couple of potential signings.
    Spoiler:
  • Been watching a bit of dynamite over the last few weeks. It's not too my taste but there is a lot of plus points. The energy from the crowd and some of the main players (who are also pretty clearly defined as characters) is great but it reminds me too much like impact under Russo. Some good wrestling, some good characters and plots but there's too much going on for me so it doesn't always leave an impression. I think it burns me out by the end of the show and not really super eager for another dose. But still miles more engaging than wwe shows. But that's a low bar at this point.

There's also too many gimmick matches - which I think even attitude era feel into. They should cut back a bit on this as the roster can put on decent matches without gimmick over kill.

One last complaint is the lack of selling and sense when they do gimmick matches - and I think the moxley match was a good example. They did some brutal spots but each time they both pop back up. It takes the idea of real danger from a gimmick match when this happens.

All that said, while AEW isn't my cup of vodka, I do like that they are doing well. I'll always be a bit of a fan of the men in tights and it's good to see an alternative to the super corporate and pasteurised version the wwe is churning out.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Have you tried out NWA? I really like it. Just solid, old school, wrestling. Aldis has legitimately restored the prestige of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.
  • Its a shame they decided to go behind a paywall.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!