Pro Wrestling
  • I'd actually watch it if they sign her.
  • I like the IICONICS but impact would be a better fit as they actually have a women's tag division.

Dynamite was decent again this week (though I didn't think last week's was bad either. The angle with the young bucks turning on moxley during their tag match was really great!) . I knew they weren't going to win on the week the bucks turn heel but I was gutted pac and Ray fenix lost as they're so damn good. The bucks heel work, especially after the match, was great though.

Mike Tyson was terrible but that punch he threw at the not bald ftr guy looked kinda real?

• Bucks as heels is mikes better. I think Darby Allin is probably my favourite wrestler to watch right now. For such a small guy he hits everything with such intensity.
  • So Aleister Blacks new look appears to be Mike from Spaced.

tN3LLN5.png
    In 1994 while on weekend manoeuvres in France, I commandeered a Chieftain tank without the permission of my immediate superiors. I then attempted to invade Paris. However, en route I stopped off at Disneyland Paris, or Eurodisney as it was then called, and was subsequently apprehended on Space Mountain.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Bucks as heels is mikes better. I think Darby Allin is probably my favourite wrestler to watch right now. For such a small guy he hits everything with such intensity.

I struggle a bit with Darby Allin. I want to like him but I don't think he gets enough mic time and as a result I don't really know what his character is. In the Team Tazz fued despite being the champ he felt very second fiddle to Sting. Saying that I watched Elevation for the first time last monday and the first thing on the show was a promo from him which was pretty good but they don't often do it on Dynamite itself.

In other news I'm pretty hyped for Wednesday now that Kenny Omega is a triple world champ - AEW, AAA, and Impact. Can't wait to see if he collects anymore belts before it inevitably comes crashing down around him. I know AEW have a working relationship with NWA so a Nick Aldis match could be fun and if they do some more with New Japan I'd love to see Okada turn up and clothesline his head off.
  • Ah, good old Kenny omega. Seems a nice guy. Like street fighter too. One hell of an athlete.

But a terrible wrestler imo. Terrible facials, often no logic to what goes on in his matches, can sell in the moment but doesn't seem to understand how to sell through a match.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Each to there own obviously but I don't have a problem with any part of his game, everything he does is so smooth and his v triggers and snap dragon suplexes always look absolutely brutal. I've only seen his AEW run so can't comment on his New Japan stuff but that gets nothing but plaudits so I can't imagine I'd not enjoy it if I went back.
  • His matches do suffer sometimes from that Indyriffic thing of infinate finisher mode.
  • That's mostly just wrestling now. He's probably got the most protected finisher in any promotion as I think only one person has ever kicked out of the One Winged Angel
  • Yeah, but only one person ever kicked out of the Cobra, and that's Daniel Bryan.
  • I don't question his skill at all. Or his ability (can't think of many fucks by him). I just find that, as Dante said, a lot of his matches do seem to have big finish after big finish but for no real impact. I realise this is a modern thing of the Last five years or maybe more but it takes me out of things. Why is the f5 dangerous if roman reigns can kick out after taking 5 in a row for example.

Also his facials. His hulk up routine, the pointing ... again, take me out of it. He is certainly not the only one but he seems a genuinely amazing athlete, it feels a pity.

Still, meltzer loves his stuff so what do I know.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Meltzer would give 20 stars to two tramps fighting over chips, as long as it happened in the Tokyo Dome.

I've definately enjoyed a lot of Omega's matches. The series with Okada is phenomenal, and he also does comedy wrestling brilliantly. But I can definately see the issues people might have.
  • He’s very hammy and I get why people don’t like him but I fucking love him. Each to their own

@frosty I totally get what you’re saying about Darby. This is an AEW problem. They often do some great stuff on dark and elevation and just assume everyone watching Dynamite knows what is going on. I’d be confused as fuck on some of the stuff on Dynamite if I didn’t watch the b shows. I did love this weeks episode. The parley segment knocked it out the park.

@dante I do think Meltzer gets an unfair rep given for years the highest ppv average star rating for any promotion was nxt. I agree with him about 60% of the time but he does lose his mind and go nuts on stuff sometimes.
  • To be fair to Meltzer, he isn't the problem - it's that for both some of his detractors and proponents, the star system is held up as far too definitive. Its an opinion albeit an educated one too.

I don't like what Dave likes but he has watched a hell of a lot more wrestling than I ever will and probably knows a lot more than I ever could. He has earned to right to say he has a very good idea of what he is talking about. But it's still just an opinion. People need to let it go sometime (Bruce Prichard in particular)

One thing I do hate about Meltzer though is his delivery when discussing a bit of breaking news or gossip. Holy shit does he use a lot of words to say so little so often.

I mean that's what I've heard, it's possible...
    SFV - reddave360
  • So match of the year happened this morning. Absolute blinder with Will Ospreay and Shingo Takagi in new japan. I’ve fallen out with the promotion in the last year but when it hits it really fucking hits. Anyone wanting a special place to watch it message me.
  • Daniel Bryan’s contract has expired. I’m excited.
  • Genuinely one of the feds biggest misses. I know they did give him some what of a push and I know an injury curtailed his big moment but they should have been on the Bryan train much sooner. Great at heel or face, awesome ring work and able to get a crowd going. If he ends up in AEW, I genuinely would give their show another go.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I’m hoping he’ll shine up the lifeless corpse that is new Japan.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    I’m hoping he’ll shine up the lifeless corpse that is new Japan.

I'm sure he could. I genuinely hold him in regard as one of the real greats of the most recent years. And even before that.
    SFV - reddave360
  • He could just retire but him turning up in AEW would be incredible.

Started fully watching AEW Dark and Tazz and Excalibur are so much fun on comms. For what is a B show they make it a really laid back easy watch and at times are absolutely hilarious. Not going to lie it was Botchamania that got me to watch the whole show rather than to just pick and choose a match here and there as the clips of the two of them full on pissing themselves were too good.

Also a big fan of The Pretty Picture now. They're just a bunch of absolute goofs and their dumb skits have been really good fun.
  • Taz and Excalibur are well funny. It’s like the developmental show. A real easy watch. Really looking forward to the next 2 Dynamites. Blood and Guts and then my boy Yuji Nagata v Moxley.
  • Also as much as I like him I’m looking forward to the impending destruction of Darby via Miro, who has been fucking brilliant
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    I’m hoping he’ll shine up the lifeless corpse that is new Japan.

I'm sure he could. I genuinely hold him in regard as one of the real greats of the most recent years. And even before that.

I agree. I honestly regard him as Top 5 of all time and the best guy the WWE has ever had in maybe the last 15 years.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    So match of the year happened this morning. Absolute blinder with Will Ospreay and Shingo Takagi in new japan. I’ve fallen out with the promotion in the last year but when it hits it really fucking hits. Anyone wanting a special place to watch it message me.

Holy crap! that was incredible, they absolutely beat the shit out of each other. Thanks for sharing, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Not really watched any new japan before but after that I think I get the love people have for it. It's totally different to the style of the big American promotions (based on one match).

Loved it. Although don't think I could watch many more like that, it was exhausting just watching it.

• So Dynamite Blood and Guts. Never seen a war games match before but that didn't really do it for me. It was fun up until all 10 were in then it kinda just dragged until the end.

Finish was a bit underwhelming as well. Don't think I'd have been bothered by it if the build to it hadn't been so slow. Jericho had to stop on the side of the cage while climbing up and hang out giving smiles because of the ad break and it helped kill the momentum.

Could had better camera angles for Jericho's fall from the cage as well. I know it's fake but it's a hard sell for the commentary team when I can see quite clearly he just landed on some crash mats with cardboard on top.

Also the only women's match or segment on the card was a squash match which is poor.

Rest of the show was great and I'm super hyped for next week. Miro is, I assume, going to absolutely murder a now injured Darby Allin, Pac v Orange Cassidy should be great fun, and Mox vs Yuji Nagata should be really good.
  • This shot of MJF on top of the cage is pretty good tho

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1390302880897421317?s=19
  • heard rumours a few weeks ago on wrestlelamia (yeah yeah yeah) that Enzo and Big Cass might be coming back to wwe. Anyone heard anything like that? I thought they were canned because enzo raped someone and big cass was a drunk?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Big Cass literally just signed with Impact Wrestling a week ago.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • ok thanks
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I doubt either of them would ever be back in WWE, but if either of them would be allowed back I think it would be Cass.

I've only seen Jericho's fall, but that was hilariously bad. It's the sort of mistake your local indy with no time and money might make, but I expect much better from a major promotion.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!