Pro Wrestling
  • The consistency of holding the boos for hogan is perfect.
  • Night 2 summary

Loved the fiend entrance and the alexa bliss bleeing eyes stuff. Thought the match was pretty good too but yes the finish needed more for a WM match. Did think at times that the Fiend could actually be the new taker he's got the it factor. 

Womens tag match yawn 

I enjoyed KO vs Sammy, but it's just too done to death.. it's like 2019 all over again. KO is soo good. Really got the crowd pumped. 

Shamus and riddle was ok. Good ending. 

Big E vs apollo was the disappointment for the night. Didn't help that even the commentators didn't know who the fuck that guy was. 

Asuka match was worse tbh. Few nice moves but I preferred the flair/rousey stuff a year or so ago. 

I liked the final match, loved the double submission on roman :D thought the ending was ok. My biggest gripe really is that a) edge is a has been and looks it b) commentators saying roman is the most dominant champion in recent history - but in reality that was brock c) Daniel bryan as basically a fly weight comes across as mismatched with anyone over 300lbs. 

Also fireworks budget for romans entry and then another set when he lifted the belt at the beginning.. crikey. Maybe they used more on the 2nd night as it wasn't raining.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Big E vs apollo was the disappointment for the night. Didn't help that even the commentators didn't know who the fuck that guy was. 

Ha wwe do this too much. He was featured heavily on raw underground a few months back, including losing to braun strowman, and then even included in the draft for raw. Fair enough if you don't watch raw but it's so dumb when wwe act like their audience has a memory of about two weeks.
  • mk64 wrote:
    My biggest gripe really is that a) edge is a has been and looks it b) commentators saying roman is the most dominant champion in recent history - but in reality that was brock c) Daniel bryan as basically a fly weight comes across as mismatched with anyone over 300lbs.  Also fireworks budget for romans entry and then another set when he lifted the belt at the beginning.. crikey. Maybe they used more on the 2nd night as it wasn't raining.

Um, what?

SPORT-PREVIEW-EDGE.jpg

Also no one in that match was 300 pounds, but if you want to see Bryan looking like an absolute star against the most dominant champion in recent history, you can watch it here:

He's an amazing in ring storyteller. This is also probably Lesnars best match in this second run, and it's precisely because of his opponent.
  • That survivor series match is top. Thanks for the share.
    SFV - reddave360
  • i stopped watching raw about 18 months ago. Maybe slightly longer. I got fed up of watching the same matches week after week. 

If i watched the new day vs shamus and cesaro one more time with different stipulations I was going to go crazy. I also think it undermines them being 11 time champions when I suspect 5 of those was to and fro with shamus and cesaro. 

Then it was rollins vs dolph every week - yawn. 

Nothing happened and I got bored
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • it's not his physic i'm debating. The man looks old and tired. 

https://site-cdn.givemesport.com/images/20/11/18/8c3c6c553835507c7e8602303f022264/960.jpg
  • mk64 wrote:
    i stopped watching raw about 18 months ago. Maybe slightly longer. I got fed up of watching the same matches week after week.  If i watched the new day vs shamus and cesaro one more time with different stipulations I was going to go crazy. I also think it undermines them being 11 time champions when I suspect 5 of those was to and fro with shamus and cesaro.  Then it was rollins vs dolph every week - yawn.  Nothing happened and I got bored

I mean that's fair. Raw sucks.

It's just so dumb when the commentators do the "omg who is this guy who I have never ever seen before" act as a lot of the audience will know who he is. And for those that don't I imagine if they did give him some background it would help give context and sell it for anyone who hasn't been watching the tv show.
  • Cesaro and Sheamus ended the 483 day reign with the WWE Tag Team Championship in December 2016, and also beat them for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship in August 2018. The New Day have never beaten them for the title.
  • Cesaro and Sheamus ended the 483 day reign with the WWE Tag Team Championship in December 2016, and also beat them for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship in August 2018. The New Day have never beaten them for the title.

ok, how many times have the bar and the new day wrestled?
  • there you go then..
  • Frosty wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    i stopped watching raw about 18 months ago. Maybe slightly longer. I got fed up of watching the same matches week after week.  If i watched the new day vs shamus and cesaro one more time with different stipulations I was going to go crazy. I also think it undermines them being 11 time champions when I suspect 5 of those was to and fro with shamus and cesaro.  Then it was rollins vs dolph every week - yawn.  Nothing happened and I got bored
    I mean that's fair. Raw sucks. It's just so dumb when the commentators do the "omg who is this guy who I have never ever seen before" act as a lot of the audience will know who he is. And for those that don't I imagine if they did give him some background it would help give context and sell it for anyone who hasn't been watching the tv show.

Raw is awful. I've seen folks here say that AEW dynamite is good but it really feels like Impact - lots going on, good matches but a too much of everything to really leave an impact with me. But oh boy, the last Raw I saw (and to be fair was a while ago)... 3 hours of anything is rough. But its been years since the Fed could put together a decent 2 hour show let alone an extra hour of just awful guff. AEW doesnt work for me but I would definitely watch one of their TV shows over Raw. Oddly, I'd probably go for a Fed PPV over an AEW. Not fair to comment on the covid stuff but up until last year, the big WWE ppv could entertain. Rumble, Mania and a few others.
    SFV - reddave360
  • rumble was better than mania for me. Just. 

Mania is just too much now It's three to four days of it. if i was there as a fan it'd be ok but the hall of fame thing is a whole night, then you have the pre-show then two full nights. It's just too much. Get pickier about the matches. There's a tonne of belts now so just make every match a title match .
  • It's only been 2 nights because of Covid. It's back to one next year, although I will say that at 35 I was absolutely dead on my feet by the end, so they probably need to trim that down as well. It was something mad like 8 hours, and still ran long.

I'd definately recommend not watching the Hall of Fame at the time. It's great fun when you're there, but can very much be Too Much Content if you're not. I still haven't watched it from this year.
  • 8 hours ?!? As Gawd as my witness, I'd be broken in half.

The only way to do an 8 hour show is to treat it like a festival and have people walk around to different rings to see different shows. etc. Dont think even that would work but jesus, 8 hours on a shitty folding chair watching wrestling sounds awful (I'm sure it was actually good fun while you were there Dante)
    SFV - reddave360
  • I've just looked it up, 7.5 hours. Thats including the pre-show, but for me, there wasn't any difference.

At least it didn't rain I guess.
  • yes, jesus imagine turning up not suitable dressed.

I really want to do rumble or mania one year. I know we spoke about it a few years ago. I'm not sure i want to go to the US right now though. Might wait to see how 2023 is looking. I'm in no rush. 

Does anyone think there is just too much content being made at the moment? Which is impacting the quality?
  • and what has happened to Jinder?
  • I've just looked it up, 7.5 hours. Thats including the pre-show, but for me, there wasn't any difference. At least it didn't rain I guess.
    Was that the year it finished so late the trains back from the stadium weren't running? 7.5 hour show plus the travel time to and from the stadium makes it a monster of a day. I'd be dead by the end.
    mk64 wrote:
    Does anyone think there is just too much content being made at the moment? Which is impacting the quality?

I watch Dynamite every week and that's it. It's a 2 hour show which is the perfect amount of wrestling for me.

I couldn't watch 3 hours of Raw, 2 hours of Smackdown, and 2 hours of NXT. That would basically be all my free time for a week.

Content wise I think the problem WWE have is a management issue. They don't do long term booking and instead rewrite the shows hours before they go live on air. They have a week to write the show but instead have to do it all last minute.

They also constantly break up tag teams and stables for no reason so it's impossible for teams to get established and go on a run. Breaking up the Hurt Business was such a weird and bad decision.

Also with the women's division they need to stop combining the women's championship with the women's tag belts. I think they've done it 3 or 4 times accross Raw and Smackdown over the past year. It's so for both belts. They did it with Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair then immediately started doing it with Asuka and Rhea both against Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler.

For someone who doesn't watch the shows I have a lot of opinions it turns out. They have such an amazing roster I just wish it was used better.
  • mk64 wrote:
    and what has happened to Jinder?

Saving the big man for after Drew wins the belt back.
  • Frosty wrote:
    I've just looked it up, 7.5 hours. Thats including the pre-show, but for me, there wasn't any difference. At least it didn't rain I guess.
    Was that the year it finished so late the trains back from the stadium weren't running? 7.5 hour show plus the travel time to and from the stadium makes it a monster of a day. I'd be dead by the end.

It was. I actually managed to get a train back, but by the sounds of it it might have been the last one that I got on. According to Google Maps, I was at the stadium complex from 15:40 to 1:05. Got to Penn Station at 1:47, and back to the hotel in Times Square at 2:09.
    mk64 wrote:
    and what has happened to Jinder?

He was on the stage at the opening of the first night dressing rather hopefully in his ring gear.
  • WWE has just shit-canned the following wrestlers...

Billie Kay
    Mickie James
    Chelsea Green
    Tucker
    Kalisto
    Wesley Blake
    Samoa Joe
    Bo Dallas
    Peyton Royce
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Ooh, fuck.

So, Mickie, Wesley Blake and Bo, I understand. Chelsea Green got a lot of heat for covid violations, and I don't think has been used much since.

But the others? Billie Kay and Peyton Royce were a hugely popular tag team split up for no reason at all. Supposedly Vince was hot on Peyton, but since she was soon languashing in another, much worse tag team with a partner no one liked. Billie Kay made chicken feed out of chicken shit after the breakup with the Headshot/Resume thing, but both would clearly have been better served by remaining as a tag team, as would the division.

Tucker, similar story. Heavy Machinary get popular, out of nowhere Otis get Money in the Bank and a singles push, which they then drop entirely for seemingly no reason, Tucker heel turn and team breakup for no reason, then Tucker disappears entirely, and we put Otis in another tag team.

Kalisto, in popular tag team, pointless heel turn, leaves team does nothing.

Samoa Joe.. fucking hell. At my most charitable, injuries are why he's been released. Based on his Twitter, it's probably not. Absolute waste of a massive talent who could have been one of the biggest stars in the world.
  • A year to the day since Black Wednesday as well. Vince is just a massive cunt.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yep. I imagine Triple H has punched out about 50 walls tonight.
  • Dynamite was great this week. Opening match was a belter and some great stuff progressing with the pinnacle, inner circle and Miro. It's a weird show as last weeks was a burning bin full of shite.

On the subject of wrestling, New Japan started doing 2 Tokyo domes a few year back as one wrestle kingdom went like 7 fucking hours and it was ludicrous. Saying that, I've watched 5 hour shows that have felt like 2 hour shows and 2 hour shows that feel like 5 hour shows. It's all about pacing and quality. I tuned into wrestlemaina and just find the whole product so bloated. It's one of the (million) reasons I barely watch anymore. If it was just match to match with a couple of segments in between I'd be fine. Starting the show tryign to prove Hulk Hogan is defiantely not a racist left an immidiate sour taste in my mouth. I think the Rumble this year for the first 60 minutes had like 13 minutes of actual wrestling. I tuned out.

I'm just glad AEW exisits as every other promotion I used to enjoy pre-covid seems to have fallen off a cliff.
  • Billiekay :(
  • Sounds harsh but I think she’s terrible and hope Tony Khan doesn’t sign them

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!