DOTA2
  • Highly likely I'll be around tonignt around 10 or later for some games, folk gonna be around?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I am here and lonesome.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Tonight was Game of Thrones catchup time so I can't make it.

I'll be grabbing a sly game tomorrow morning at 0800 before I'm forced to do manual labor in the garden.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Argh, one guy leaves 'cause he doesn't get to go mid and another bails shortly afterwards. The two guys and I make a valiant stand and I'm convinced we'd have nailed it if they hadn't a fat Zeus and sniper.

Another case of people going 4 carries and me.
  • Me and Bollo had some good games last night, tried to not be so carry heavy but people usually go full carry vs bots.

Should be around this afternoon/evening.
  • I have my proper pc now so might give this a go, see if I can comprehend the intricacies
  • We'd be glad to have you on board Shabs!
  • Squee! I guess I'll avail myself on some bots
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've downloaded all the qualifier replays and will watch some highlights later.

I'd say it's to get better but the pace is so fast I can't always comprehend what's going down. It's mainly to level my smeevil.

We may get a full stack soon!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is it easy to download the replays?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I ended up downloading all the qualifier replays from some site in rar form. Jus cut and paste the replays into the Dota replay folder and Robert's your mother's brother.

The biggest faff is the fact there's a folder structure in the rar that separates the games out so I've cut them all out in batches so I know what I'm watching.

If you want I could post all the ID's so you can get them in client?
  • Finding myself settling pretty well as Witch Doctor for support, his sceptre'd ult is ridiculous. Would like to try human games soon, plenty of the AI behaviour is questionable and annoying.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I've been using bot games to try and get a feel for laning properly but there're some stupid shit done by those bots.
  • Ignoring whole teams to chase down support characters, only using their abilities at the perfect range (Razor is a shit for) and avoiding your attacks in the same way (I watched them run and test the range of my WD ward) and other annoying stuff.

We need to team up and get in some pubs. Draft mode sounds best, or least picked. All Pick will be a disaster.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    First ban - Witch Doctor.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Definitely the one where you get given 3 characters to pick from. I'm hoping that my dongle arrives tomorrow but I'll probably not be around until Wed evening unless the missus works late.
  • Anyone about tomorrow daytime? Got the day off so I can watch Evo all night, but now have to be up earlyish to let a dude in to kill a wasps nest that's been built in our bedroom wall (the horror). So I will most likely spend most of my day on Dota.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    gaywasps_zpsf4cb009d.gif

I'll be around.
  • Haha, something like that. 

You can hear the fuckers in their chewing on the wood and if you put your ear to closer the wall you can hear all the wings abuzz. 

See you on tomorrow at some point then!
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • We're building to pubs on this. Gonna try and play each hero just once so I can stride into single draft, so folks who play with me: prepare for some awfulness.
  • GG's Temps and Bollo. Sorry if I was a bit quiet, the entire time was spent trying desperately not to die/suck/feed. Tidehunter is here to stay for sure and I do enjoy Ursa too (will check out some Jungling guides and all round etiquette and practice that on my own next time), but as above, I do really want to give everyone a look in. Which is a good problem to have I guess. 

More soon!
  • I'll be all over this when I get a spare couple of years.
  • Eurogamer has stuck a review up now it's a final release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-16-dota-2-review

They make a good point too, now is probably a decent time to get into it.
  • I love Quinns
  • Real talk: I am chomping at the bit to get on Pubs and give it a go. Heroes to date that I have played -

Enchantress
    Drow
    Sniper
    Chaos Knight
    Sand King
    Invoker
    Crystal Maiden
    Luna
    Lina
    Queen of Pain
    Tidehunter
    Necrolyte
    Lich
    Leshrac
    Slark
    Faceless Void
    Witch Doctor
    Undying
    GyroCopter
    Clockwerk
    Weaver
    Bloodseeker
    Timbersaw
    Shadow Demon
    Bane
    Tiny
    Enigma

So that's around a quarter of the full roster. I really feel like i'm getting to the stage where I comprehend it enough to get on and give with pubs at low level. To those who are still quite low on game counts, I implore you to keep trying new heroes. You get a feel for what they can do much better than the bots will show you, and sticking to just one hero and build means you won't learn various items and such.

Need to get my gank on.
  • Yeah my aim is to play all of the heroes in the limited hero pool once before moving onto the main playlist. I'm doing PvP matches rather than playing bots though as you pick up things much quicker but you do also run the risk of getting smashed pretty hard. I've had some interesting games trying to figure out my heores abilities in the middle of a game...
  • I keep seeing you on but you always appear to be in a game when I'm not, and not in when I am. We should probably co-ordinate and give it a go, Bollo is fairly reliable and i've watched some of your stuff and you seem to cope fairly well, your team mates' uselessness not withstanding ;)

It doesn't look much harder than bot matches in some respects. I doubt a low level human player can hit Razor's Plasma Field with the pin point precision the AI can. I can pencil in some time on... wednesday.
  • Wednesday evening is good for me.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm good for Wed at 2230 again. I've got the headset sorted, I think. It's connected at least but says drivers not available. I'll have a look at the Sony site for Bluetooth headsets.

I've been trying out a hero in med bots to start and then progressing to pubs but I tried sniper the other day and got burned by Viper.
  • I could do Wed 22:45/23:00

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!