It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You have sanction to break the speed limit. Especially if you're on foot.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm updating Steam! Damn.
  • Dammit, steam and dota need an update! Have you got time for another game?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Gotta get that damn headset dongle.
  • Yeah you do. Good job on the med game even though there were some iffy team plays going on. I'm sure they've upgraded the bots as they seem far more ruthless with items now.

Hard is a chore without a full team because even one idiot feeding is going to ruin your day If that idiot is in the mid lane and they die 6 tmes in a row, there is no point carrying on, you can't bring back those odds without superior farming in another lane, which we didn' have.

I love Enchantress but I need to start grasping the team synergy and only using her when the situation allows, otherwise I need to fall back on Purge's golden team pick rule of "if in doubt, choose a stun or slow" because in a team fight a good stun or slow is so much more useful than any half assed carry or ganker will ever be.

Which I guess breaks down to "when in doubt pick Venomancer, Witch Doctor or Tidehunter" as they're probably three of the best stun/slow guys in the game afaik. I reckon Mostly needs to try and get to grips with a proper support guy too cos Timbersaw can be awesome (as seen last night) but horizons need to be broadened.
  • Speaking of, I plan to set up some solo games this weekend (already at the team bots vs bots part of the tutorial but being constrained to just 20 characters is annoying me now) are their any you guys would suggest that'd help out with an eye to playing properly with you folk? I have already used Tidehunter, Death Prophet, Juggernaught and one or two others. Enjoyed them all but I really want to practice with Necrolyte and some other dudes who aren't in the tutorial line up.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I get my new pc in a few days so I will be back on this. My laptop starts overheating when I play this game for more than 10 minutes
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • @Cherry_Pez best thing to do is just hop on some games with us and role who ever you want. If we play with other players against bots then we nearly always get a strong mid like Templar Assassin who helps carry the game while you get time to learn the ropes.

I don't think playing Hard Bots is much of a learning excercise really. If you're trying a hero you've never played before, or have only played a few times then you get nothing from being given an absolute drubbing by bots that are more co-ordinated than most human players.

What kinda roles do you like playing? Necrolyte is interesting and can perform a solid mid lane against medium bots.
  • Not sure what roles yet mate, only put about 4 hours in to the game. I find the idea of Carries interesting but I'd get a kick out of support as well, played a bit with Vengeful Spirit and could see the hi jinks you could get up to with some comrades and that Ulti. I hadn't planned on playing Mid just yet, would feel much safer Bot/Top with someone to watch my back. But am total nub currently, some co-op games would be excellent for sure, maybe at some point this weekend I can get on, however it is EVO so I'll be running on Vegas time and attached to Twitch for most of it.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Well I mostly play week nights anyway, with @Bollockoff, @Mostly and I guess @subbaz now. Priority is to get yourself a mic if you can, it just helps chatting about items and when to back off etc It's not integral but it is helpful.

Carries are a lot of fun, and if you're good it feels excellent, but they're also frequently squishy and tough to use. A few exceptions are Drow and Chaos Knight who have great auto attack potential. Realistically in a "proper" game you'd have only one carry, at very most two, but in co-op you end to get 3-4, cut it's certainly worth learning them so you get a feel for how quick you can kill/be killed. Also they need good farm to be strong, so you get used to learning last hitting well.

Also they work fine on bot/top and someone like Drow is perfect to have a support with her cos her range lets her stay back and grab those Last Hits easily. I'd recommend Luna as well as she is beastly when farmed a little.

I guess I need to learn some good mid heroes so I can step up.
  • I have a headset so no worries there, mid week is fine but I wouldn't be getting on till around 11ish I don't think, then I usually play through till about 1:30. I'll just pic and mix this weekend and see who grabs me the most I guess. Shall give Luna a look! Yeah last hitting is all I've really been practising, that and staying mobile while I do it. Also do you guys have any favourites I should skim over for now so we don't double up. I read Sniper, SK (was that Skeleton or Sand) and Enchantress? That about right?
  • Most of us are flexible I think. Mostly has stuck to Timbersaw, he needs to changeup IMO though to learn a few more of the roles.

Guys I like to play: Drow, Enchantress, Phantom Lancer, Sniper, Luna, Faceless Void, Slark, but I'm super easy as i've played them at least a half a dozen times and really need to learn some support.
  • Cool, then I shall just give as many a go this weekend as poss. Defo want to give Ursa a go, so much polar bear.
  • I'm really enjoying it. Sorry, I got disconnected last night after we finished.

Yup, Tempy's right. I've played T'saw for a few games, mainly just to try and get a handle on items and shopping, plus he's not a bad starting character (his abilities have a very low cooldown time, one is a passive armour/regen ability, his first one is great for last hitting if your timing is a bit off and the ult is a great support which basically slows one hero to a crawl whilst another can take him out), but time to learn the ropes a bit more now and take off the training wheels!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've started off as Supports mainly. The Lion, the Witch and the Lich are my usual crew.

I need to start trying a proper carry (Bloodseeker) and jungler (Lycan) or I'll be stuck as support forever!

I'm always good for a game on Wed at 2230 and whenever I can sneak an hour in, I'll post here.
  • Lion is a weird support because Finger of Death is one of the most heavily damaging abilities in the game, he can be an absolute beast.

I've got a guy from the Drowned in Sound forums to add me on steam so we might have another body :)
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Dongle ordered and will arrive tomorrow.

I may be able to sneak in a few games after work at 1730 if folk are around?
  • I should be around then for an hour or so, yup.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've got a barby to be dragged along to so I probably won't be around. I need to make up for my Shocking Shaman.
  • July 2012
    j9TQtYW.png

July 2013
    j2WIOek.png
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yet finding a full final tutorial game is bitch!

Suspicions aroused in my two previous games seem correct, Bloodseeker is really fun to play. I was mid game v medium bots when the missus came home and I'm fast approaching fatboy snowballing.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Wow, just had what felt like an epic battle in noob tutorial mode. There was some serious teamfights going down to stop a runaway Jugg. I got a few tidy Mek saves on our BH and Windrunner.

I post the replay up tomorrow if folk have time to watch but I thought it was a nicely close fought game. I could easily have seen it go south.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I can see how Jugg's Blade Fury would pwn noob after noob after noob on that tutorial.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, he got me a few times with it unfortunately. I got a few decent Lich rallies in too.
  • Won my first Hard mode Bots match, using Kunkka of all people. He was more of a ball ache to use than Ursa who I immediately adored (Target enemy, hit R, hit W, if no Ulti just hit W anyway it seems to make little difference). He seems very one dimensional and if they can blink or run away then you're pretty boned. Need a nice CC friend to root folks first! Got to have a play with Necrolyte finally too and I definitely want more practice with him. 

Defo post the replay Sub I'd be interested to watch it. Hopefully get some multi games soon!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Hmm, how do these replays actually work then? I've downloaded it and got the replay ID, do you guys just enter this somewhere in client?

ID is 240708999. I got left on my own in top for about 5-10 minutes against Jugg and his partner as Venom tried to work out how to sell items at the fountain. I don't know if you can see the chat but I was borderline going apeshit at him to get back in lane. I think it was a classic noob case of 4 carries and me.
  • Did he not realise you just right click and sell? :|

I need to get away from carry types if we're gonna play fairly frequently. Need to up my support game. Gonna give Treant Protector a go. According to DOTACinema, Abbadon is also available now, truth?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I read stuff about Abbadon on the chat. Also someone along the lines of legion of something?

I mentioned right clicking but he said its stuck on his cursor, he bailed and reconnected.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!