DOTA2
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I think it's a bug at the mo. Same thing for me.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ah, fair enough.  Had a good game as Sven just now before I realised I was on medium.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The in-game tutorial has been greatly expanded and revamped so's peeps know.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    The in-game tutorial has been greatly expanded and revamped so's peeps know.

Nice one - played through the previous version and learnt the clicky clicky stuff but nothing about the wider game / aims etc. 

Cheers for the heads up
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I played through two more episodes and I think I missed the third one.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You get free items for completing each one if that's an incentive. There's a great mode towards the end that's an unranked real match against other tutorial peeps with a 20 hero pool.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Oh, yeah! I remember getting a sniper cloak.

Anyone fancy trading for anything SK or Lich related?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Played my first Hard AI game with randoms tonight as Ogre Magi. Started off really well by setting up wards on our bot lane and had helped score 5 kills for the Necrolyte I was babysitting and 1 for myself before the 10 minute mark (laning against Drow and Sand King).

Very quickly went to shit as soon as we hit the teamfight phase as I realised the Storm Spirit and Alchemist on our team had 0 kills between them and a mounting number of deaths. We had a Huskar mid who was decent but with two unfarmed players on our team we swiftly lost every single team fight and got raped. Annoying as hell.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Everyone wants to be a carry. I'm sticking to supports for now.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Wise. If you can, start learning the warding game. I didn't realise till last night but they really are incredible for setting up ganks/counter ganks and watching Runes.

• Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Good thinking. I'm so fixated on staying in lane and more recently, not dieing.

I'll have a look and get some sort of plan working.
  • 3 Trials down, fixated on getting last hits for now. Does mean I find myself sitting on 1800 gold occasionally but I'm slowly working out the timing for calling the winged carrier for new shoes etc. Still no sign of being able to choose Necrolyte...

Edit: And joined the BnB group. May be on later tonight once the Mrs is asleep.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Is everyone else getting Sniper stuff from the tutorial? I did the mid tower one and onto the full bot game one now.
  • I am going to be on this from mid afternoon until 10pm-ish today. Any chance we can get some headset teamwork happening?
  • I am here to gank lanes and farm creeps.

And I'm all outta creeps.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've got to be sociable unfortunately. Still need a Bluetooth dongle for headset shenanigans.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'll be around after work I think. Other half is out for dinner so I'll have an hour or two.

Anyone actually know what a decent Bluetooth dongle should cost?
  • Dunno, I just use a 360 headset plugged into a 360 controller and then that doubles up as a handy controller for games when I'm not playing DOTA.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure hard bots are all that helpful for learning new guys, last night we were playing with stacks of guys who did not have their shit together at all and we lost all but one game I think? Failed as both Drow (why?!) and Undying as support was from folk bar Bollo was lame.

Managed to finish on a high with Enchantress though, with the sceptre she's beastly at long range. With the Bloodstone she becomes some kind of nymphtank with her utterly insane heal that makes her practically invulnerable.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ah, I didn't know that would work. Although I have just realised I don't have a wired headset. I'll order a dongle soon.

Medium just seems too easy though. My AI team can win team fights easily without me after the lane phase. I can bumble about and jungle and they seem to do fine without me.
  • I'd always chuck it on medium when randoming a new hero though, I find last hitting and learning matchups can be a delicate affair, and 40 mins is a long time to invest in getting destroyed. That said, it's the humain co-op people who are frequently awful. Every game last night was the pretty much the same: one heinously good carry dominating, to be let down by one off lane feeding abymsally, and me and Bollo just being stuck in the void between - too weak to get kills on our own, not hardy enough to counter the fed AI and their precision targetting of skills.

People not understanding their roles or what their character can do is a pain. Some guy suggested he'd try a Carry build on Lina. Certainly possible as she's got heavy burst damage potential, but not when, after 35 mins, she's lowest on the leaderboard for kills and highest for deaths, when a totally support based character (Bollo's Keeper of Light) is doing better. She was even mid for gawdsake.

Or the Bounty Hunter who was with us in the set up of some excellent ganks, only to back of right at the initiation and leave us floundering. Great thing about Undying is his Tombstonemeans you can die and still help massively in teamfights, but that means the damn carry has to stick around to mop up the stragglers. Nope, just turn invisible and run back to the jungle. Thanks.

Anywho, it'll be nice to play with some people who are even just slightly more reliable than flaky randoms.
  • Only managed 4 hours or so over the weekend, got all the way up to full bot matches in the tutes though. Was generally kicking simpleton AI butt by the end of it and having a good play around with the characters that are available to me currently. Will probably start setting up some Solo bot matches so I can have a play around with some folks who I genuinely want to try out.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Me and Subbax completed our first human game this eve on the tutorial bit. Results were one sided.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=158626886
  • I am quite the Snipes fan. Gutted I missed it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOOOOOOOU.

I have no idea how Warlock works but Subbax was healing me and putting some weird debuff thing on creeps and summoning demon fuckbuddies so he did a bang up job.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Warlock is quite the fun support to play. That debuff links the damage so it's felt by everyone.

Loving the Aghanim Ult upgrade to two big fiery demons.
  • Sceptre is a boss item. Increases the range of Enchantress' ultimate which sounds rubbish, but her ulti does more damage the further away you are from the target. It makes sniping fleeing foes a cakewalk.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'll be around for about 2230 tonight if folk are around. No chat but happy to support like a boss.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Assemble.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    2 in. Come on Temps, Lock and Lord!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!