PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bojangles wrote:
    And I second the return of Forum Forza. Assists are for fannies. That includes ABS.
    Amen brother Bojangles, amen...

When I get set-up on my own I will be making some t's and the B&B FNF one will have 'Assists are for fannies.' on it.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Bojangles wrote:
    And I second the return of Forum Forza. Assists are for fannies. That includes ABS.
    Amen brother Bojangles, amen...

When I get set-up on my own I will be making some t's and the B&B FNF one will have 'Assists are for fannies.' on it.

I will totally be a fanny!!!
  • I'm up for fanny !

And I'm up for assists !

I can't wait for next gen , its gonna be fucking great !

@JMW For both consoles !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think that people just get used to assists, y'all be fine if you spent a couple sessions without them.

For me the game improves massively as you have control over your ride but even better than that is it gives you chance to showboat. Nothing better than having a buddy behind and just lighting up the rears while grabbing some opposite lock!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Bojangles wrote:
    The HD feed of Spa that Indigo linked to is bloody breathtaking. Even my wife, who detests Forza was uber impressed. 24 days. And I second the return of Forum Forza. Assists are for fannies. That includes ABS.

assists make all games like this sterile and dull!
    it were one of the worst problems with older versions of this and gt5 that assists were defaulted to on.
    over half the irl friends i know that played forza 3/4 and gt5 didnt even know they could be turned off.
    (the rest were too scared to try or got to used to having them).

driving aids are the bad aids!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    THat's why I always used to host the lobbies with my irl buddies, I almost used to lock it to in-car as well but there are a couple who just wouldn't play. What did surprise me was that I have one friend who would always finish last, without question, and yet he was the one who seemed to most enjoy it regardless.

I can't wait for MP races, 16 player '76 F1 races, oh fuck yeah!

Do we know what our running total of Day One Forza players are yet? I'll update the OP once we know...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If its anything like Forza 4 the actual number of times the forum plays it online together will be between 5 and 6.
  • I've got the day off awaiting delivery , I'm going to it up on its box and wait for all the downloads , then set it up in my tv cabinet . I'm Forza and the mrs is out , so it's Forza and Bf4 all night

!!!!!!!' HYPE !!!!!!!!!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    If its anything like Forza 4 the actual number of times the forum plays it online together will be between 5 and 6.
    That's why I put I can't wait for MP races and not Forum MP races, though I can't wait for them either!

I'll start updating the OP because as boring as that is it is more appealing than the wallpapering my missus wants me to do. No doubt I will get a bollocking when she gets home from work though!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    That looks gorgeous, but did anyone else notice the wing mirrors appeared to be showing the wrong reflection for the side of the car they were on?
    My guess is that it was 'correct' from where we are viewing but whatever algorithm works out what should be displayed is ignoring the car model.
  • Aids On can fuck up the mp royally too. Having a combination of drivers with ABS braking points on no-abs breaking points leads to some major clusterfucks in the bends.

"Why the hell were you breaking so early?!"

No assists, manual gears and in-car view for me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, aids off and locked to in car for forum fun I think.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Are you all masochists?

I have in car, all HUD off, auto box and TCS and ABS.

Auto braking and driving line can do one, but I don't turn ABS and TCS off because I'm not a mental. Plus hardly any cars in the world allow you to turn ABS off. They only really allow you to turn TCS off for when it's snowing.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Are you all masochists?

I have in car, all HUD off, auto box and TCS and ABS.

Auto braking and driving line can do one, but I don't turn ABS and TCS off because I'm not a mental. Plus hardly any cars in the world allow you to turn ABS off. They only really allow you to turn TCS off for when it's snowing.

I'm with Mod, in car HUD off, auto, TCS and ABS. As if I'm driving my TT. I'll try it any other way but it just seems less fun and more stress!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, it's just to much hard work to be fun with TCS and ABS off. I prefer to up the AI skill and get my XP bonus that way.
  • I find it just nerfs the handling and makes and the cars feel quite samey.

As far as I understand it you aren't stripping anything away from the cars simulated real world handling. Instead you are adding another layer of artificial assist on top to help you. Turning the assists off simply strips these away and leaves you with the car, the track and the driving model.

I don't care too much be fair. Let's decide on a standard so we can stick to that and learn the cars and tracks and have a level playing field online.

I vote for locked in car with ABS on. Damage and full sim turned on. Everything else off.

• Is this for some midweek Forza 4 action? I can do those rules. Definitely up for it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bojangles wrote:
    I vote for locked in car with ABS on. Damage and full sim turned on. Everything else off.
    +1

...for Forza 5 obviously.
  • I won't be joining your forum races Moto as I hate the in car view; far too much clutter on the screen. Bumper cam for me.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Bojangles wrote:
    +1 ...for Forza 5 obviously.

I'd be up for anything but in car , i prefer bonnet cam
  • Fair enough. Simplify.

ABS on.
    All other assists off.
    Sim options all on.

Gears and views whatever tickles your fancy.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bojangles wrote:
    Fair enough. Simplify. ABS on. All other assists off. Sim options all on. Gears and views whatever tickles your fancy.

Yeah, this sounds like a good compromise. Gets my vote.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    FWIW yes, that's the best set up to go for IMO.
  • Bojangles wrote:
    Fair enough. Simplify. ABS on. All other assists off. Sim options all on. Gears and views whatever tickles your fancy.

You can tickle my fancy anytime X
  • When it comes to MP, I usually turn all the aids off except ABS, as some people really can't race without it. I allow Auto gears and I don't lock the camera to any particular view, although I have it on full simulation tyre wear and damage.

Seems to work (or used to Back In The Day).
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Wednesday night for some Forza 4, gents? Anyone? C'mon!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There's a Turn 10 supplied video of Spa on YouTube now

The way the light and shadow plays across the bodywork is INSANE.

I noticed as well the player names above the cars are also reflected. Crazy.
  • Graphically it doesn't look anything near like what I'd consider to be next-gen. 
    In fact it I was shown it unlabelled, I'd be inclined to think that was a current-gen title.

very underwhelming

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I think it looks great, I know people here that have seen it in the flesh said it looked very next gen.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Graphically it doesn't look anything near like what I'd consider to be next-gen.  In fact it I was shown it unlabelled, I'd be inclined to think that was a current-gen title. very underwhelming g.man

its gt5 with less skylines and tracks.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!