Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the deal is regarding screenshots, obviously Forza has always had a camera but will these be a separate entity to the Xbox One's in-built screengrabs/capture?

I'm starting to get pumped for the 22nd.
  • Someone needs to provide me with about £500 right frikkin' now.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Urgh, seriously, i'm trying to think how i'm going to wing the money for a ps4 atm, i need an act of god pronto so i can approach the next gen as even-handedly as possible
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Urgh, seriously, i'm trying to think how i'm going to wing the money for a ps4 atm, i need an act of god pronto so i can approach the next gen as even-handedly as possible
    Are you getting an Xbox One? For some reason I thought you weren't in with either?
  • Nah i'm not against the next gen stuff at all! It's exciting, just not exactly 'intellectually' and i'm aware that as far as I can consider myself informed, these things will be landfill in 3-5 years, but 3 years is not time i wish to waste being a snob! There's gonna be a shitton of brilliant games for these things and that's what it's all about

I'm in for the ps4 most likely, absolutely down to price, ive have no specific alleigance to anything, i am however forever poor. I would absolutely love both though for this game and likely many others, but where the hell I get that kind of money absolutely confounds me.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I am just fortunate enough to find myself in a position where I don't have to make a choice, the PS4 really is frivolous for me as I genuinely have no intention of buying anything for it initially but I know that I will not have to miss out on anything and PS+ does make it an almost worthwhile purchase.

I'm not sure how on earth Sony are going to keep PS+ looking good value during the early days though.

Anyway Forza, it looks good!
  • It does look good, generally track racers bug me cause i find the 'proper' tracks boring to look at and hence boring to play, but that jenson track was the image of what would be boring as hell in forza 4 but looked just brilliant. Super realistic, lovely details, trees looked amazing! And zipping about in that car with the bumper cam moving in such subtle ways reflecting some insane accuracy in the simulation, that would be a buzz. Kind of thing that would make me LIKE this kind of game and i truly do not give a rats about cars whatsoever. GOD, PLEASE HELP.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I thought the Jenson lap was a real video?

Either way I don't think it is Forza 5 footage is it?
  • What? No thats videogame! Why'd they hire a helicopter for a couple of seconds just for a jenson lap irl?

I was freaked out then cause I was thinking I might of been dumb but no, very sure that's the game. Real skies don't look like that through real cameras. Real cameras plain don't look like that

Right?

Otherwise i've gone mad. But assuming it's game footage then you can be more enthused I suppose!
  • I'm going mad *Runs away from thread* I literally cant tell if its a game or not. Why the helicopter!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    What? No thats videogame! Why'd they hire a helicopter for a couple of seconds just for a jenson lap irl? I was freaked out then cause I was thinking I might of been dumb but no, very sure that's the game. Real skies don't look like that through real cameras. Real cameras plain don't look like that Right? Otherwise i've gone mad. But assuming it's game footage then you can be more enthused I suppose!

1:06

Mercedes have money to burn! They must have seeing as the McLaren team have put me up in a $30k per week villa in Monaco and twice flew me (British Airways Business Class) to the United States and put me up in a $600 per night hotel room.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    I'm going mad *Runs away from thread* I literally cant tell if its a game or not. Why the helicopter!

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.
  • Yeah i'm weirded out now hahaha. God. Alright well.. i dunno *stares for a bit* The game looks nice anyways!
  • adored wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:
    I'm going mad *Runs away from thread* I literally cant tell if its a game or not. Why the helicopter!
    I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.

I'm not. Maybe I should take my medication
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It does look like game in all fairness but because I knew they'd ran a McLaren at Bathurst and I'd never watched it full screen (only on my phone or iPad and just at the ssame size as the embed) I think I'd been mislead by the sound. Upon watching it more closely there appears to be a couple of movements from the car that don't look real that seem to clinch it, plus it does look like a game!

I still don't think it is Forza footage though.
  • It's probs not, and I think it was the video compression on youtube that had me convinced the trees were 'gamey'. Didn't look like real trees but they looked like really good game trees. Games generally struggle with things like trees. And the sky reminded me of forza 3 for some reason. I could imagine a videogame basically looking like that. Maybe that's encouraging too
  • Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    “Tyres,” Greenawalt says, with a full stop.
    Erm..that's a comma.
    First thing I thought when reading that sentence.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Oh bugger, I'm going to have to buy a wheel now!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm guessing my 360 wheel won't work. That would be too much to ask wouldn't it.
  • Trying my hardest to not look at anything about this game, really. My love for Forza holds no bounds, and this is making me highly jealous of those able to play it. But it's not enough to say "omg give me xbono now". Horizon 2, though? God, I cannot wait for that.

I'll be glad to pick this up cheap when I eventually get a One.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Trying my hardest to not look at anything about this game, really. My love for Forza holds no bounds, and this is making me highly jealous of those able to play it. But it's not enough to say "omg give me xbono now". Horizon 2, though? God, I cannot wait for that. I'll be glad to pick this up cheap when I eventually get a One.
    I was the same. I have always loved Forza but it began to wain with 4, so much so that I was reluctant to get Horizon but I did and it became my new racer of choice. I'm still unsure how this happened because I love the skill involved in learning every intricate detail of a track, every bump, every off camber, so that I can throw a car around corner after corner with the sole intention of shaving time off my lap. Horizon removed this OCD to the extent that I thought I'd never bother with another Forza'proper again.

Then I saw the footage of in-car through a tunnel, then I heard the glorious reports coming in about how fantastic 5 was and then the final nail in the coffin was the inclusion of open-wheel Indycars and historic F1's.

I'm on 11 waiting for this now, the 22nd cannot come soon enough.
  • I'm guessing my 360 wheel won't work. That would be too much to ask wouldn't it.
    It's not just the fact that they're taking the piss out of wheel owners, but making such an expensive and large peripheral redundant seems incredibly wasteful.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    360's will still be around.

I have tweeted Mad Catz because I want that new wheel. Exciteahypeachoochoo!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't want to play forza 4, I want to play forza 5. My wheel is still excellent. It doesn't need upgrading other than the fact it is being made intentionally obsolete.
  • I seriously doubt you wont be able to use the 360 wheel, it's usb right? Just cannot see it not being supported. I think on that note they'd probs let you use your old live cams and suchlike too. Have you seen anything saying otherwise? Ridiculously scrooge-ish not letting you use your regular stuff given it's a driver write, the hardware interface is the same
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Not as excellent as this!

mad-catz-xbox-one-racing-wheel_zps8639f38f.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    My 360 one is forced feedback to. How much is that new one?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    @gunn, yeah, its USB, but I just can't see them writing/releasing the drivers to support it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've got the 360 one as well and I was one of the few staunch defenders of it, it is a fantastic wheel but shiny new console, shiny new wheel!!!

HYPE!!!

If it is too expensive for me to be able to get it for the 22nd I'll simply cancel my PS4 pre-order to free up the funds.

(I've just had some good news so I can spend some money on myself!)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!