theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    If there isn't a Forza Classics track pack along at some point I'll eat my hat.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    I liked Maple Valley too but when you read why the tracks that aren't in it have been dropped you can forgive them.
    They want to sell it as DLC? :-)
    Rumour has it that this will be the case with the Nürburgring.
  • NO 'RING EITHER?! WHAT THE WHAT.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I am a bit gutted but after reading about how they have remapped the tracks I will be much happier to pay for 'ring that has laser mapped tarmac.
  • One track that has been deemed suitable to include is the dreary Top Gear test track.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The Top Gear track is OK. Well, as long as you're not "racing" a wheezy 1940s VW camper van.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I don't mind the Top Gear track either, it is ideal for getting the feel of a car and setting some benchmarks.

• Dan going (bawls) deep on driveatar, career mode etc.... Sounds like the drivetars may achieve sentience at some point *shivers*.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @Bathhurst video.

I am literally moist! That in-game stuff just looked absolutely fucking phenominal. You can keep your star-mapping, and 'ooh it's getting a bit darker' every single fucking day of the week if it means I can play the game I have just seen.

The next gen is now 10 days away.
  • What are you talking about?! It looks just like GT5!!!!...or does it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    What are you talking about?! It looks just like GT5!!!!...or does it.
    My PS3 must be broke.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    What are you talking about?! It looks just like GT5!!!!...or does it.
    My PS3 must be broke.

So must a lot of people's eyes.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Looks like PGR lol next gen my arse trolololo.
  • I thought it was destruction derby at first then I realised DD was awesome and this looks cel shaded.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I found that the real life footage didn't look as real as the not-real stuff.

I cannot wait for us to be able to upload our own videos properly.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/listen-to-hammond-and-may-in-forza-5-2013-11-12

Not really worth clicking through, but if you're interested.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    The Top Gear track is OK. Well, as long as you're not "racing" a wheezy 1940s VW camper van.
    I assume that's just a spot of GT5 abuse, and Forza didn't have the same shitty idea.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yup.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It was the most moaned about feature of GT5.

After the DS3.

NB: Not the Citroen.
  • Has anyone got a track list for this? I've seen the car list and it's OK. A lot of stuff I like that's missing but at least they don't bulk the numbers with 50 Skylines and 35 RX7s etc. I'm still wondering what both Turn 10 and Polyphony have been doing the past few years. PD made a big deal of modelling the premium cars to a level beyond what PS3 needed so we know they're all ready to be slotted into a PS4 game with little effort, but we only seem to have an extra 200 Premium cars in GT6, with 7 new tracks, and Turn 10 seem to have only managed a couple of new tracks, extra modelling, but on only half the cars, and tidying up the old tracks. They're either going into silly detail and losing sight of what makes a car game (hint: it's the cars and tracks), and focussing on boring photo modes, licensing Top Gear (who most people now find irritating) and making a big deal of constellations (which is just one sky box moved around slightly, lets face it), or they all took 2 years off and decided to have a massive party, forgot to make another game and had to rush it through in the past 6 months.
  • It's all about selling you DLC this time.

trufax

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    In the last two years they're contributed whatever it was they contributed to Forza Horizon, and shipped a launch game on new hardware running at 1080p 60.

If that's slacking ...well.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ali wrote:
    ...tidying up the old tracks.
    Have you seen the level of detail of this 'tidying up'? Bathurst looks stunning, the surface of Sebring (I think it was this track I saw) looks stunning. It's all in the details, details that if they were missing would have been picked up on and moaned about.

Ali wrote:
    ...and making a big deal of constellations.
    Wrong game.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    ...tidying up the old tracks.
    Have you seen the level of detail of this 'tidying up'? Bathurst looks stunning, the surface of Sebring (I think it was this track I saw) looks stunning. It's all in the details, details that if they were missing would have been picked up on and moaned about.
    ...and making a big deal of constellations.
    Wrong game.

Read the post.I'm talking about both. GT6 and Forza 5 both seem rather lazy IMHO. And I really don't see it as looking all that stunning, to be frank. THere i sin creased detail, especially in the crowd numbers, texture detail and tyre barrier modelling, but it's still just a small step up from current gen. And before I get accused of any form of fanboyism, neither does Drive Club, or NFS: Rivals for that matter. Maybe we have to wait for the assets to catch up?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    In the last two years they're contributed whatever it was they contributed to Forza Horizon, and shipped a launch game on new hardware running at 1080p 60. If that's slacking ...well.

IIRC, all they contributed to Horizon were graphical assets and game engine code? The main team that made it was from ex Bizarre, Black Rock, Criterion and Codies devs. They've had 2 years at Turn 10 to work on this, and Polyphony have had three and not even a new platform to get used to. Both are leaving the door open, IMO, for the likes of Project CARS to have a fair crack at the market. Now that has more promise than both the big hitters.

Bathurst on Project CARS:

• Ali wrote:
    In the last two years they're contributed whatever it was they contributed to Forza Horizon, and shipped a launch game on new hardware running at 1080p 60. If that's slacking ...well.
    IIRC, all they contributed to Horizon were graphical assets and game engine code? The main team that made it was from ex Bizarre, Black Rock, Criterion and Codies devs. They've had 2 years at Turn 10 to work on this, and Polyphony have had three and not even a new platform to get used to. Both are leaving the door open, IMO, for the likes of Project CARS to have a fair crack at the market. Now that has more promise than both the big hitters. Bathurst on Project CARS:

Graphically it looks a little sterile but the sense of speed combined with the turn in looks whole lot of fun. Reminds me a bit of the brilliant looking (but pretty unplayable) helmet cam (oh err) in Shift 2
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Well spotted. Same developers, Slightly Mad Studios. The one huge flaw with Shift, the horrid input delay that made it unplayable, was sorted out in their last game, Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends (I think I was the only person that bought it!) and this should be on a whole new level of realism. Coming to both XO and PS4 next year.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    There's one thing steering and cornering quickly but I'll wait to 'feel' it, some of it looked quirky to me but on the whole the more racing choice we have the better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!