The E3 thread - Games Talk
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    I think it's also the case that MS will leave things fuzzy with how certain aspects will work as they don't have a great deal of time, and 'How it does this' aren't things that investors want to hear. Expect announcements and something 'MEGATON', but don't expect concrete details. These will most likely be drip fed between E3 and launch.

Will be the same for Sony unless they really are not doing anything about used games and just say "no DRM, no fee, used games will carry on as they do now".
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    I think it's also the case that MS will leave things fuzzy with how certain aspects will work as they don't have a great deal of time, and 'How it does this' aren't things that investors want to hear. Expect announcements and something 'MEGATON', but don't expect concrete details. These will most likely be drip fed between E3 and launch.
    Will be the same for Sony unless they really are not doing anything about used games and just say "no DRM, no fee, used games will carry on as they do now".

Absolutely. If anything the waters are only going to get muddier.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Absolutely. If anything the waters are only going to get muddier.

Yup. The  best thing I can think is that MS and/or Sony will hold a press conference after their presentations and do a Q&A about all the used games/always online etc etc shit, and actually get their message 100% clear.

I am positive they are spending this time creating their iron tight company viewpoints which everyone will regurgitate when asked.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Last Guardian for PS4 or bust.

Ahahaha. 

And here we were thinking that Duke Nukem Forever would be the last time we'd be able to make jokes about the length of a development cycle.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I am positive they are spending this time creating their iron tight company viewpoints which everyone will regurgitate when asked.

MS Hymn sheet: Don't mention TV!

Sony Hymn sheet: Don't mention DRM!
  • Forgot to mention, I hope we see something of Fallout 4 at E3. 

One of the Mordor crew is working on it but can't tell us anything other than it will be awesome, although it's still using the Gamebryo engine.

EDIT: Wait, it's using the same engine as Skyrim, that was on Gamebryo yes?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:

There's really no point spending hugely expensive time explaining nitty gritty.
  • PLEASE GOD DON'T LET THERE BE USHER
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
      MS Hymn sheet: Don't mention TV! Sony Hymn sheet: Don't mention DRM!

haha, sounds about right.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Forgot to mention, I hope we see something of Fallout 4 at E3.  One of the Mordor crew is working on it but can't tell us anything other than it will be awesome

Awww yeah!!!

Roujin wrote:
    although it's still using the Gamebryo engine. EDIT: Wait, it's using the same engine as Skyrim, that was on Gamebryo yes?

Awwww fuck!!!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Forgot to mention, I hope we see something of Fallout 4 at E3.  One of the Mordor crew is working on it but can't tell us anything other than it will be awesome
    Awww yeah!!!  
    Roujin wrote:
    although it's still using the Gamebryo engine. EDIT: Wait, it's using the same engine as Skyrim, that was on Gamebryo yes?
    Awwww fuck!!!
    Yeah that was a sharp rise in excitement followed by a plummet into despair. New generation, new engine Shirley?
  • Some research indicates Skyrim was not on Gamebryo but on Bethesda's own in house developed Creation engine, which cost so much money to produce they are using it on future projects for the foreseeable. 

PC version has to be the one then, Skyrim with the hi-res packs and graphics mods looked insane.
  • Actually that's a point, hopefully they can just scale up like the PC versions. Still won't stop the crazy bugs I imagine.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Awww yeah!!!  
    Roujin wrote:
    Awwww fuck!!!
    Yeah that was a sharp rise in excitement followed by a plummet into despair. New generation, new engine Shirley?

Well, CoD is going to be on the same engine, they've just made enhancements to it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Kind of a pain in the arse, but I used this converter 9:30 am PDT = 5:30pm BST 1pm PDT = 9pm BST 3pm PDT = 11pm BST 6pm PDT = 2am BST (UK would be on the 11th) 7am PDT = 3pm BST
    I just counted them, and I got the same times, but have put them in an easily cut and pastable format which keeps the originals: E3 IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Microsoft - Monday, June 10th @ 9:30AM PT - 5:30PM UK EA - Monday, June 10th @ 1PM PT - 9PM UK Ubisoft - Monday, June 10th @ 3PM PT - 11PM UK Sony - Monday, June 10th @ 6PM PT - Tuesday, June 11th, 2AM UK Nintendo Direct - Tuesday June 11 @ - 7AM PT 3PM UK

fuck il miss ms conference as il bo on my course. :(
    hopefully i make it back for ea and DICE do indeed show multiplayer.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Kind of a pain in the arse, but I used this converter 9:30 am PDT = 5:30pm BST 1pm PDT = 9pm BST 3pm PDT = 11pm BST 6pm PDT = 2am BST (UK would be on the 11th) 7am PDT = 3pm BST
    I just counted them, and I got the same times, but have put them in an easily cut and pastable format which keeps the originals: E3 IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Microsoft - Monday, June 10th @ 9:30AM PT - 5:30PM UK EA - Monday, June 10th @ 1PM PT - 9PM UK Ubisoft - Monday, June 10th @ 3PM PT - 11PM UK Sony - Monday, June 10th @ 6PM PT - Tuesday, June 11th, 2AM UK Nintendo Direct - Tuesday June 11 @ - 7AM PT 3PM UK
    fuck il miss ms conference as il bo on my course. :( hopefully i make it back for ea and DICE do indeed show multiplayer.
    Luckily you will be able to catch up with it using the websites version of On Demand!
  • Which company will make us cringe the most? i think iwata's increasingly cabin crew like direct performances along with with a raft of new sonic games means it could be ninty's year...again.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • I will update the op tomorrow.

I think ninty will HAVE to bring out the big existing Ip. Also eve. Was the last time in house brought anything new to the table?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'm sure there'll be wii u announcements for zelda and mario even if they are literally just announcements.
  • What I want: -
    MS to dispel a lot of the worst rumours about their box and have a lot of good looking games.

Sony to just have a lot of good looking games. Not their shit old IP for a new gen.

Oculus Rift support on a console.

Bold new directions for existing franchises.

What I expect:
    The opposite.
  • Are Nintendo just not having a conference there, but will be showing games?
  • Ninty aren't doing a conference, they're just doing a separate Nintendo direct programme.
  • I saw something, somewhere that showed nintendo having a fair amount of floor space set aside at e3, I can't bloody find the thing now though!
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Spock wrote:
    I saw something, somewhere that showed nintendo having a fair amount of floor space set aside at e3, I can't bloody find the thing now though!

4822 and 5244 - Nintendo of America Inc.

8893897380_6d70735c03_o.jpg
  • Nintendo really need to give the Wii U a massive boost.

I expect to see more of The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

It'd be nice to see Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Wave Race and new Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Zelda and Metroid too.

Some original IP would be welcome.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I want Dark Souls 2 to not be shit, that and some kind of indication that Persona 5 may be made in the future.
  • I'll be watching/following E3 mainly to see what games Microsoft announce for the XBone. Oh, and hopefully Sony confirm one or other regarding Last Guardian.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Sasukekun wrote:

This is a really easy to read time converter BTW.
  • Day Z and Diablo 3 running on PS4.  That's the only thing that interests me.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Day Z standalone running on PS4.  That's the only thing that interests me.

im with you on that one.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!