The E3 thread - Games Talk
  • YOU GET NOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEEEENGGG.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Imma hold my breath until F zero happens.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I think F Zero is almost unsellable in 2013, but OK.
  • Internet is being installed here tomorrow. Im not sure what I will be able to catch, depends on when they activate my internet. All I want for E3 is Fallout 4 and F zero. Gimme dem F games!

Irony of waiting to get internet installed to be able to watch xbone conference ho! 
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • @Mod
    You are probably right, even if it was sellable Nintendo aren't going to bother, will be lucky if they release anything that isnt another fucking Mario game.

@jrpc
    Haha
  • So a pre-E3 COD trailer has landed on GT.

I know I'm no fan, but wow - that's one boring trailer!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    An underwater version of the prypriat mission. Follow me, shoot that, do this, go there. How exciting.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    CoD has grown so tired now, there is only so many times you can keep pushing out the same campaign.
  • The last CoD I had was 4. I did rent MW2 and just played the SP but it were proper bollox.
  • The last CoD I had was 4. I did rent MW2 and just played the SP but it were proper bollox.

I bought MW2 to see what all the fuss was about.

Genuinely loathed the whole thing. I cannot fathom how they are so popular.
  • I thought the reef looked nice
  • We're at an awkward stage where it's almost impossible for next gen video to look better than the PC footage they've been using in the advertising for the last few years.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I thought the reef looked nice
    Perhaps they are taking the CoD moniker too literally?
  • I_R wrote:
    We're at an awkward stage where it's almost impossible for next gen video to look better than the PC footage they've been using in the advertising for the last few years.

I thought the killzone trailer was pretty impressive.

I'm sure this one will be too - just a really odd section to demo like that.
  • What do we think the graffix/performance gap might be between games released early, to those released late in the life of this upcoming generation? Will the gap be smaller than previous gen's?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    What do we think the graffix/performance gap might be between games released early, to those released late in the life of this upcoming generation? Will the gap be smaller than previous gen's?
    The difference between the poorest games at the start of this gen and the best of the latest games this gen is like they came from different generations, I can't see any reason for this to change with the XB1/PS4.

I like shiny, shiny but I want to see more effort going into the games AI etc.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What do we think the graffix/performance gap might be between games released early, to those released late in the life of this upcoming generation? Will the gap be smaller than previous gen's?

Depends on how long it's with us for, but the law of diminishing returns suggests it will be.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Depends on how long it's with us for, but the law of diminishing returns suggests it will be.

Given the devs won't be able to ignore the massive install bases of the current gen machines, I think we'll have a year or 2 of cross gen games which will keep the bar relatively low. We had a bit of that at the beginning of this gen, but it'll be much more drawn out this time around.

Once we're through that i'm sure the difference will really kick in and there'll be plenty to amaze.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Given the devs won't be able to ignore the massive install bases of the current gen machines, I think we'll have a year or 2 of cross gen games which will keep the bar relatively low. We had a bit of that at the beginning of this gen, but it'll be much more drawn out this time around. Once we're through that i'm sure the difference will really kick in and there'll be plenty to amaze.

the problem is that you advance past what we have now and you have what is standard on pc. i cant imagine a bump in graphics over what we have now much beyond what we already have on pc.
  • But aren't current pc games limited to some extent by what the consoles are doing and by the fact the PC market is massively diverse in capability?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I reckon that is a factor. Devs know they can programme up to a level for consoles and every console will run it fine, for the PC they have to scale it back so even the ultra settings end up not looking as good as they would if it was developed solely for the ultra high end PC. I think.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Given the devs won't be able to ignore the massive install bases of the current gen machines, I think we'll have a year or 2 of cross gen games which will keep the bar relatively low. We had a bit of that at the beginning of this gen, but it'll be much more drawn out this time around. Once we're through that i'm sure the difference will really kick in and there'll be plenty to amaze.

Ah yeah I didn't think about the current gen/next gen crossover. I guess that might mean better graphics and superficial stuff on the new consoles, but advanced AI and physics might have to wait for a bit.
  • On a sort-of related topic, just look at this game - early demo for 3 years back still bloody gorgeous. 

Rumours suggest we may see it tomorrow - but weirdly still for PS3 (sony deny all of it mind). Seems odd to me if true. Can't think of a better game for sony to launch with.

14bj62.gif

ibssGVC9Ze17Dm.gif

Is there a consensus on leaks/spoilers in this thread?  I reckon there'll be loads in the next few hours (already been a few).
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Can't think of a better game for sony to launch with.

Is it 2006 again?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I say spoil away, it's not GoT.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Can't think of a better game for sony to launch with.
    Is it 2006 again?

Problem with this one now is that if it's real then it's going to struggle to live up to expectation.

Plus I can't think of an example of a game stuck in 'development hell' for quite so long coming out the other end in anything like decent shape. Maybe it would be better to leave it alone at this point.

So there's this from the E3 floor!

plantsvzombiesgardenwar_610.jpg

Popcaps apparently FPS/TPS MP PvZ game! 

Mental and most welcome, I say.
  • JRPC wrote:
    I can't think of an example of a game stuck in 'development hell' for quite so long coming out the other end in anything like decent shape.
    Ico was in development for four years and was originally a PS1 title.

believe

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm trying, G.

sniff

Awesome shop from gaf:

JMSqN5D.jpg

Right I'm off to bed. Starting tomorrow I want to see some more hype people!
  • Shadow of the Colossus took as long didn't it?

Also Prey turned out pretty good. Morrowind and Shenmue took 6 years each.

There's always Half Life 2 to point to as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!