The E3 thread - Games Talk
  • I can say that this was excellent in the 90's and remains so today. Well, not today. It remained so in March. I don't think it will have lost much in the intervening time though.

At a guess, you weren't a fan in the first place?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Not in the slightest.

Well, I laughed when he farted. Once.
  • Probably explains why you're not feeling the love for this then.

I don't particularly see a great desire for a remake, but if it means that Squeek's Oddysee actually sees the light of day then I have no problems with that.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Hoping to see Beyond Good and Evil 2 happen was the only reason I bought the HD remake of the first.

If you're buying Oddworld to try and make a new game happen then more power to you. If you're buying it to play you're a mental :smileyface:
  • BGE2 is still allegedly coming. I'm not sure I quite believe it any more. Still, I've been waiting 12 years for Squeek so far, so why not another massive wait for that as well?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    b3orn3D.png
  • Only one first party game in that list and it's on Vita.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Titanfall best of show? Really?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What would you have picked?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Watch Dogs?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    battlefield 4.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I thought Titanfall had the best video, that might not necessarily translate to a great game, but they sold it well.
  • Nothing really took my fancy, but if I had to pick a game of the show based on what I saw it would probably be The Division or something. I guess those guys got to play the games and so Titanfall might have played better than it looked.

I imagine Transistor may have played well if Bastion is anything to go by.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    dont think titanfall or the division were playable at E3 though.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The judges have to be allowed to play it otherwise it isn't eligible.

Respawn were doing 32 player matches live behind closed doors.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Division looked good, but the repeated description of it as an RPG was enough to prevent it being GotS for me.

I hate RPGs.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The Division looked good, but the repeated description of it as an RPG was enough to prevent it being GotS for me. I hate RPGs.

Gawd, you're going to be a grumpy pants during our 24 hour destiny sessions then....

:safetywinkysmiley: x1000

I'm really liking titanfall though. I really hope it's not COD mk2
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    At no point have I heard Bungie describe Destiny as an RPG.
  • I dunno about titanfall. I am convinced they can make a decent shooter, i am just not convinced they will make the type of shooter I am interested in. 
    Cod was frustrating enough for me with death from every direction, now they are adding jumpy death from rooftops to the mix it might be too much. 

I prefer a little focus, a bit of a almost perceptible frontline that allows you to say the bad guys are generally over there and act accordingly or even just stay alive for more than 15 seconds.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I hate RPGs.

What are you talking about, RPGs are great! [/deceit]
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I would happily take Geometry Wars 2 over every RPG ever made.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    At no point have I heard Bungie describe Destiny as an RPG.

You want to be a sci fi wizard with a big explody bullet pistol, come on, admit it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    I dunno about titanfall. I am convinced they can make a decent shooter, i am just not convinced they will make the type of shooter I am interested in.  Cod was frustrating enough for me with death from every direction, now they are adding jumpy death from rooftops to the mix it might be too much.  I prefer a little focus, a bit of a almost perceptible frontline that allows you to say the bad guys are generally over there and act accordingly or even just stay alive for more than 15 seconds.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but the nimble pilots and hulking titans reminded me more of the gameplay in Bad Company 2.

Maybe not in deathmatch, but objective games could be awesome. Here's hoping they make a Rush rip off.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    I dunno about titanfall. I am convinced they can make a decent shooter, i am just not convinced they will make the type of shooter I am interested in.  Cod was frustrating enough for me with death from every direction, now they are adding jumpy death from rooftops to the mix it might be too much.  I prefer a little focus, a bit of a almost perceptible frontline that allows you to say the bad guys are generally over there and act accordingly or even just stay alive for more than 15 seconds.
    Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but the nimble pilots and hulking titans reminded me more of the gameplay in Bad Company 2. Maybe not in deathmatch, but objective games could be awesome. Here's hoping they make a Rush rip off.

BC2 style rush maps would've be excellent for this type of game. Have any of the cods tried to do anything like that type of asymmetrical, objective, evolving map? I haven't played a cod online since Blops (very briefly, just to see if anything had changed).
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • TBH, given the popularity of both CoD and BF, and that BF has made strides to become more like CoD to tempt players over, I think it's fairly likely that Respawn will make some moves to appeal to both CoD and BF players - especially with the effectively "blank slate" opportunity they had to really get down to fundamentals instead of working on iterations of the existing CoD systems.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!