Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Ah, that's less shit. I'll probably have bored of the game by next year though, so doubt I'll be trying it.
  • Current AC:NL thoughts:

I hit 3,000,000 bells savings today, so I'm about half-way to affording the rest of my home improvements.

I don't have enough room to store all the turnips I want to buy, so may repurpose an exhibition space.

Either that, or I'm going to create another character and have them living in a shack, just so I can store them there.

Getting Gracie to approve, so you get the department store, is an annoying bugger of a task.

I really wish I'd come up with the name Bell Rock for my town before I started, rather than now.

You can totally make backups of the game data if you're playing the download version, meaning I should be able to keep this town if I decide to start another.

I've been ignoring Jambette, since a frog wearing lipstick freaks me out and I want her to fuck off, but she refuses to leave.

Gaston is still the man.
  • Has anyone made any cool designs they want to share via the awesome power of QR codes?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I dread to think what my town looks like now. Might spend a few hours on it Sunday.
  • Well, sold my turnips. 220,000 bells became 130,000 bells in a matter of 4 days.

Made 3 trips to the island today, and now have 500,000 bells saved in order to try again this week.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Oh, dude... It's not even Friday yet. I've got 194bpt (fucking wizard) for the next 3 1/2 hours...

WorKid wrote:
    Has anyone made any cool designs they want to share via the awesome power of QR codes?

I'm working on a tiled road/path system, but am not finished yet so they're a bit grey and dull looking.
  • I read that you need to bail out on a decreasing trend by thursday pm if you dont get a price rise, otherwise youre not going to get a small or big spike, and its definitely not a random pattern.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Fair enough, I did similar. It's a pity there aren't more of us doing the 'nips at the moment; we could pretty much guarantee a decent price every week then.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Went back to town tonight and got told off by everyone I met. Well fuck you all!!
  • AJ wrote:
    You can totally make backups of the game data if you're playing the download version, meaning I should be able to keep this town if I decide to start another.
    Whatever you do DON'T DO THIS! You won't be able to go back to the your old town because AC saves to the 3DS' NAND as well as the gamecart. This is to prevent people exploiting/hacking to make duplicate items but it means that if you do a backup and then create a new world the 3DS will detect the saves are different and delete it.
  • So what you're saying is that I need to find a way to wipe the internal memory...
  • I made 2 million bells this morning at 540 bells per turnip/
  • Nice. I forgot to buy any this week. My music collection's going well, though, thanks to street pass people hanging records on their walls.
  • I spent the afternoon diving for eggs.
  • Ahahaha... Just noticed the character in Nintendo's promotional image is almost identical to mine. Same eyes, same hair, same hat, same top... Obviously, I pull it off with far more style and have a much better colour palette (plus acessorise it with some natty red glasses), but still.

N8CqZzL.png
  • I got a badge from Phineas today for spending 500 hours in my village. It was nice of him to point out that this is about 21 days of solid play!
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • That's crazy.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It turns out that today is exactly 600 days since the June 14th 2013 launch date. So I've averaged 50 minutes per day on this. I still check my turnip prices most days and try to stop my favourite villagers from leaving.
  • Should rename the town Hotel California.

• @Mal0wner

Congratulations! That shit should go on your CV, shows dedication.

Have you got the ATM?
  • I'm a long way off the 100,000,000 bells needed for the ATM. I think I only have about 5,000,000 in the bank. It might be time to clear out my storage and gamble big time on the turnips. I shudder to think how many hours I've spent in total on the previous GC and DS versions of this game.
  • Does anybody happen to have access to a harpsichord and/or metronome?
  • I'll have a look in the catalogue.
  • Everyone's going to hate me for not visiting for so long. At least I made not watering the flowers a criminal offence, so the worst I'm going to see is a few weeds or some new twat who's built his house in the middle of a road.
  • The boys can get me both a harpsichord and a metronome. I don't have Internet at home though, so we'll need to coordinate for when I'm somewhere that does.
  • Cool, thanks, AJ. Just let me know when suits you; I can make myself available. Would it be possible to have whatever bushes your town's Leif is selling too? And name your price (although I guess you're not playing anymore).
  • One million bells!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!