Ugly Yet Beautiful
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Stunt Race FX looks horrendous these days and dodge at the time (but given credit for 3D-ness, obv). But was fun to play.

Thread win/
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Stunt Race always seemed a great game trapped behind a completely obnoxious framelimit.
  • Race or Racer? I only experienced the latter. It was cool.
  • Race on the SNES. It was a good racer. It seems I had a soft spot for the Super FX chip as used in Starfox, Stunt Race FX, Vortex etc. but not others. It was obviously put to great and different use in Yoshi's Island.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Herzog Zwei on megadrive was AMAZING, especially 2 player split screen where you were a transformer plane man, and you woud create small armies to kill eachothers bases... That honestly did look crap, but one of the best games of my childhood:

herzog2.gif
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Stunt Race always seemed a great game trapped behind a completely obnoxious framelimit.

Indeed. Had the Waverace/1080/Excitebike team got the update duties they'd have made a job of it on the N64.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sujin Taisen. Like Mitchell's own Polarium one look at the game hardly inspires any confidence, but it's one of the smarter turn based puzzlers I've played in recent times.

It's a huge shame that Nintendo WFC got turned off after the GameSpy thing, as the online multiplayer for this was terrific.

R.I.P Mitchell.
    Yossarian wrote:
    I thought Goldeneye looked great at the time!

It looked rubbish and played rubbish too. Sorry to everyone who somehow put in the, presumed, many, many hours required to learn how to control an FPS using a single analogue stick, but it was a terrible idea which should probably never have been released into the world.

The core gameplay has certainly aged, but the level design certainly hasn't. It's even fresher now given FPSes stopped following the GoldenEye formula after Halo and (later still) Call of Duty 4.

There was a great piece about how Bunker 2 is one of the best levels ever designed in the GameCentral inbox, I'll try and fish it out later and post it here. It makes a really great point.

Edit: here it is:

BvBv-wzIcAAf0MX.png:large

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!