The Evil Within
  • Gonna complete this tonight,on chaper 14 so it long left. Really didn't enjoy the
    Spoiler:
    , went on far too long and had no pace.

Looking forward to NG+.
  • All done, I echo what Curtis said. Brilliant but as usual bat shit mental game that could of done with 6-7 hours cut off. No idea what really happened, there's tons of story left untold which is a shame. NG+ already started.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You're supposed to fill in the blanks with the collectible newspapers and missing person photos, but almost all of the exposition happens during Chapter 9 & 10.

This is all I took from it after two playthroughs: 
    Spoiler:

Its a hokum plot at best, but it kinda makes sense. A bit. lol!
  • Curtis wrote:
    You're supposed to fill in the blanks with the collectible newspapers and missing person photos, but almost all of the exposition happens during Chapter 9 & 10.

This is all I took from it after two playthroughs: 
    Spoiler:

Its a hokum plot at best, but it kinda makes sense. A bit. lol!

I got all that but what the hell
    Spoiler:
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Spoiler:

Meh, never mind. Its barely worth discussing. lol! Lets change the subject: Great shotgun head-shots. BOOM!

Oh, and supposedly one of the three DLC chapters lets you play as The Keeper. eyebrows.gif
  • So chapter three ended up being horrendously tense in the final battle. I unleashed the boss too early and was not prepared to take him on. Some frantic running, hiding and resource gathering swiftly followed. Thankfully it was topped off with a final, low health, final bullet boss killing moment of brilliance.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    That's NG+ completed. I think I skipped the stat screen at the end by accident. huh.png

Anyway, my summary was:

9 hours playtime (but I spent a lot of time getting all the hidden statues). The 5 hour completion trophy is easily do-able.
    Opened all the lockers.
    Maxed out all my stats and weapons (with loads of green to spare).
    Total deaths = 5 (3 by insta-death spikes, 1 because I was daydreaming on the world's simplest puzzle lol, and 1 failed section of the final boss).

That's me done for a while. Plenty of games on the horizon, so I'm gonna save the Nightmare run and the other bits for a rainy day. Not sure when the DLC is due but I bought the Season Pass already, so looking forward to that.

Anyone thinking they're done after one run, its worth noting that NG+ has chapter select, so you can just replay your favourite bits and exact some powered up revenge, rather than plough through the whole thing from start to finish.

I stick to my verdict of its a great game, but its a little bloated. Definitely worth your time if you like the genre.
  • Where do you get the keys for the lockers from? I've only got one so far and am on chapter 6.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    Where do you get the keys for the lockers from? I've only got one so far and am on chapter 6.

The White/cream statues that you see in random places hold them. Just shoot/melee them for the key.
  • Is there any order/best way to use the keys when you have got them?!

I have used the few I have had so far on just random lockers.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm sure time will tell whether the locker contents are randomly generated or the same for everyone. They basically contain ammo, bolts and varying sizes of green gel. I just opened them in straight rows left to right. Cause, OCD an' that. lol!
  • Ahh fuck wondered what they were. Don't remember seeing anything in the game to tell you that was the case.

• Watching a gameplay walkthrough on YouTube bs and it looks a lot better than I though.

Loved Res Evil 4. 5 was a bit of a nothing game and 6 was utterly terrible. What is my chances with this?
    Wondering if I'll get more enjoyment out of just watching it on YT

equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    How do you stomp? I did it once but it wasn't intentional and I can't seem to do it again.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Melee attack (Y on 360) next to a downed enemy.

Just started chapter 4 and the end of chapter 3 felt like the game hitting its stride. Like a sneaky version of RE4's first village arena.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So far it's that village, yeah. Which is no bad thing. And that y thing seems very hit and miss.
  • I fucking love it when the opening level is full of instant death!
    The Forum Herald™
  • The boss battles are total shite!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finished this the other day. It goes completely batshit mental by the end. I very much enjoyed it in a b-movie kind of way.
  • It's too hard for me even on easy!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It has a few nasty spikes alright, literally in some cases.
  • That seems to be a pointed accusation..

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ooh, cutting
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Rubbish opinions. You don't have a brain to stand on.
  • Wow that was no holds barbed.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    One might say that Kow has a spike in his rectum.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I've done the first two chapters. Feels like a shitter Resi 4 at the moment.

The introductory section was awesome... since then, not so much.
  • I made good inroads into this, chapter 10. I went back to it yesterday after a lengthy absence but one section kept ladling on the instadeaths and I had to rage quit. I think it was because I've just finished ResiRev2 and that was a more pleasurable and smoother experience.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I got stuck on a very stupid boss battle with a checkpoint just before almost certain death. Combined with gas/steam and I'd wanked most of my harpoons away meant even a youtube walkthrough didn't help!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I enjoyed it mostly enough. A few FUCK YOU moments.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!