Revengeance is nigh!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    What we talking, xbox? Or both?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Xbox, though I could turn on my PS3 to find out I'd imagine its both. Surely the Internet will answer our question...

http://m.computerandvideogames.com/386501/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-demo-to-hit-xbox-and-ps3-next-week/

Yep both!!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Both. GET. IN.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    STRAIGHT HOME

DOWNLOAD

FAP
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Me too, I'm packing up my shit from work now and I am praying there is no head wind on the cycle home.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Ah, yeah, was going to post this as I thought it was out tomorrow.
    Queue it up!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    QUEUED Dubs I love u
  • Really not sure about this after playing through a couple of times.Its very Platinum but the nature of the combat doesn't really do it for me. I'm more a shooter than a swordsman so it leaves me a little empty. But I'd imagine for those that enjoy such combat they'll love it.
  • Damn it I wish they'd hurry up and confirm the PC version already.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Quite seriously Sony have picked a bad time to put the store in maintenance for me.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is it not done tomorrow? PSN updates around 7pm Wednesdays.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    No idea, I lost track of Sony's 'routine' about a year ago. It seems like a smegging joke though now.
  • Hmm, that was short. Yeah, I didn't need to play this to know it's a day one, but it didn't dissuade me that's for sure. I died 4 times. Seems like it's gonna take a lot of getting used to, but that's what Platinum are all about. As for a PC version, I wouldn't count on it. They've said they want to start making PC games but they haven't done one yet.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Kamiya's twitter is a daily lol. I had to add him to the twitter EDGERS list.
  • rickjoyce wrote:
    Hmm, that was short. Yeah, I didn't need to play this to know it's a day one, but it didn't dissuade me that's for sure. I died 4 times. Seems like it's gonna take a lot of getting used to, but that's what Platinum are all about. As for a PC version, I wouldn't count on it. They've said they want to start making PC games but they haven't done one yet.

Yeah. Combat is weird, would like a move list to see exactly how some of it works. But oh shit, no fucking blocking! That is a new sensation. Died four times on that dog, twice on the Geckos before it. Gonna give it another go, because parrying makes you feel like a total boss.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Is it 'pyar parry' then?
    PSN back up but not with this, guess nowt till tomoz.
  • Yes, you can only parry. Sometimes you need to parry multiple attacks. Enemies do not give a shit if you are not looking at them, so parrying is 360 too, if you press the stick in the right direction. Oh, you can also cut people into 100 pieces.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    More I hear the more I cum. I've avoided much of the media around this. Time to unplug my PS3 and plug in the BBC's PS3 for some other P* adventure.
  • I predict it will be DIFFICULT.
  • No block is a strange one. Against the dog it seems more luck than anything missing some of its attacks.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I predict it will be DIFFICULT.

I wouldn't play a P* game that doesn't result in self-doubt.

Love feeling boss like.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    No block is a strange one. Against the dog it seems more luck than anything missing some of its attacks.

It's all timing, but the timing is quite strict. I managed to block it's pounce & pin, it's chainsaw whip combo, the dash, and get up spike that it chucks at you as it goes out of vulnerable mode in one fraught exchange. Crazy times. 

beano wrote:
    I wouldn't play a P* game that doesn't result in self-doubt. Love feeling boss like.

From the tiny bit I've played, I think it is harder than Bayonetta or Vanquish. Both of those gave you the slow time mechanic and a judicious dodge with which to avoid enemies whereas this appears to keep you in the combat, the only dodge being a kind of leapfrog maneuver that needs a normal sized enemy to be near.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ON IN 20
  • Tempy wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    No block is a strange one. Against the dog it seems more luck than anything missing some of its attacks.
    It's all timing, but the timing is quite strict. I managed to block it's pounce & pin, it's chainsaw whip combo, the dash, and get up spike that it chucks at you as it goes out of vulnerable mode in one fraught exchange. Crazy times. 
    beano wrote:
    I wouldn't play a P* game that doesn't result in self-doubt. Love feeling boss like.
      From the tiny bit I've played, I think it is harder than Bayonetta or Vanquish. Both of those gave you the slow time mechanic and a judicious dodge with which to avoid enemies whereas this appears to keep you in the combat, the only dodge being a kind of leapfrog maneuver that needs a normal sized enemy to be near.
    Maybe the dodge will be an unlockable. I kind of hope there is one, I'm not much of a parry type, never did it in Dark Souls either. It's a lot easier in this than most games though.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • I get the feeling it'll end up being a bit rhythmic, especially against bosses and tougher enemies. You can always hold LT and ninja run away though, wooosh!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    How's the soundtrack in the demo?

Vanquish was surprisingly forgettable in that area so i'm hoping a return to Bayonetta level tunes.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    rickjoyce wrote:
    Maybe the dodge will be an unlockable. I kind of hope there is one, I'm not much of a parry type, never did it in Dark Souls either. It's a lot easier in this than most games though.

I'm kind of hoping it isn't more than I am it is. Having not had a go, I might swing though.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    How's the soundtrack in the demo? Vanquish was surprisingly forgettable in that area so i'm hoping a return to Bayonetta level tunes.

Nothing of note except for silly jrock during the boss fight. Tonally out the window. Too busy chopping things up.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ICH LIEBE KAPITALISMUS

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!