FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    360 I'm afraid.
  • Ill give you the same offer then.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just read through the thread. Is the latency really bad?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Just read through the thread. Is the latency really bad?

Yes.

It's fucking unplayable sometimes.

I've been playing it on PC hoping that the latency (sound and visual) is sorted but it's still really annoying.

Especially for a beginner because I just cant separate the sound from my hand movements yet.
  • RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    That must be a pc issue, I've never had any latency issues on ps3 and I know there are latency settings in the options.
  • I haven't had any latency problems at all. I am playing it on an old TV and connecting my xbox direct to my stereo so no HDMI connection issues. Can you borrow it from your mate to try it?
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • That must be a pc issue, I've never had any latency issues on ps3 and I know there are latency settings in the options.

I have it on both PC and XBOX. Both have massive issues. 

You honestly see no issue at all with sound latency?

You can strum the guitar and you hear it immediately without any delay?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh might do. I've got a component HD cable, is it a case of using that instead of hdmi?
  • No latency issues here, here being 360 + VGA cable with RCAs for the sound.
  • Component is supposed to be better than HDMI for reducing the lag. I think it all depends on what processing of the sound your TV does.

Definitely worth a go for £20. It seems ideal for anyone with a bit of previous guitar experience wanting to get back into it (was certainly my situation). I could imagine it being a bit overwhelming for a complete beginner.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh think ill have a pop and grab it this weekend. Cheers all.
  • Woot. Hopefully I can tackle The Final Countdown at last.
  • Been playing a lot of this over the last few days. Some thoughts:

Tech is super cool. They handle the fret board in about as good as way as you could. Still confusing at times but you get it.

The adaptable difficulty is awesome. They seem have to figured out a way to decipher whether you just need a few more turns to get it right or you're way out of your depth and need to be pulled back, which it does on the fly.

The game is badly made. The most boggling thing about this game is the framerate (PS3). Game plays fine when you're rehearsing but throw you in front of a crowd (freaky ass crowd) and the game shudders and grinds along, especially on the busier bits. Let me turn the crowd off, please.....they see my soul.

Track list is really weird. Some bizarre choices and songs with long breaks of nothing.

They don't handle tuning well. Tuning on the fly is a issue as my (budget Pacifica) guitar tends to go out slightly and notes don't register. They should at least teach you to go below and up which is isn't mentioned.

Bass isn't a token nod and there are some cool songs put in there. Haven't gotten to Higher Ground yet but that'll take some interesting notation.

Same lower difficulty problem as GH or Rock Band. The notes they leave out actually make some of the songs more difficult as you try to figure out what notes of the riff they want you to hit rather than just play the damn song.

Overall: seems like a legit way to learn. Technically pretty shoddy but if you have an electric guitar sitting in the attic that you know the Enter Sandman riff on but fuck all else then this is perfect.

PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • I hadn't really thought about buying this until I noticed the 2014 edition in one of today's Black Friday deals, and all of a sudden I've got both versions and the USB thing on the way (£50 for the lot, PS3).  I probably should have read this thread first becuase I've noticed some latency complaints, and I'll be playing through the TV via HDMI, but it's done now so I'll have to hope for the best. 

My mate won this amp from Kerrang earlier this year, which he's lent me until September-ish next year, and I've been noodling around with this, which is still the most expensive thing I've ever purchased (they sound great together, even when I'm playing).  I'm hoping to use Rocksmith as an alternative to sitting around playing stuff I learned years ago over and over again, and the idea is that it'll edge me closer to obsession so I can really get the ball rolling again.
  • I got it as well and it's a definite move forwards with a lot better note detection (though not perfect) and a lot less latency (I have the PS3 outputting sound through HDMI and composite….the latter into my stereo just for this. 

I agree, the song choice is weird, but I just stick to the rock and classic pop section and avoid the indy and hipster rubbish like the plague! As a means to learning a few new songs, it's great, but I'm not bothered about the gaming side of it. Two issues I do have with it is the way notes are presented. It just isn't obvious where on the fretboard a note is sometimes. Why the motes can't present like tab and have the fret number in the rectangular box is beyond me. It might look messier to the layman but to most guitarists it would be far more obvious. The whole glowing line aesthetic also adds to that confusion.

I also don't see why you need to detune your guitar for certain songs. The console is acting like a DSP anyway so it should be able to output a detuned note anyway. Having a flaring bridge, any retuning is a pain in the but and I'd rather not do it, yet I'm missing out on a few songs as a result.
  • Ali wrote:
    Why the motes can't present like tab and have the fret number in the rectangular box is beyond me. It might look messier to the layman but to most guitarists it would be far more obvious. The whole glowing line aesthetic also adds to that confusion.

I didn't know this, that's a shame.  I watched a couple of vids on the first page, but just assumed you could choose to display it as standard left-to-right tab if you so wished.  I'm looking forward to it though, and I'm itching to test my skills with Wires by Red Fang, but on closer inspection the tracklist is a bit tame.  Hopefully there's plenty to download.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!