theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    So, like a div I bought a key to open a crate I'd had drop. Got a shit gun no one likes using. Thankfully I managed to (after fees) sell it for the exact same price the key cost me so I'm net zero on the adventure.

I then discovered you can buy keys on the market place for 70p less than Valve charge for new ones. Fuck knows how that works.

Oh, and get this, not only are there a mountain of gun designs, each design comes in 5 or so different "conditions", worn, factory new, etc. Wear conditions. On virtual goods. The mind boggles.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Wear conditions. On virtual goods. The mind boggles.

Jesus titty fucking Christ. Do the guns "degrade" with time or is it just a de/buff it comes with? Either way that's freaking ridiculous.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Sorry, I might have been spectacularly misleading there, it's only cosmetic wear.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    No problem, just looking for clarification. I assumed it was cosmetic. Still, pretty shocking. And you know people will go mad for it, which is the crazy thing.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    bWMVpfC.jpg

yeeeah.

Semi related, the latest update gives you a little badge if you've been playing for five or more years. There's a lot of people been playing for 5 or more years. Going up against a team with 40+ years combined experience is a bit intimidating.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    hQDzb5x.jpg

U MAD BRO?

Gosh I've picked up some terrible lingo playing this.

In other nickel and dime news, the latest update has added the ability to name your gun. For a mere £1.49 each weapon.
  • gg wp. I've never witnessed quite as much casual racism as when I played CS.

@Mod

If you haven't seen it, search youtube for 'Counter-Strike HeatoN vs 4K' for the greatest round of all time, I think you'll be able to appreciate it now. My favourite gaming moment ever.
  • You can check 'elemeNt smoke trick' while you're there for another classic.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    They were cool.

Get CS:GO, you know you want to. Three1ne is a very good player, 2 more and we can start entering tournaments.
  • You're playing on PC aren't you? I only have a laptop than can barely run Football Manager now, otherwise I would.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I reckon with the settings dialled down it'd run. Source is pretty good about that stuff.
  • I've made £2.24 out of these stupid gift drops. Woo. WOO!
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I reckon with the settings dialled down it'd run. Source is pretty good about that stuff.

I wouldn't be able to play it on my shit laptop after playing at a high level for years, I'd be constantly angry.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I used to play CS 0.8 to 1.6. Played that thing all the time, then moved on to CS Source for a while. I tried to go back to it a few years ago and couldn't stand it. I don't know if console FPSs have ruined my appreciation on PC ones.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    I wouldn't be able to play it on my shit laptop after playing at a high level for years, I'd be constantly angry.

Try downloading TF2, it's free and it's broadly the same engine, if you can get that running nice you stand a chance with CS:GO.
  • CS:GO runs a hell of a lot better on my laptop than most similar-type games.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I used to play CS 0.8 to 1.6. Played that thing all the time, then moved on to CS Source for a while. I tried to go back to it a few years ago and couldn't stand it. I don't know if console FPSs have ruined my appreciation on PC ones.

Sound like me. I'm quite gutted my 5yr badge isn't there. Not sure if I had a different login for source but I've got a 5yr badge for steam so what gives? Not got my hl2 disc anymore. Fuck that shit. Anyway, I've lost my MKB skills thats certain.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Anyone who has suffered Duct camping on Assault should enjoy this

2pF5hhq.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is assault the warehouse one? always used to get campers up there. Usually ended up like shooting fish in a barrel though considering you could blast through that sheet metal with any rifle.
  • Everything but de_ disappeared anyway.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Dan, buy a flipping PC come have some funzies.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It's dead easy! Go to the Capital One website, click Apply, job done!

But seriously, a rig capable of running CS:GO to a very acceptable standard can't cost that much. I'm lonely :(
  • I have a decent credit card already, I suppose I could look into in. My laptop seems to be on the way out anyway.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Oooh, you don't want to risk a laptop that is on the way out. Best get that sorted asap.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    :)
  • Mod you and I don't always see eye to eye about FPS games but you're proving to have very good taste (and more patience than me) with your perseverance with PC CS. If I remember correctly you're playing with a pad, which is craziness, but if you can cope with having a massive handicap fair play.
    GT: Knight640
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Some days it's infuriating to turn a corner and be instaheadshotted by some guy who -when you watch his spectator cam- is flinging the look round and pointing cross hairs with pixel perfect accuracy.

But most of the time it's about not being a dick and running round like it's CoD. Knowing the tricks people play with rushes and where they're likely to be camping. You'd be amazed how many people don't seem to play with the audio on and clomp round like massive oafs telling me exactly where they are.

Ironically, because my muscle memory says to shoot it's LEFT TRIGGER then RIGHT TRIGGER to aim down sights, even though there is no aim, by default pulling left trigger activates crouch, which a lot of people don't do. So when people fire at me unless they get a headshot off with the first bullet they often miss. It's more or less the equivalent of bunny hopping except instead of hitting centre mass instead they just shoot the wall above my head. Then curse me on chat.

I know it's not supposed to use any auto aim at all, but I'd swear blind it employees a little tiny bit of it.

All in all I bloody love it. Threeine's tip to "play every day" might be the best advice I've ever had.
  • You should've played it back in the day when it was thriving, you'd have loved it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!