theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I think the main problem is when you start shooting someone in the back with an AK and they spin round, take 100% of your health and walk away with only 50% of theirs missing. Oh, and then start teabagging you.

Fucking Valve fucking Netcode. Way too frustrating to be fun when that's going on.
  • I haven't had a lot of hit detection issues but there is a definate latency/host issue. There's been a lot of times when I've died where I had got out of the line of fire on my screen or where it doesn't look like the enemy is looking in my direction only for them to start shooting at me...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    Thats not an issue as you can walk by using slight movements on the stick and generally aiming is the most awkward in close quarters when you really don't want to be walking anyway.

Disagree. When you don't have a walk key assigned, your reticule (i.e., your accuracy) goes bat shit when you move, even slowly. If you're walking, you can keep much finer control over where your shots go. I find when the shit hits the fan and you walk around a corner straight into a guy from the other team, it's usually the guy that keeps his head straight and takes his time to aim properly that comes away alive. Walking keeps you mobile enough to be hard to aim at, but doesn't dick with your aim as much as running does.

Horses for courses, I suppose.

Haven't had much lag on my end with this. I have had a few games where I swear I'm firing blanks, but so far I've ascribed that to my limited skill. If I actually get good at this and still find that people are shrugging off headshots, I'll start complaining about the net code.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I put walk as clicking the left stick. Helps a lot. I'm still crap though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, that's what I did. I also swapped LB and A, so I don't have to move my thumb to jump.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Just had a thought. Seeing as this is on PSN as well as XBLA/Steam, does this mean it's playable on a Vita?
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Just had a thought. Seeing as this is on PSN as well as XBLA/Steam, does this mean it's playable on a Vita?

No
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Aww.
  • I got suckered by the demo. I played the hour against bots then pressed the UNLOCK FULL GAME button knowing full well I will hardly play it online or the community will die.
    But I suppose it is one if those games you must own or have the gamer badge ripped from your blazer in a official ceremony before you are sent out into the cursed earth.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The PC community isn't going anywhere, the PS3 and 360 communities are doomed. Utterly doomed.
    GT: Knight640
  • Yeah it won't last past the next CoD but I think it will have a decent number of players up until then.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I tried again and it still sucks balls. Pumping bullets into people till the clip empties and they still kill you and have near 100% health.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Knight wrote:
    The PC community isn't going anywhere, the PS3 and 360 communities are doomed. Utterly doomed.

Cheer up, emo kid.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    2rggu2a.jpg
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I tried again and it still sucks balls. Pumping bullets into people till the clip empties and they still kill you and have near 100% health.
    .        Yeah unless you've got lag issues in every game you're shooting wrong. Little tip, shooting when you're moving is a bad idea. You're playing a game with no auto aim and unforgiving recoil, killing people is hard. Nexx i haven't seen you on this yet, if I buy it you'll be playing right?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'm not getting lag in every game, which is why I know which ones I am getting it in.

It's not even lag per-se, but the game favouring hosts massively.

FTR, I don't use auto aim even if the game has it, that includes bossing the fuck out of M&K players whilst I use a pad in BF3.
  • Knight wrote:
    Nexx i haven't seen you on this yet, if I buy it you'll be playing right?

Yeah I'll be playing, just let me know whenever you're on.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I'm not getting lag in every game, which is why I know which ones I am getting it in. It's not even lag per-se, but the game favouring hosts massively. FTR, I don't use auto aim even if the game has it, that includes bossing the fuck out of M&K players whilst I use a pad in BF3.

Mod you don't have a choice most of the time. It's ridiculously rare for a console fps not to include aim assist.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    True that. One of the skulls in Halo CEA turns aim assist off completely. It's only when it's really gone do you notice how much it's there.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I wouldn't know how rare it is. The only thing I've played online for the last four years is Battlefield with it

temporary-28.jpg
    switched

temporary-29.jpg
    off.
  • Maybe if you had spent some time playing a proper FPS like Halo you wouldn't suck so much at Counter Strike.

I had some epic death cam lols moments with Knight earlier.  Being the last one alive and knowing everyone is watching you is a lot like when you need to walk past someone hot and completely over think how to walk.  No?  Just me?...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Trying to work out if that was a joke or not but I was doing fine in the games where it worked like it should. You were there! (before it all turned to shit)

Maybe if you played games with servers instead of player hosts you'd be able to tell see the difference between the two :bobs tongue:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You really do get uppity when it comes to console v PC, Nexx.

Who really gives a shit?
  • This isn't a pc vs console thing. This is a mod's rubbish thing ;) Anyway being the last one alive is utterly brilliant. in fact the game is great full stop, haven't had non eu host yet which I imagine helps.
  • You really do get uppity when it comes to console v PC, Nexx. Who really gives a shit?

I call Mod shit, he rips into Halo and then we play PC and console games together and have fun times.  Its just banter, relax.
  • Aztec is such an AWPer level.
  • Aztec is probably my least favourite of the bomb maps but this could just be because its the one that I've played the least.

Inferno and Dust (1) are the most interesting maps to play IMO.
  • Dust 2 is amazing. Is Inferno the one in the town or the one with the trains?
  • Inferno is the one in the town. The one with the trains is called Train, which is also a decent map.

To be fair all of the maps are quite good. In a backwards kind of way they remind me of the CoD4 maps before they turned them into big clusterfucks in subsequent CoDs.

• All about Italy for me.
    And the classic standoffs in Office.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!