Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I definitely enjoyed U2 more than TLoU. Happily replayed the former, no desire to replay the latter, even up-res.

Uh-huh, thankyouverymuch.

I understand why people don't care for Uncharted 2, though. I enjoyed the SP so much more when speedrunning my favourite sections after honing me skills in MP. "Siege" and "Cat and Mouse" in particular are best treated as shooting galleries, with no mind paid to their mechanical transparency.

For relaxed sightseeing, I'd recommend Tomb Raider: Underworld.
  • Ps3-quick matchmaking levels tonight. Couple of great, close supply raid games were had. 

This is the most fun I've had on ps4 by a country mile.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    For most of the first year that I owned a PS2, all I really played on it was Gran Turismo 2.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I've always said Uncharted is rubbish. You people just don't listen.

I do, I've said it too. Absolute crap.

I look forward to playing this whenever I get a ps4 in the distant future. It was the only game that made me regret selling my ps3.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Awesome 'orses.
  • I plan to spend a good portion of my Fri night on the MP side of this if anyone is around?

R
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Played it for the first time last week and it's great. Definitely up for some more tonight. Need a fully mic'd team to dominate though.

I've bought another headset (the Vita one, no less) cause the one that came with the PS4 is piss poor quality, and far too uncomfortable in ya lug-hole.
  • Nearly got to week 12 now. Never managed that on PS3. The gifting/crafting or marking tasks are definitely the easiest, especially when the 100% population risk comes up. Had a great game last night, ending up as last survivor in my team of, apparently, Call Of Duty players! Managed to get rid of 5 of the other team with some carefully laid bombs, smoke and molotovs. Felt like an action movie hero before the last 2 got me in a well executed pincer and molotov carpet bomb!
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Finished.  And about time to. If another fucking cutscene man attacked me as I walked through a door I would scream! Or if I walked into another space with obviously placed boxes 'scattered' about.  I'm over reacting but it did get incredibly predictable gameplay wise: Aha, here's a room where I'm going to fight 4-6 guys, it'll probably trigger them and send them through the far doors there when I move up to this 'randomly' placed barrier... Bingo there we go.  All games do it but I suspect it was disappointing to me because the rest of the game was so good and it felt somehow beneath this game to show a lack of imagination and repetition in that respect.  So now to be positive, this is by far the only game where I have enjoyed the story, the characters and the acting so much. In those respects it's been a brilliant experience. The gameplay, I'm sorry, not so much.

Yep. Mirrors my experience with it too.

Its not a fault unique to TLOU though - 99% of action games are all the same now. World design is so obviously built around encounter design and you know what to expect just upon entering a room.

Its the same with cut scenes changing the rules of the game. Ever since MGS2 stopped you fighting all the Ray units, it has become the norm. Clear an area of enemies, walk over the invisible cut-scene triggering line and then extra enemies appear which would not even exist or would have already been accounted for when you first cleared the area.

TLOU gets away with most of these lazy design decisions though because it is very highly polished and the story isnt embarrassingly bad like most games.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/21/the-last-of-us-remastered-receives-free-multiplayer-maps

No date given but there's 2 new maps for Factions on the way and both will be free for ps3 & 4.
  • Anyone opt for a digital copy?

Anything missing from the boxed version?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I did. Haven't heard of any extras in the physical version.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Anyone opt for a digital copy?

Anything missing from the boxed version?

I got it, nothing missing dude
  • OK great I'll do that.

There's a 'day 1 ' edition on Amazon but I think it's additional skins basically.

Can't wait for delivery.
  • JRPC wrote:
    OK great I'll do that. There's a 'day 1 ' edition on Amazon but I think it's additional skins basically. Can't wait for delivery.

Go via the Yank store , its £32 ish
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    OK great I'll do that. There's a 'day 1 ' edition on Amazon but I think it's additional skins basically. Can't wait for delivery.
    Go via the Yank store , its £32 ish

He's right, that's the way I did it.
  • Started it this morning. Expectations are through the roof but so far so good. 

Opening was ace. Really like the tone and feel of the combat. 

Spoiler:
    Need to get it done by Destiny.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    So much awesome ahead of you.  Savour it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Hugely enjoying the campaign - doing about an hour or so each night. 

Dipped my toe into the MP last night and it seems pretty decent. Do find the fiction of it all a bit confusing though. There's lots of talk of clans and adding people to your group. It also keeps telling me my Facebook friends are lighting bonfires and such. 

Do I need to worry about any of this?
  • Depends, if you care about trophies then yes. You also unlock gestures and cosmetic gear (masks, helmets etc) as your clan reaches certain numerical milestones, plus there's leaderboards to compare with friends clan sizes etc.

Some people seem to really get into completing the challenges and growing their clans. It adds a broader context to the isolated skirmishes I suppose and acts as a motivator to go through the (12week) cycle again, and try to do better than last time. 

Personally, I did all that on the Ps3 version (even unlocked the crystal skull mask, but then found that I didn't like it much), so I'm not bothered doing it again.
  • Lighting and time of day gives the new maps a lovely serene quality..

.... till the murdering starts at least:

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Use of Alcohol

Beach looks all right, but the other one's almost a reskinned Checkpoint (a horrible map that's ruled by lag).
  • Use of Green tea.

They both look far more impressive in the flesh rather than in a compressed youtube vid. 

Layout is only superficially similar to Checkpoint (never exp any more lag there than on any of the other maps ). It's basically a modified composite of 2 areas (or maybe they just knocked down a wall between 'em) from the SP, and is a far larger and more complicated space.
  • Finished it. Brilliant game, loved every minute of it.  

I'd got it into my head that the ending was decisive somehow, but no real surprises with it. 

Anyway, going to crack on with Left Behind tonight and then redo the whole thing on that new brutal mode.

Will be up for some MP if anyone's about tonight.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    On PS4? I'd be up for it, I got that fancy official headset yesterday and I'll like to give it a go with chat.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    On PS4? I'd be up for it, I got that fancy official headset yesterday and I'll like to give it a go with chat.

Yeah, PS4. Ace, I'll be on about 9 hopefully. 

Barely played it so please forgive my shitness. 

I'm after that headset too. What's it like?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    never exp any more lag there than on any of the other maps

No, I just meant that when it does lag, Checkpoint in particular really suffers. Checkpoint and University.

As a teambased game, I understand why it has linear maps, but even when I'm in teams I tend to prefer keeping away; filling gaps. If you have a good aim, you can defend your teammates almost as well from afar, at the same time as expanding your collective awareness. But that falls apart under lag, where individuals are often nixed by headlessly-charging groups.

I could work with lag much better in Uncharted 2, because I learnt the maps (some are quite large and open), their rhythms, and I had a feel for spawn times. In The Last of Us, people just teleport through Checkpoint/Uni's windows, or snipe me unseen. The two balconies on Checkpoint are usually unviable for me; too many ghost killers.

We're paying for PSN this gen - let's have servers.
  • Couple of great games on the new maps tonight. Weirdly I'm still only on week two; definitely need to make more time for this uncensored brutality. 

Note to self: arrange a Factions focused duvet day soon.

Note to Future: Go Home and be a Family Man.
  • Up to Fall in the single player which is just a bit further than i got with the PS3 version.

Have hammered the multiplayer when the kids and missus have been in bed. Just completed my 12 weeks as a Hunter and 6 days into my journey as a Firefly.

I can't praise it enough, no weapons or tactics appear OP, the maps are all brilliantly designed giving you choices aplenty. Lone wolfing has been great, sneaking out the opposite side of the map to your gang to flank the opposition never gets old.
    Can-of-sprite
  • 8-0 going into Sudden Death on Supply Raid, University, One of our team then quits out to boot. Remaining 3 of us belatedly click into some kind of highly co-ordinated beastly death machine and secure a draw from the clutches of shame. 

Love this MP.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!