The Last Of Us
  • I've started a Survivor run on ps4. Did it on normal on ps3 and rarely got stuck, was quite easy going.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The real TLOU starts here, hylian_elf....... well the more exciting one does anyways.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    I dunno, maybe I'm too jaded.

You just saw it coming.

Spoiler:
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I've started a Survivor run on ps4. Did it on normal on ps3 and rarely got stuck, was quite easy going.
    I played it on the level below the hardest and I don't think I could have finished it on the hardest setting. There are 2-3 places where I really needed the wall hack.
  • I did it on Survivor. It's really not that bad. The clickers are no more responsive on higher difficulties and when you realise you can pretty much crouch walk past them with immunity they no longer pose a threat.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I might try and get onto the DLC at some stage...
  • You should, it's really quite brilliant.
  • Anyone having hassle getting online in the past few days?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm trying with every fibre of my being to not start a new game of this RIGHT FUCKING NOW. I may not last the night.
    Get schwifty.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Do it! I enjoyed it more the second time round.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's a terrible idea.  From Monday I'll be away working for about 11 days, and when I get back Diablo 3 will be waiting for me.  It's a terrible idea...isn't it?
    Get schwifty.
  • Ali wrote:
    Anyone having hassle getting online in the past few days?

Took about 5 mins to find a match just then. Must be matchmaking issues.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Myself and Nexx just played some MP for the first time. Very enjoyable. Lots of sneaky, creepy. Then loud bursts of gunfire and general mayhem. I personally like it because I always feel like I can escape and regroup if things get too hairy ("reeep"). I also like the risk vs reward of crafting and buying ammo on the fly.

We need two teammates with mics to make up the numbers for our next session (maybe tomorrow?). Who's game?
  • Soz Curtis, don't play with scrubs :P ..... I one shot 'em with my trusty sniper rifle/or whatevs.
  • I've got as far as Bill in one play session. 
    It's alright. The story, incidental details, acting and atmosphere are what elevates it beyond its peers. At the moment anyway. 

I'm very bad at it though, my very first large clicker and runner encounter ended up with me running around in a large circle like Benny Hill until a couple of the infected got bored. 

As for the PS3 graphics, they're ok. I could be new gen blind right now, but they aren't wowing me at all.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • indigo wrote:
    Ali wrote:

There's a patch coming out this week to sort match making issues out. Push square have an article about it today. On my kindle otherwise I'd post a link.
  • Finished. 
    And about time to. If another fucking cutscene man attacked me as I walked through a door I would scream! Or if I walked into another space with obviously placed boxes 'scattered' about. 
    I'm over reacting but it did get incredibly predictable gameplay wise:
    Aha, here's a room where I'm going to fight 4-6 guys, it'll probably trigger them and send them through the far doors there when I move up to this 'randomly' placed barrier... Bingo there we go. 
    All games do it but I suspect it was disappointing to me because the rest of the game was so good and it felt somehow beneath this game to show a lack of imagination and repetition in that respect. 

So now to be positive, this is by far the only game where I have enjoyed the story, the characters and the acting so much. In those respects it's been a brilliant experience. The gameplay, I'm sorry, not so much.
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Very similar feelings to my own on completion. I demand a [score], and comparison with Uncharted.
  • Overall I would say I enjoyed it far more than I have any Unchartered game. I just didn't see them as amazeballs! Sorry.

Some parts of this felt so 'gamey' to me, they brought down what was a fantastic entertainment experience. It was so well written that the gamey parts like the constantly and oddly destroyed buildings (there's a fungus outbreak, not a nuclear war - ok it's twenty years on but the roads of Pripyat aren't all torn up and impassable!) and roads that forced you into grabbing a ladder or climbing/swimming around an obstruction felt old fashioned and clumsy. 
    I would've actually enjoyed it even more if some of the gaming areas/sections were taken out and replaced with Joel and Ellie just walking to the landmark in the distance chatting to each other. 

I'm not sure if to score this as a entertainment experience or a game. 
    The former I would give 9-10/10, the later I would give 7-8/10.
  • The cities were carpet-bombed after the quarantine zones were set up, hence the untidiness.
  • Were they?
    I missed that bit of info.
    They did a terrible job of carpet bombing.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    There's a patch coming out this week to sort match making issues out. Push square have an article about it today. On my kindle otherwise I'd post a link.

Tried it there post-patch and it actually seems worse. Read on TLOU forums that ND are still working on it.

Seems to have improved things for some folks at least.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Overall I would say I enjoyed it far more than I have any Unchartered game.

Yeah, piracy doesn't pay.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Pantyfire, your spoilered comments very much reflect my own thoughts.
    Get schwifty.
  • I went back to Uncharted after TLoU. Suffice to say, the game was utter wank. The actual gameplay is awful:-combat unsatisfying with head shots not even registering, and actual exploration completely ridiculous given the narrative. 

At the beginning of Drakes Deception I was left flabbergasted when, upon discovering I had to follow a car through a secret door in a warehouse, the car seemingly scaled down a gigantic pit in the ground which was only navigable by shimmiying around rails all the way to the bottom. After this I was tasked with squeezing through gaps barely big enough for a human, and rat infested sewers with all sorts of ledges and gaps. 

Getting to the end of this assault course I came across the secret train station and, lo and behold, the car, in sparkling nick, parked there right where I emerged. 

How I chose to fluff over this oversight ten minutes into the game when I first played it is beyond me. My only guess is that I was blinded by the visuals, which, for the time were rather good but also haven't aged well. 

I can vouch that most of the rest of the game is as ridiculous, and the body count even after a quarter of the game, is on a level of most CoD games. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think people realise how much of a step up TLoU was, despite its dated game mechanics...
  • I've always said Uncharted is rubbish. You people just don't listen.
  • I never thought the Unchartered games were as good as everyone made them out to be.
    Pointless platforming and OK 3rd person cover based combat wrapped up in, again, great character building, acting and a decent story.
    A lot of fun in a Saturday morning serial kind of way but not much fun to play.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I've always said Uncharted is rubbish. You people just don't listen.

Uncharted is aimed at being a saturday morning serial, much the same as Lucas did with Indy and Star Wars. It's complete fluff to be enjoyed at the time but never thought about too deeply. In that, it succeeds, and it helps that the three leads are so charismatic and likeable.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I definitely enjoyed U2 more than TLoU. Happily replayed the former, no desire to replay the latter, even up-res.

As for which is better, I'm not sure I even understand the question.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!