Scammed!
  • With a payment for your inconvenience? No? Bastards.
  • No but I've since asked for one. I'm slightly concerned somebody who earns fuck all has gotten into trouble.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Maybe they'll give you some coupons. I mean who doesn't like coupons?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Fuck that they still owe me actual cash.
  • Nah. Cash ain't worth the paper it's printed on anymore. Coupons man! Coupons are the future.
  • Cash is cash, but coupons could be for anything. They could even be for cash, and you know how much we wanted that!
  • Yep. Can't lose with coupons.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    This sounds like a skit from catch 22.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Are they Embassy coupons?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I'm thinking maybe that and Green Shield stamps. That way we have the illusion of choice.
    Cereal packet tops may come into play on the black market.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Amazon credits are as close to cash as one can get nowadays.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I keep meaning to leave TSB after what happened but it's hard with so many things through the month going out. It's like I'll have to time it well so there's no delay for rent or bills.

Anyway, my complaint was upheld as previously mentioned, they apologised and said they wouldn't be shutting my account down after all and I needn't do anything. Except I find out today they did, and I can't access the cash in any way. "Inactive" they said on the phone, and there was nothing they could do about it as they hadn't be told to not shut it down. I can use the atm to check the balance but I'm not allowed to use it. 

I couldn't actually talk to the dept that froze the account, I could only talk to the lady on the phone who would put me on hold whilst she talked to them, and she said there was nothing anybody could do about it right now and I'd have to wait while they investigated but she would leave a note on the account and could I phone back on Monday?

Fucking livid. I had to borrow some cash off the ex and my rent was due today of all bloody days.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Jeez what bullshit :-(
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If you win off me tomorrow I will PayPal forthwith!
  • It's mental. They actually paid me some compensation into that very account as way of apologising for the last thing (which was nice as I hadn't asked for any) and it did make me like them a bit more, but now this. They seem completely disorganised.
  • https://www.tsb.co.uk/help/complaints/

If you already have gone through this, go straight to https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

And write to your MP and let them know about both. They'll drop a hundred quid in your account, and then you can leave them for another bank eg BOs who'll give you 125 quid.

Then PM your pal ozno for the best value cams that'll buy you
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • They gave me £350 for the last thing (and said I could basically ask for more if I didn't feel it reflected the distress caused), which was nice I guess.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Soooooo much distress. Take the fuckers to the cleaners. Worrying about missed rent, paying child support, access to your child. They shold be in deep. Maybe even get legal advice.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Yeah I am not normally one to suggest milking things for everything you can get but this whole situation is way beyond fucked.

Do whatever you have to
  • Plus it's, ya know, a big scummie bank like the rest of them.
  • Worse, they’re a big scummy bank who pretend to be a caring, friendly, local bank.
  • They closed my local branch in Partick. Bastards.
  • This is getting fucking ridiculous. 3hrs of phonecalls today to 3 different departments, none of which can do anything until a single person, the lady that sent me the letter saying my account would not be terminated in customer services, sends a specific email to the team that have frozen the account to tell them to unfreeze it. She is not in today. 

They can see my complaint was upheld, I'm in the right, they just can't do anything about it. They didn't even send me a letter recently saying the account is about to be closed, just the original (overturned) notice that the account was due for closure in 60 days before I lodged the complaint. If I'd have known they fucked up and it was about to be closed anyway I could at least have done something about it a week or so ago.

The only reason the account has been frozen and not shut down completely is because it has cash in it. Not only that, they can't actually contact me directly to keep me updated, I have to keep phoning them because they are only able to access details of the account whilst I'm on the phone with them. It takes about 20 mins for then to pick up.
  • Get a pen and paper then diary times, who you spoke to and what they said.

You are gonna have to jump through their hoops, be prepared to take action after.
  • Get your money back (eventually) and compensation then leave for another bank.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You also need to be compensated for your time. £50 an hour is a reasonable offer.
  • See those 20 minutes on hold every time? Use those minutes to contact the media with your complaint. Nothing huge, just the Guardian’s financial complaint page, the Moneysaving Expert bloke, Watchdog, etc. And contact TSB’s team on social media. And get an official complaint with TSB started, and the ombudsman too.

None of that is just to shitstir – it’s to get ahead of any extra complaining you might need to do later. If this doesn’t go well, you’ll be glad of the head start through other avenues.
  • Yeah it's all been logged on their end. They make notes as you talk and I mentioned everything. I didn't actually need to tell them I wanted to complain, she just instigated another one anyway because even she thought it was ridiculous.

I can't quite believe a big bank has systems in place that allow this to happen, and once it does it's very difficult to get the process reversed as it involves multiple departments.
  • Cross-posted from the Poker thread.

My daily routine now involves me waking up, remembering how much I hate TSB, making a coffee and then hunkering down to a 1hr call with the bank. It's kind of self-defeating because every time I phone they have to add a shitload of notes to my account concerning everything we've just talked about, and so each day they put me on hold whilst they read the ever-expanding list of cases notes and it takes a bit longer on each call. It's currently about 10 mins, and this is after waiting at least 20mins for them to actually answer the call.

They don't read the notes straight away of course. Instead they spend 5 mins explaining they are the fraud team and I've phoned the wrong department (which is technically true as they've admitted there is no useful dept that I can actually contact directly), and so I have to take 5 mins to explain what the situation is and that if they go into my account and read the notes, the notes will explain that I've just been instructed to phone the fraud team after all.

Only then do they explain that there's not much they can do as It's not actually their department that deals with this but I can be assured it's being dealt with urgently, and if I'd like to call back tomorrow that's be just dandy, but what they can do today is to absolutely confirm, for sure, with some clarity, that the account is still most definitely still frozen.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!