Gaming Pet Peeves
  • Never ending respawning enemies. If I want to stay still and pick them off one by one until they are all done, bloody let me. Don't just keep up a string of enemies until I get to an 'invisible line'.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I suppose that is a thing I hate about shooters; my control pad skillz are in fact pretty shit. If I find myself surrounded I tend to panic and run about in circles and then get stuck on some scenery and then wait for my inevitable death. I'm better at stealth.

Also agree with qte's. If you're going to the effort of making a cut scene, let me enjoy the bloody cut scene!
  • People on Ghost Recon online who dont go for the objective (as in they dont defend/attack and just run around like idiots)! The objectives make you win!!!

We have many peeves in common, you and I. Objectives completed = win. High kill counts look nice but don't mean shit unless you win!
  • Battlefield 3 is really bad for people protecting their K/D.

Play Recon as a Sniper for an entire game, twelve kills, zero deaths, 1200 points, last on the team, mong!

No attempt to capture flags, spot enemies, deploy a spawn beacon, just have a positive K/D. Fuck off and play TD mode or CoD.
  • Because the rank system on most of these games is meaningless, K/D seems to have got more and more important to a lot of people. I'd assume kids in most cases, it's easy for me to say that I don't care about it, but I don't have to go to school and be mocked for being shit at games. 

The sad thing is that DICE knew that it was a problem when they made BC2 and didn't have it on the score board. It almost takes pride of place in BF3.
  • I was playing Ghost Recon online today and I was frequently the only one going for the capture stuff/defense markers. The rest of my squad were camped at one end of the map doing jack-all. They didnt even get many kills!

Although I am guilty of being a bit too gung-ho online.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Being gung-ho is the best way, I embrace death in online FPSes. Fuck my K/D, lets just get this bitch won.
  • Thats my attitude too. I very often have the most deaths in a team but I say it just shows my commitment to winning!

I put my digital body on the line.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I was a HQ god on CoD4. About 8 kills to 30 deaths but I captured pretty much every single HQ while others picked the enemy off. Felt like a fucking bad ass terrorist at times.
  • Eurogamer comment threads.
  • You're bring that specific?

Game site comments, full stop.
  • Eurogamer comment threads. +1

Actually, Eurogamer in general.

"We just heard a rumour about something or other and are posting it as news assuming it's true.

UPDATE: It's not true."
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Gamesradar makes Eurogamer look like art.

10 games that feature characters whose names sound similar to a type of cheese.
  • Games that store stuff to the cache and you can't move it.

Recently I finished Dishonored, and you can replay individual missions from the main menu. It shows you your stats from completing the mission, if you've been seen etc. but it seems it stores it on the 360 cache, as the stats show on one 360 but not another! Annoying as I'm not sure if it'll remember what I've done for achievements.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I had that with FIFA 10.
  • It's very annoying, all save data should be movable!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!