Pictures thread. It has pictures in it.
  • I sometimes worry that I'm not earning my money.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Only the people at the top don't earn their money. Profit, innit. Everyone else loses a portion of their labour value through tax or profit, which in many ways are effectively the same thing; only that one is a top-down redistribution of wealth, where as the other is bottom-up. Supposedly, anyway
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Just so we're clear, no-one paid 13000 quid for one bottle of champagne, it was 13k for 28 bottles.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • An important distinction!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Plus that club is charging 6 times the store price for a bottle of Grey Goose.  You'd have to be a fucking idiot, really.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Yeah, it's vodka right? Though google does have a 4.5 litre bottle for £499. Plus they got complimentary orange juice and lemonade.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Were there such a thing as a 13k bottle of Cristal, 28 of those would have set her back better than 360k?  A good night to which one is apparently entitled, according to some.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Yeah, it's vodka right? Though google does have a 4.5 litre bottle for £499. Plus they got complimentary orange juice and lemonade.
    Yer.  Silly cos there's an orange flavoured one.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    There was a 4K bottle of Cristal at a bar I used to go to in manchester.

It was in the finest mahogany case and the bottle itself was made from crystal and wasn't just glass. The inside was lined in silk.

The bar was called the Sugar Lounge and was next door to mine. I'd have never got in if it weren't for our working relationship. It was that exclusive said champers would sit on the corner of the bar from opening to close. 

Someone did buy it which turned me sick.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Ha, those places. Man what i'd not give for £100 extra in me savings right now, all this talk of money is making me itch.
  • Sounds like a strip club.
  • Talking about Cristal, I remembered an interesting story about Grey Goose (well I thought it was interesting). The name, backstory (filtered through virgin's thighs, or whatever), bottle, all came before the vodka. Why is it more expensive? Because Grey Goose tell you it should be, no other reason.

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/biz/features/10816/
  • Like those peeps (monster, is it?) who make the dre headphones and diamond coated audio cables or wotever
  • Interesting article, that.
  • ANY FUCK THIS TEXT

sNENwHK.gif

cq5kW.gif

PVxQVIm.gif
    LgyysC7.gif
    RBAzgod.gif
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    The issue is that we live in a massively unequal society which has been getting progressively less equal over the past thirty years or so. The average wage hasn't gone up very much, whilst the wages for those at the top have gone through the roof. We're living in the middle of a wealth grab by those at the top which is being perpetrated against every single one of us with the assistance of compliant politicians and shareholders which is concentrating money and power in the hands of a tiny number of individuals who are using it to prop up and set up their offspring to continue to lead lives which bear absolutely no relation to what most of us are dealing with. Meanwhile, we just sit around and accept all of this, even to the point of having our public services ripped out from under us all because some bankers got too greedy and our taxes were used to underwrite their losses. That's the fucking issue, this is just a manifestation of it.

Well said, Yoss. only the "bottom" 95% are in a recession, if you look at the fortunes of the super rich, they're going through an economic boom. While at the same time, they're being let off paying their taxes, while the people who really need help are getting their life lines taken away from them.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • No-one is listening to Brooks, who has analysed the most important problem.  Cristal's shit.  I don't mind if people are equipped to go and spend £30k of an evening on anything, but I am disappointed that people with that sort of means are stuck in shit nightclubs drinking god-awful champagne.  As Skerret said, it's terribly gauche; for a start, what are they celebrating?

Someone with enough capital to throw £30k at a drinks bill could, presumably, be achieving an awful lot.  The fact that they choose to drink such utter shit just proves it's wasted, though.
  • THAT'S WHAT I WAS SAYING
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Ryan Giggs was once refused a brandy and coke. Because he ordered a Remy Martin XO.

The blurt.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Elmlea wrote:
    No-one is listening to Brooks, who has analysed the most important problem.  Cristal's shit.  I don't mind if people are equipped to go and spend £30k of an evening on anything, but I am disappointed that people with that sort of means are stuck in shit nightclubs drinking god-awful champagne.  As Skerret said, it's terribly gauche; for a start, what are they celebrating? Someone with enough capital to throw £30k at a drinks bill could, presumably, be achieving an awful lot.  The fact that they choose to drink such utter shit just proves it's wasted, though.
    Bitch should just have bought them steaks and Guinness.

werd

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Ee Tammy get thee dahn thu witherspuns with ya lass on a wensdee and get ye sum steek an guiness dahn yer lass yer luk laik yeh cud yoose a gud drink an sum fodder lass as yer aint arf thin laik
  • Wednesday night is STEAK NIGHT iirc.

g.man
  • Taahts whut I sed y'cheky blighta
  • Sorry, I don't speak French.

:(

g.man
  • 1338990550075.gif
  • Tempy wrote:
    THAT'S WHAT I WAS SAYING

Tempus = truth.
  • fuck this page is making my pc slow.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Convenient page turn
  • Excellent. Now, as I was going to post:

Bizarre amount of furvor for defending the rich and their spending habits going on up in here. There's just not a way to defend spending that much on a drink. Whether you want to blame the system and let the individual off scot(t?) free or not: It's pretty much indefensible.

The very least it (that sort of spending) deserves is a tut or two from the great unwashed on the interwebs.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!