Middle-aged Gamers' Malaise
  • Ahhh ok you're referring to collectathons.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • The last time I played a game and actually thought it was worth my time was the Overwatch beta. Have bought full game but have not had the opportunity to play it yet. Prior to that, Team Clueless Vault of Glass run. Most fun I've had with the PS4 ever. When I load most games now, I just think I should be doing something better with my time. Even when I have the house to myself and there are no chores to be done, I'd probably rather read, put some music on or write.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    The Lords of Time from Level 9.

High five. I never got anywhere in this but it totally captivated me as a child, very evocative.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I had Sorderon's Shadow. It was impossible, basically.
  • trippy wrote:
    High five. I never got anywhere in this but it totally captivated me as a child, very evocative.

I struggled too, to the extent that I actually sent off for the hint sheet that they provided. :D

I loved adventure games. Level 9, the Scott Adams stuff, Infocom. I still have about 6 copies of Micro Adventurer that I bought around 83/84.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • I think I might have had that hint sheet, too. I was six or seven though so I'm not sure it helped. I have pleasant hazy memories of the game though, thanks for the reminder.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    trippy wrote:
    I struggled too, to the extent that I actually sent off for the hint sheet that they provided. :D I loved adventure games. Level 9, the Scott Adams stuff, Infocom. I still have about 6 copies of Micro Adventurer that I bought around 83/84.

In the early 80s Scott Adams wrote a regular column in Computer & Video Games magazine outlining how to develop your own adventure game.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!