E3 2016 - June 14-16
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I wish I could refuse to serve people at the till who remain on their phone. Drives me nuts.
    There's an independent fishmonger's near me that has signs up saying that the staff will do just that.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    We've had this discussion before but people can be on the phone if they want. Nobody needs to talk to you while you do your job. Hello, please, thank you is perfectly fine.
  • I always say sorry if I'm on the phone being served. I also tell the person I'm speaking to that I'll just be a few minutes buying something. Not difficult to be polite.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I guess that's that British over politeness. Not necessary everywhere. It's nobody's business if I'm on the phone, who knows if it's something important? And I certainly don't need to apologise for it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    As long as you're acknowledging the person serving you and apologising for being on the phone, I didn't get overly offended, but it is still dispiriting to the person who's serving you. The people who dump stuff on the counter while barely making eye contact and then turning away to continue their conversation are cunts.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    On the other hand, I find it similarly rude if someone who is serving me is on the phone while they're doing so. When I worked in a shop, if the phone rang while I was in the middle of serving someone, I'd ignore it, not that I would expect a customer to do the same.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If it's something important you wouldn't be going through the fucking checkout whilst having the convo. It's just respect is all, not saying you have to have a convo with the person serving you but imagine you'd queued up and the guy serving answers his phone as you're about to give him the dosh and has a natter for five minutes leaving you stood there.

You'd be the first to complain. Life isn't a rush ffs.
  • I'm usually stuck in the queue behind them and notice they take longer to complete the transaction as they can't multitask efficiently.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ignorant bloody Irish as usual.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, as I say please, thanks, etc, I don't see a problem. I don't see why I should have to politely give my full attention in Game to a load of stupid offers for insurance for disks etc for example. I'll be polite, give you my money and you do your bit, end of story. But then there's a location thing too, I guess. Internationally, Brits are seen as unnecessarily and ridiculously polite. It's quite funny to see them here trying to translate absurd would you minds etc into Spanish.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Likewise fuckwits who stand in the middle of the aisle checking their phone oblivious to everyone around them. Cunts.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's just ignorance. It's perfectly possible to be polite, efficient and use your phone.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    In fact using a phone in public = cunt and let's just leave it there.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Being in public = cunt.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'd agree to that.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Being = cunt
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    E3's on the line,  wanting a conference call.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I don't think I've ever bought a season pass.

It just massively puts me off buying games, if I'm going to be getting into a game I generally like to have the complete edition, and feeling like I'll have to basically preorder DLC really pisses me off.

It's why I haven't bothered with Battlefront and probably wont get Battlefield 1, which is annoying because it's looks like something I might enjoy. But they've already got the bloody French locked away, ready to squeeze more money out of the player. They can do one. Cunts.
  • I bought the Halo season passes, because maps. I know I'll buy them all, so why not get them cheaper?

I'm actually annoyed there is no L4D2 season pass. They've not reduced the price of the packs, and fuck paying £15 quid for them all now. It would annoy, but I'd begrudgingly pay £10 for them.
  • FranticPea wrote:

HEY! I'd expect no less from Pea bit you?! You've disappointed me DS. :(
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow wrote:
    We've had this discussion before but people can be on the phone if they want. Nobody needs to talk to you while you do your job. Hello, please, thank you is perfectly fine.

Spoken like someone who's never had to serve cunts on their phones. Some are polite and manage to do both because they've just gotten a call they need to take at an awkward time. But the majority are cunts who pay you no mind when you try to get them to pay/sign/pin/bag?/change/important info etc and just end up holding up the line as you try to do your job. Utter cunts. Call them back in a minute when you're done.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So, not just a British thing then?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bloody moaning Aussies
  • Sometimes, I'd just do nothing until they finished their call, or realised I wasn't serving them. At that point saying "It's ok, I can wait until you've finished" politely usually made them end the call quickly.

No call is important enough that you need to take it in a shop, because if it's actually that important, you wouldn't be in the shop.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Australians are basically British, but worse. I suppose I should just be nice and listen politely to cold callers too. Or put down my book because somebody on the bus decides that they want to have a conversation. No, I'll be perfectly polite but I'll be sociable on my terms, not yours. It's pretty damn rude to decide how other people should behave with you, concentrate on yourself why don't you?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Shops that decide to take that stance can just lose their customers. Maybe you should only serve people dressed in clothes you like too, or with sensible haircuts. You can have whatever opinion of what's rude or not, but if you choose to reject or ignore customers based on your own standards then you don't deserve their custom.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Gman, where are you?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I can see that someone completely ignoring you because they're on the phone is rude. But refusing to serve someone because they don't conform to your idea of polite is just as bad.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Australians are basically British, but worse. I suppose I should just be nice and listen politely to cold callers too. Or put down my book because somebody on the bus decides that they want to have a conversation. No, I'll be perfectly polite but I'll be sociable on my terms, not yours. It's pretty damn rude to decide how other people should behave with you, concentrate on yourself why don't you?
    The sales assistant isn't requesting an interaction on their terms, you're initiating the contact, not them, so you're the one whose deciding how people should behave, not them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!