Dark Souls III [Spoiler Edition]
  • And just lost those 60k souls. Nice.
  • Oh. You have missed at least one boss and probably an entire area.

Got it, after some exploring wandered across the crystal sage and have indeed opened up a new area :-)
  • Good stuff. Good area that as well.
  • firesword abyss watcher is taking the piss. hax
  • i went somewhere else in a big cathedral now, that fat lady in the narrow corridor oh man what a bitch
  • Finished last night. Overall is lovely looking with some interesting mechanics and some fantastic boss fights. But it lacks it's own identity and relies too much on call backs, almost like it doesn't have confidence in its own story.
    It's also very easy for the most part with only some sticking points coming with some of the latter bosses and some of the ice Knights which are more like mini bosses themselves.
    Clocked it in 40 hours with some coop mucking about included.
    Like most here, there isn't enough to jump back in with another build.
    Disappointing some of the best bosses are optional.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I was fairly happy with Dork Souls 3 overall too.

Having said that I'm in no particular rush to play more Souls. I hope From take their esoteric time with the DLC and churn out something special.
  • Deacons dead. Fun boss that. Geared up to fight abyss watchers again (not sure correct tactic but i'm going very light armour high fire def) and then got invaded. Guy appeared to be using hand axe. Surprised i won! not pvp'ved much. Would he have to be similar level to me to invade me?
  • If it was really easy it may have been an NPC.
  • Na i googled the name, not an NPC. Plus he approached while i was afk and waited until i gestured to commence fight. Plus did that classic thing of waggling joystick to run in a little circle and also unequipped/equipped shield really fast. anyway i went on to beat abyss watcher woo. then finished watching marcella which was awesome, i predicted the killer! go me.
  • Ocieros down. Gundyr's up now.
  • Ocieros was a damaged creature just longing for extermination, tbf. 

I pity tha SL1 fool that crosses the Champ G though: he gonna impregnate yo' ass with his giant boot/blade, till you weep for that dingy unwashed test-tube that you call mother.
  • He's dead now. Why can't I upload videos? I was sure it was just share and square. Ive lost the option..... Weird. Anyway! Yay.
  • And killed pontiff first try at sl1. Who said he was hard?
  • Fair play.

Only boss that really (not at SL1, mind) troubled me was NK. Took ages to get the timing of his attacks down.

• Enjoying Carthus Catacombs. It's mental.
  • indigo wrote:
    Fair play. Only boss that really (not at SL1, mind) troubled me was NK. Took ages to get the timing of his attacks down.

The two bosses that have given me the most trouble at SL1 are the ones that gave me the least trouble levelled normally. Dancer because she has a big move set and weird timing, and Ocieros because of the no wind up charge. Ocieros has probably been the least fun I had in this run, just because it felt random. Gundyr was excellent because it felt skillful.
  • Aldrich is giving me issues.    Not really had a boss fight that after a few goes I haven't nailed.  Quite a few i've completed on the first attempt.  Aldrich is just annoying me now....
  • Which attack is killing you? I didn't enjoy that fight first time around because it sometimes felt I was just running away from arrows.
  • It's one of those fights where you need to do 2 or 3 hits and not be greedy, hit and run before he does his disappearance attack.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • voices wrote:
    Which attack is killing you? I didn't enjoy that fight first time around because it sometimes felt I was just running away from arrows.

I've had him twice this afternoon where when he hits his second phase he just spams the arrows...       Its frustrating becuase its my poor timing at dodging or healing at the wrong time.  Just can't shake it....
  • What I did was try and go close and behind to fuck it, if it starts arrows (channels the attack), I exit lock on and run to a corner. I lock again and strafe and roll forwards as arrows get nearer. By the time arrows stop I'm next to the bastard again. Only problem is when he does the beams. Then you have to watch how many he does and time rolls better.
  • Worth noting there are two types of arrows. At first they are easy to avoid and depending on stamina you can get a hit in. Once sub 50% health just roll the fuck outta there.
  • With so much stacked against you at SL1 it certainly does. You had a smidgen of luck towards the end there, but obv well met.

That Pyro spell tears Aldrich's pussy up... Jimmy the Commitments fan, take note.
  • It's probably a good idea to wear clothes, but since almost everything she did killed me I went naked. The dark stuff shouldn't be one shooting from full health if you're set up correctly!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nicely done mate!
  • voices wrote:
    Which attack is killing you? I didn't enjoy that fight first time around because it sometimes felt I was just running away from arrows.
    I've had him twice this afternoon where when he hits his second phase he just spams the arrows...       Its frustrating becuase its my poor timing at dodging or healing at the wrong time.  Just can't shake it....

I'd suggest only healing after she goes underground. Also, make sure you close space as soon as she appears - you can stop her casting homing magic if you get straight up in her face. The arrow attack can be dodged, as it takes a little time to turn around (and can be avoided entirely in phase one by standing behind her). When she's on fire, you will have to spend a fair bit of time dodging, but there's no need to run all the way away.
  • It's a he, dammit voices!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!