Dark Souls III [Spoiler Edition]
  • Think I'm gonna go for the Anri quest and get that achievement next. Dunno if I can be arsed with much else. Lost interest in my second build very early on which I'm a little gutted by. Not sure how much more I'm gonna play it. Doesn't have quite the hold of DKS1 due mainly to over familiarity I think.

Oh well.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I'm deep in AP.  Spoilery question:
    Spoiler:
  • Im not sure what
    Spoiler:
    but i got exactly the same
    Spoiler:

You need to do it eventually though.
    Have you been
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah enjoyed that fight :-)
    Found 
    Spoiler:
  • You don't know what the
    Spoiler:
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ah yeah, did get the 
    Spoiler:
    Dragon tooth?  Hmm.  Ahem.  Nope, can't remember using it in other Souls really :|.   Will read the info when next on!
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yeah enjoyed that fight :-)
    Found 
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Time to
    Spoiler:

Let us know how you get on.
  • Lol. Don't
    Spoiler:
    you nutter you'll fuck it all up!!!!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    :-(

So yeah
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Reckoning I might need to
    Spoiler:
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    For the people who met Patches
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I didn't meet him there. I only met him...
    Spoiler:

Yep, that's where I met him on my first playthrough. It seems there are 2 different ways to encounter him.
  • @Muzzy you're at an extreme disadvantage running about half naked in DKS3 mate. Armour doesn't work like other Souls games. You get a massive defence bonus for wearing all four pieces.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What are the percentages where rolling / jumping changes? I'm pretty reliant on being nimble / spamming quick attacks in gaps. I've found it fine up to now really, largely due to be 100% shield and old school board and swording, plus chugging into VIT a fair bit I guess.
  • I think they tweaked it...maybe, I dunno. I used to be religious about staying below 50% on the old games but I ran near 60/65% at times and don't see much difference - I think they pushed fat rolling to nearer 70.

I generally stay at about 50 now, but that's more habit than anything- it's kinda hard as I'm lugging about a great axe - when I change to another weapon I'm generally closer to 35% equip. I've only noticed the faster animations / movement at sub-30 which is way too low for me.

I dodge and drop my shield where possible- my stamina isn't great but it's enough to block and recover in most cases. It's a 100% shield that also gives me bonus souls.

My VIT was closer to 20 by the time I finished the game, but I tempted fate more than once with such low VIT and not much in the way of armour (to allow weight to carry the aforementioned great axe). For NG+ I increased it to about 25 or so.

Does that help?
  • Just checked weight stuff:
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah it's surprising how much armour you can wear before it really affects your roll speed. Weight doesn't vary nearly as much as the old games. You can wear pretty much everything except the heaviest gear without much penalty.

You can mix it up a lot more now for fashion Souls, but the minute you take one piece off, your defence drops LOADS.

Always wear a helmet.
  • I stayed light for NK cos needed fast rolling. Some of the lighter armour has great lightning absorption in case you get hit. Try Archdeacon set. And fuck a shield. Just roll and use two-handed strikes.
  • Always wear a helmet.

Yes dad, gawd!

• Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    You can mix it up a lot more now for fashion Souls, but the minute you take one piece off, your defence drops LOADS. Always wear a helmet.

Yeah I've no idea why there isn't a 'hide helmet' option :/
  • Yeah. It's much harder to avoid damage in this game so not wearing armour is fairly foolish, but I like running around naked.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    VR dark souls let's you do both
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    NK is down :-)
    Spoiler:
    Decent boss overall - the arrival when you go through the fog gate is quite something!
  • With Emma, can you
    Spoiler:
  • I'm watching EnB play through of ds3 and he just found the pyromancer. Massive face palm on my part as I never found him. Le sigh
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've got all the upgrade items coming out my ears now I'm at the end game. 20+ of each. Where have yours all gone, Elf??
  • I've got several weapons at +9 with two at +10. I still have 3 slabs left but found another weapon that I'm thinking of upgrading.
  • Yeah Elf, you can kill
    Spoiler:
  • Think I might need some help tomorrow or the day after with the
    Spoiler:
    . For some reason I didn't see any signs outside the fog door - so I may need to rope someone in. Anyone willing to help in the next day or two?
  • If you check the square/platform just before the bit with the two Knights, should see sign for Hawkwood.
  • Ah, cool, thanks. Will have a look tomorrow.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!