Dark Souls III [Spoiler Edition]
  • Checking the achievements on PS4 last night and saw that 30% of people had the NK one, which is pretty impressive given how difficult that fight is.

Spent some time grinding sun talismans there and it all started to make sense. It also made me angry like old time WoW dungeons with randoms felt.

DON'T RUN AT HIS FEET. ROLL!
    Spoiler:
  • 29Hrs in - done the last Cinder Throne guy. Two option areas left before dat boi I think. Had to spend all of today offline because whenever I play it I get mad disconnects and I ended up getting kicked out of the Dragonslayer Armour 6 times. Can't be having that.
  • I finished it last night. 52 hours and got some help for the last boss for the lols. I really enjoyed playing this even though I managed to fuck all the NPC's story threads and saw none of them through...

I'm pretty happy with some of the bosses I managed to do alone too. Like the Prince and the Dancer.

I'll probably play through again with a guide or something to try and find more of the side stories.

I'll also not Heal The Dark Sigil even though I don't really know what it did.
  • NK is doing my nut in atm. Struggling with getting through stage 1 without swigging gallons of estus due to the AOE of one the attacks that I'm not sweetly getting out of the way of/working the camera right. Come stage 2 & my timing is like I've been swigging gallons of cider. Each attempt shows signs of improvement, & I'm sure it will come next session, but its the first boss to really cause a sweat.
  • @Shabby
    Spoiler:
  • Hmmm, interesting.

My ending was
    Spoiler:
  • No. You can only do that 5 times. It's the most complex thing in the game. You will deffo need to use a guide unless you wanna do multiple playthroughs and trial and error with it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Game dusted. Throughly enjoyed ever second of it, even if it messed with my sleep pattern on certain evenings. After DS2 & Bloodbourne failed to grab me, it was nice to be sucked back in with DS3.

Managed to complete 2 NPC storylines, when I pick it up again will try to play play for the best ending in NG+.

Was not gonna do the final boss today as I was gonna do a bit of cheevo hunting something I don't normal bother with but really enjoyed with DS1. Was only due to my pile of shame, I pushed on after NK. So was pleasantly surprised on after seeing the creds roll, that NG+ can be accessed when I'm ready. Was not sure if it would boot me straight into it. Guess I got a bit of grace now & nest session I will mop up as much as poss on play through one & improve my pvp before starting round 2.
  • In case it was missed elsewhere, you can use the Vorpx application to inject stereoscopy into the game if you have a vr headset - run it in cinema mode with slight headtracking with the dark souls 2 profile and you have dark souls 3 in vr-lite. Its neat. If just to remind you how huge some of the bad guys are
  • Completed it :D

Still lots to do so won't be ng+ yet.
  • I managed to miss 2 of the emotes in NG+. That'll teach me not to follow a guide. Edit: that is, strictly follow a guide. I'd read what to do with Yuria.

Do the NG+ rings appear in NG++?
  • I can confirm that NG+ rings appear in NG++ (so you don't have to worry about getting everything before progressing for the achievement).

On that note, the amount of grinding required for the Darkmoon covenants is absolutely bullshit. I've had 0 summons ever, so the only way to get the Proof of Concord Kept is by grinding the silver knights. At least with the other covenants you can invade or get summons to earn them, which is kind of fun even if invades are always 3v1.
  • I'll admit it. The thing that has preceded going to bed after a good one hour try each time for the last two nights has been throwing my controller because of NK. I can breeze the dragon but my plus 10 lightning halberd does 80 damage a swing on him once he Ornstein's his dead mount. My whole build has been lightning based so I've had to try laming him out at range with a crossbow as I have no strength or dex. That consists of kiting him for about 20 minutes while chipping his health down at 150 damage per wooden bolt (no access to any other bolts as Greirat has gone AWOL), then getting knocked down once, followed getting fucked Ibuki vortex style as I get hit every time I find my feet.

I've made peace with the fight though, I'll solo the cunt if it kills me.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I did the same. Infused my halberd to lightning to get through that clifftop gauntlet then went through to the boss and found he was made of lightning. I used a dark greataxe in the end but you should fare well with raw + resin, you could two-hand the large club...
  • I found the fight got a lot easier when I made an effort to roll to his right, as it positions you much better for his follow up swings. Appreciate that's not going to help you with a bow if you're going to do it like that. Raw straight sword + dark would be a good shout if you want to go that route.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah just get gud
  • Just use a shriving stone and infuse with something else?? It's not as if there's a lack of infusion stones...
  • I definitely appreciate the frustration with beating him. Having to beat the dragon first stage before getting another chance at his final form adds another layer to an already difficult fight.
  • Didn't think it was that bad tbh. Pontiff is worse.
  • Heh, see I found Pontiff very easy! It's probably down to timing - NK delays his attacks so it's easy to roll too early. Pontiff's attacks tied up much better to when I would naturally roll.

Edit: Plus Pontiff has much lower health.
  • I just wanted to stay true to my build and be a female Zeus. Ready to give up and change infusion now though. Dark sounds like the one, good shout on a two handed club as well Dubs.
  • What are your stats?
  • Didn't think it was that bad tbh. Pontiff is worse.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hit Irthyll for the first time. Running Knights armour and Wilners sword, dragon shield.
    This was after having to find this doll and doing a major backtrack.
    Is anyone still playing this? Or has it died on its arse after less than 3 months.
    Overall, it's quite easy. Been lucky with a couple of fights so far.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Well I saw the game through once. I shall probably go back and do a NG+ with the Abyss sword/knife combo thing because it looked cool. Will also go back when my friend finishes his solo play and wants to do some coop.
  • Thought I'd want to play this through repeatedly but after one run I just lost the desire. Started another build but got bored.

I'm all soulsed out.
  • I started another build and got as far as Abyss Watchers.
    Then decided to give Scholar a crack but didn't enjoy so will go back to this again when I next play.
  • I'm running a scholar magic build at the same time and having fun with both to be fair.

Though I do feel DS3 is like The Force Awakens,
    Very beautiful looking but with so many nudge nudge wink winks to the first one. It almost is missing its own Soul.
    At least scholar went for its own story direction.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I've sacked it off for a bit with my first character and I'm trying an SL1 run, which is a lot more fun. Unlike previous titles, the achievement grind is terrible. I've heard they might have fixed some of the covenant summons, so maybe it's better now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!