ARK
  • I think this game is fascinating but i'd like to play it on my phone/ipad.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's no Candy Crush.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It's got menus how far off can it be?
  • it looks fascinating. Just don't think i've got the time to play it. 

Could it work in SP?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It only works in SP at the minute.

But yeah, you can have a blast on your own and it's fun, but like Minecraft, Day Z and the rest it's far better enjoyed with friends. Or if you can't play with a friend then someone you can at least tolerate, like Frantic.
  • It only works in SP at the minute. But yeah, you can have a blast on your own and it's fun, but like Minecraft, Day Z and the rest it's far better enjoyed with friends. Or if you can't play with a friend then someone you can at least tolerate, like Frantic.

I thought i saw a video where two mates were patrolling around the place? Seemed mmorg like
  • It's not quite MMO, it's not quite MOBA, it's like Minecraft, there are no set goals, there is a world and there are things you can do, the rest is up to you and the other people playing the game.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Patch is live. Gonna check out the servers now.

Also:

jpnBYo4.jpg
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Didn't check last night but this morning there are now 235 servers showing on the browser, seemingly with the correct pings displayed.

Unfortunately every single server was showing as 70/70 full.

Fucked it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What a strange time to be playing games.

I'm going to see Star Wars tonight Franny, so I can't get on. I'm out tomorrow too. Sorry.
  • This is going for crazy money on the Russian/Brazilian digital stores, 11-14 quid crazy.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You should buy it, the join server screen is amazing.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    This is back to £13 on Steam so I jumped in.. will try to have a crack once it's all installed and ready to go.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Well it certainly looks like they're throwing everything at this.

http://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4772-xbox-status-update-week-two/

Reckon I'll leave it a good few days/week and try again. Game has so much potential, I've had a blast just playing single player.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I might jump in on pc. And try a month server rental and see wtf happens.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    May well buy this before the sale ends.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    We're really sorry for the delay in getting up more servers, but there are now an additional 150 for a total of 364 servers (we also have 21 Trial-only servers as well)! Microsoft and Wildcard have been working all day to solve some deployment issues and I am personally incredibly impressed that both teams worked so hard right up to the last moment before the holiday break to make sure everyone playing ARK can have a as much fun as possible over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your patience, now get in there and conquer the island!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They're doing some fine work. I'll be on tonight to try to get into a server before everyone breaks it.

Does it automatically bookmark your servers now? I've not been on since we got done in by that snake.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not sure. Won't be on for a few days now.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Sooo then. Tried a quick punt on the PC and it's errr.. a little obtuse?

Loaded up on a server (seemed to be lots available on PC, some full, plenty not) just to fiddle about with the graphics options and while I was in a menu checking resolutions and whatnot I was attacked and killed by a large level 40 pidgeon thing. Hadn't moved, just got slaughtered. Hey ho.. no bother, respawn.
    Tried again. This time at least I was watching what was going on. Big caveat here; I have not watched more than 2 mins of this so have very little idea of how to do much. There's little to no hand holding or guides in game so you seem to just have find out yerself or watch youtubes.
    Moving on, and 3 or so more deaths later, I now have a vague idea of how to craft a few things. As I type I have yet to successfully place a fireplace though. I have made some picks and axes so I don't have to punch stuff. I have not yet found any food and can't make clothes. AS it stands to date I can spawn, collect some wood and stones and then basically die from hunger or exposure. Have yet t to try to hit a dino as I have not been able to craft a weapon. Not feeling it just yet...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You can collect berries for food, not sure which key you have to push on PC but it's Y on the xbone. A camp fire is the first port of call for warmth, clothes are a later unlock. You can't place it within a certain range of someone else's structure though, maybe you can find a ready made one you can use?

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Also, that bird was probably a dodo, I've not cone across a level 40 anything just yet, where did you spawn? There are hard, medium and easy areas.

You don't have to go straight for dinos for your protein, there are fish in the water that are usually easy to kill. Keep an eye out for alligators, piranhas and some type of sailfish varient though.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ta for the heads up. Fishing sounds better as I tended to end up on a coastline everytime. Bird thing was more of the big clawed flying eagle type thing about the size of a tranny van. Dodo was more a walking, useless fake bird type affair wasn't it?
    I seem to remember that the berries I was finding seem to be either for dying stuff or sedatives. Better to sleep unto death than just shiver away I suppose..

Will have to check the spawns difficulty too; sounds like I might have dropped into a l33t zone? I just scrolled down the list and picked a random one.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You always spawn on a beach, all the crazy shit is further inland.

Just checked the server browser, loads with only a handful of players in them. I could weep with joy. What's the score then? Should I pick a server and make a start then we all meet up when we can or do I wait until we can all get on?

How many are on Xbone BTW, me Franny and Nexx, maybe Gaz and Djorn on the fence?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    EU-XboxOfficialServer321 is where I'm making a start. Already met a nice chap on the beach.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Shame you'll have to start again.
  • I actually want a Bone for this.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A beam of light thing appeared right next to me on the first day, instant leg up:
    IMG_20151224_152619604_HDR_zpsqkrkcdaf.jpg

It contained a proper bed too, just had to build my shack and I was all set. The guy on the beach has become a proper pest though. I shouldn't have encouraged him by giving him some clobber and feeding him, he's built his gaff uncomfortably close to my digs.

I've just logged off and tried to test the bookmarking and whether or not getting back in was easy but it couldn't find any servers at all so that's grand. They should rename this ERK.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!