Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Rocket League is a game I love to watch but can't be arsed playing. Watching Kronovi play on Twitch is pure holy shit.
  • My housemate has just got a new PC, it's a beast (installed his EVGA GTX 970 this evening) but mine is still better and our other mate has just upgraded so we were looking for some MP gaming.
    Rocket League seems made for what we are after.
  • Deadline end Jan. Give people slight chance to play games.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Monique Fierce Shoniqua, no one puts her in a cage.

If I needed to exile someone in post apocalyptic land I'd put them in a giant scrap metal hamster ball to roam in.
  • Not Monique.
    Her attitude can melt steel.
  • 1. Bloodborne

My first experience with a 'Dark Souls' game. Loved every second of it.

2. Fallout 4

Immersive, awesome and it's Fallout.

3. N/A

4. N/A

5. N/A
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm still thinking about this after 4 hrs of Xenoblade last night but things in flux. Has been a good year for sure
  • Battlefront not on any lists? Is it really that lacking in content? (Still haven't played it)
  • I can't think of all that many games, but Affordable Space Adventures, Captain Toad (Aus 2015) and MGSV will probably be in there.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    XIII wrote:
    Battlefront not on any lists? Is it really that lacking in content? (Still haven't played it)

I think it's more that the consensus is it's "fun" but not really at the tier of yer Bloobornes / MGS5 / Witcher / Mario Maker etc. As I said, it has been quite a year
  • regmcfly wrote:
    XIII wrote:
    Battlefront not on any lists? Is it really that lacking in content? (Still haven't played it)

I think it's more that the consensus is it's "fun" but not really at the tier of yer Bloobornes / MGS5 / Witcher / Mario Maker etc. As I said, it has been quite a year

Yep there have been some crackers.

• XIII wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    XIII wrote:
    Battlefront not on any lists? Is it really that lacking in content? (Still haven't played it)
    Not having a go at you per se but... OMFG.
    I wish people would stop saying this shit.
    Almost all of them havent played it or just played the BETA and seem to be completely unaware what a BETA is.

The game comes with technically 16 maps out of the box.
    2x deathmatch style maps 1x large scale map and 1x fighter squadron air map (I will concede this one is a bit of a stretch), for every planet (4 of them) and theyve just given away a further 3 maps based on The Force Awakens planet.
    There are 9 game modes that vary from large scale battles to quick small team matches.

There are some very shallow singleplayer modes, but they are really meagre and wont hold many peoples attention for long.
    I suspect that at some time we might get a big update with some more fleshed out singleplayer stuff. But that's just a feeling.

There are more free maps, weapons and other stuff coming in the future which has been confirmed by the dev.

The game isnt deep at all. It's not Battlefield, it's not going to appeal to the hardcore but it is LOTS OF FUN.
    It harks back to the more arcadey multiplayer games like Perfect Dark, Goldeneye or even Quake.

And... Star Wars.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • 1 - Bloodborne 2 - Witcher 3 3 - FM16 4 - MGSV 5 - Fallout 4 Don't think I've played anything else new so bar the top three other two are lumped on because.
    Is FM16 a good vintage?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • 16 maps isnt a huge amount and with no singleplayer campaign to speak of thats a fairly meagre offering IMO.Admittedly, I've only played the beta. but according to giant bomb the game is shallow as a Kardashian. Everything I've heard about the game pretty much agrees that the once the initial shine wears off there isnt much there to retain interest. Doesnt sound like GOTY material to me.
    I love me a bit of star wars and I welled up at the xwing advert like everyone else but found little reason to play the beta beyond a few matches(the core action loop of Destiny for example is much more satisfying and fun).All the talk around the game has not enticed me into trying the full product.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • The game of the year awards 

Rocket league on bone in febuary. ;)
  • pantyfire wrote:
    XIII wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    XIII wrote:
    Battlefront not on any lists? Is it really that lacking in content? (Still haven't played it)
    Not having a go at you per se but... OMFG.
    I wish people would stop saying this shit.
    Almost all of them havent played it or just played the BETA and seem to be completely unaware what a BETA is.

The game comes with technically 16 maps out of the box.
    2x deathmatch style maps 1x large scale map and 1x fighter squadron air map (I will concede this one is a bit of a stretch), for every planet (4 of them) and theyve just given away a further 3 maps based on The Force Awakens planet.
    There are 9 game modes that vary from large scale battles to quick small team matches.

There are some very shallow singleplayer modes, but they are really meagre and wont hold many peoples attention for long.
    I suspect that at some time we might get a big update with some more fleshed out singleplayer stuff. But that's just a feeling.

There are more free maps, weapons and other stuff coming in the future which has been confirmed by the dev.

The game isnt deep at all. It's not Battlefield, it's not going to appeal to the hardcore but it is LOTS OF FUN.
    It harks back to the more arcadey multiplayer games like Perfect Dark, Goldeneye or even Quake.

And... Star Wars.

I can't wait to play it mate. Just reading a LOT of negative stuff about it last few days (not on here)

I will wait until my brother is bored with it and have a long borrow.
  • Battlefront seems like one to rent from Blockbuster.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Have you just made a savage joke.
  • It's ok it happened to me twice.
  • My top games this year are:

1. Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
    2. Hearthstone

Honourable mentions:

MGS V
    Fallout 4

I can't put these games on my actual list, because I don't think they were good enough, both games abandoned things that long time fans of the series liked in the pursuit for wider mass appeal, and as a result were worse for it. 

Fuck the DLC rule as well, otherwise this year nothing I played was worthy of actual merit and that saddens me.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • pantyfire wrote:

Sounds a little like Splatoon which most people seem to love.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I don't want a deep, Battlefield experience.  I just want something I can jump into and shoot the bad/good guys, with loads of Star Wars atmosphere thrown in.  Sounds perfect.

But I don't want to shell out an extra £50 for stuff.  Is it just enough owning the game without having to buy the extra stuff?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Where's the fucking spreadsheet Elf
  • I'm a bit disappointed with elf's contribution.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd offer to do it but people would hate my rules
  • Yeah, I'll stick with elf thanks. I'm a bit stuck on my list, it's been a good games year.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The lesser of two evils
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You guys don't know what you're missing

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!