Every Month is Metal Month Solid
  • I've never played MGS4 so will probably jump in for that.
  • MGS 2 is my favourite. That game thematically is soooooo fucking pertinent today.

1) Filter bubbles
    2) Idiot Gamers.
  • IDEA FOR THREAD:

ORGANISE MULTIPLAYER PEACE WALKERS.

That game: I just trundled through it and was fucked because my gun was a pea shooter for the last level. What the FAUCK
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's an idea
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Great then I can earn that final Camaraderie trophy and platinum the bastard.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, MGS 2 isn't just the worst MGS, but one of the least fun games I've ever played. Absolute arse.

However, I'll play through 3 again on my 3DS. I've been thinking about doing another run through. Should I start from scratch or do New Game+?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't really like Twin Snakes.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't really like Twin Snakes.

Man, I know not liking MGS2 makes me the black sheep of the forum, but that's just wrong. Ban request.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Twin Snakes is not proper Kojima, so I say fair enough.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Additional ban request.
  • I also don't really like Twin Snakes. Much prefer OG MGS, less silly bullettime nonsense in cutscenes and a little less silliness overall.
    And yes, I'm aware that any Kojima game is batshit mental but for me Twin  snakes just ruined my memory of the OG
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • You and me Dante, let's stand strong and say Twin Snakes is a bit naff.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    I've never played MGS4 so will probably jump in for that.
    M

Good luck. You're in for a treat when you can actually control Snake and play the game. It just doesn't happen much. 

And hope you have the patience of a saint for those cutscenes. Specially the ending.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, MGS 2 isn't just the worst MGS, but one of the least fun games I've ever played. Absolute arse.

1435045032931_zpshmd9favb.jpg
  • Twin Snakes is great, but it does feel like a parody at times during cutscenes. Snake jump roundhousing Rex while yelling "KIIIICK" is a but much... but i mostly don't like some of the smaller things, like peoples accents changing etc. game itself is awesome.

Metal gear 2 will be looked at in many years time and talked about forever. it bends brains.
  • MGS 2 is my favourite. That game thematically is soooooo fucking pertinent today.

1) Filter bubbles
    2) Idiot Gamers.

2 is amazing. Love it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I do this about once every 18 months or so, really making me wish I had my PS3 here so I could join in, have fun though
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I'm loathe to play through 2 again because the controls just don't work well on the Xbox, but I've spent about ten-twenty hours over the past month watch and reading breakdowns of the plot, themes and design so I might power through.

Here's one tiny neat thing about MGS2:
    Spoiler:

In fact I recommend everyone watch Matthewmatosis and SuperBunnyHop's relevant MGS vids either before or after playing each game, depending on your preference. They're great, and fairly comprehensive.
  • The spolier's cool. You realise that
    Spoiler:
  • That's part of the surface, but it goes way deeper -
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Rose causes me massive confusion still in Sons to this day. I can't tell for the life of me when she's actually her or when she's a simulation. Or if there's even a change.

One of the many reasons 4 is shit is how neither her nor Campbell answer any of these questions.
  • 4 is a weird one. story wise you can tell kojima was trying to end the series. 

i too was confused about Rose in the last part of 2.
  • Spoiler:

I might make notes on it the next time I play to see how I feel about it all. 4 is definitely an odd one, but there's no reason to expect Colonel and Rose to comment on things they didn't know happened. Campbell didn't know The Patriots used his face to control Raiden, did he?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You'd have thought Raiden would have some kind of unofficial debriefing afterwards. Even if that's just confiding in his then wife and trained psychologist or recounting his experience in Big Shell with Snake before they part ways. The way people act, including Snake, in MGS4 and even Maverick colleagues in Rising suggest he's never told anyone about what he actually went through in the Shell or whos orders he was following.

Wasn't Rose assigned by the pats to chat him up in the first place? Presumably so they could create the AI of her with no discrepancies with his own experience. So she can recount the story of them going to the empire state building for example.

Even when they meet in Arsenal Gear does Snake suspect or acknowledge Raiden is in codec calls with someone who isn't the colonel? I can't remember it ever coming up.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Why the fuck does Raiden get back with Rose after that game.
  • When you're in Arsenal Gear, Snake activates infinite ammo, is somehow in his sneaking suit, and code is spilling into the world. Who knows.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Why the fuck does Raiden get back with Rose after that game.

Because they have a connection. A lot of that game is about humanity transcending simulation/being reduced to information
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The whole Arsenal Gear segment being VR up until post Rays fight argument is a strong one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!