Send message
    No such thing will happen.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Badgerhop, I make the app.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • It'd just be "on this day 10 years ago finky totally called it" every god damn day.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • I joined the maroon room in 2006. 

First post was a contribution to a list thread, to my shame.

Made it in Online/Offline once...

Cant believe it been this long, so much has changed since then. 

I love this place :)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I know a gaming Mike, but I don't think it's you.
  • I suppose when I think "argue with Mod" I picture a multipage bickerstorm the descends into namecalling, and I neva dun that.
  • I made it into online/offline once, but my comment was so badly edited it didn't make sense. Cheers Edge.
  • Skondo wrote:
    I didn't make sense. Cheers Edge.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • I don't remember when my first post was, I think it was just before I got my 360 with PGR3.
    First game online was with Badgers on CoDMW, remember having a lovely chat with JimmyTheLips too.
    This forum has always been the first place I visit in the mornings and one of the last things I check at night. It's just become part of life for me, I've made several very good friends from here and thanks to one or two of you I've gotten through some very difficult times in life.

The in jokes, the vocabulary and word filtered insults, they've all become part of my lexicon.
    Lost track of the amount of people I've called "utter badger" only to have them look at me in confusion.

I type this as I'm drinking my morning coffee from my Edge forum mug, someone more talented that I please can you make some sort of 10 year anniversary shirt or mug?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    I suppose when I think "argue with Mod" I picture a multipage bickerstorm the descends into namecalling, and I neva dun that.

As I recall - and I'm hardly repping the Olay - it was more him having at you, and you...

tumblr_nih38tjykr1rfzg5po1_400.gif
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Good old mod. I was really quite fond of him.

Like not in a cute or ironic way. I R ELL
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    When he wasn't sawtoothing, he was a very helpful person.
  • 10 years already?
    Sheesh, time does fly when you're having fun.
    Can't remember if Edge ever quoted me tbh and if they did what it was about. I hope it wasn't anything realdoll related.

If I were in London now I'd happily have a beer with you luvly folk.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Mod was decent enough with the one terrible flaw that he couldn't bear to lose an argument and would sink to any depth to avoid it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Almost ten.

But we've cycled down here now, so we might as well hang around till opening time. It is the tenth year; I haven't lost me marbles completely.
  • Escape wrote:
    I suppose when I think "argue with Mod" I picture a multipage bickerstorm the descends into namecalling, and I neva dun that.
    As I recall - and I'm hardly repping the Olay - it was more him having at you, and you... tumblr_nih38tjykr1rfzg5po1_400.gif

After his meltdown here he apparently badgered the Ars Technica lot posting there.
    He seems an ok guy (on Steam of all places) but he can be a Badger with a capital B.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Mod was decent enough with the one terrible flaw that he couldn't bear to lose an argument and would sink to any depth to avoid it.

Say 'I'm going to sink the bear!'. SAY IT!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I do recall getting chatting to some lad and his mates on the lash in Derby, they all came back to mine to play games and doze off on my sofa

Turns out it was Tempy, I don't think he'd yet at that point joined the forum
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Nicely groomed, was he?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah just before I pressed enter, I thought, hmmm, phrasing, oh well
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Think it was around 2005 I joined, I was at uni then and in prime game playing time.

Gears 1 was my baptism of fire for online gaming, people getting very into it, arguments spilling out onto the forum, people called all sorts of names.... Then came THE LEAGUE. It was truly the best of times and the worst of times.

Since joining I've had a kid, moved to a few places and now have a fiancé. Crazy. Still feel I should organise a Bristol based meet up, think there's a few of us from round here.

I think this place changed how I view games forever.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Turts is that way, finky and I are down the road in Bournemouth, at least I guess finky is still here
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Stupid question but was that Turtle making birds out of lego on the documentary last week
  • No idea dude.

Also I remember Unlikely calling me a cunt or whatever when I first joined...think we got into an argument about online/offline
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Never had the pleasure, but I did enjoy the blokes virtual company. Send him a kiss from me if anyone is still in touch with him
  • Unlikely called anyone and everyone a cunt most likely because he didn't believe in anonymous online social etiquette and status.
    He literally judged people on the content of their posts.
    Never had a problem with him tho', I guess he liked my input.
    Seemed like an honest enough guy to me.

Where did he go anyway?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    To be fair all we know of each other is the content of their posts. Seems the clearest way to judge someone over the internet
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Unlikely called anyone and everyone a cunt most likely because he didn't believe in anonymous online social etiquette and status.
    He literally judged people on the content of their posts.
    Never had a problem with him tho', I guess he liked my input.
    Seemed like an honest enough guy to me.

Where did he go anyway?

Me and him went and got drunk in a cocktail bar in Edinburgh where we ordered the most expensive cocktail (£16 each) and then I stole his belt.

He left the forum shortly after
  • Hot coffee was partially to blame?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    Unlikely called anyone and everyone a cunt most likely because he didn't believe in anonymous online social etiquette and status. He literally judged people on the content of their posts. Never had a problem with him tho', I guess he liked my input. Seemed like an honest enough guy to me. Where did he go anyway?
    Me and him went and got drunk in a cocktail bar in Edinburgh where we ordered the most expensive cocktail (£16 each) and then I stole his belt. He left the forum shortly after

Is he as fat as he claimed to be?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!