PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Still waiting on that Reg special
  • I joined the forum and then they closed it.  probably just a coincidence.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • 2007 for me. Halo 3 and MW. The best year for games and when I bought my first laptop.
  • Always remember my first forum online game. Gremill added me as a friend. My first words: "fucking hell is everyone on the forum scottish?"
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The proportion was pretty damn high
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My first post was about why the Wii was a great idea and fuck you all I was right
  • My first Xbox Live experiences were with forum members. Back then every time i sent or received a friend request i would also invite them for a private chat.
  • Some kind of interview?
  • I guess so. At the time it felt friendly and polite. I think the first person i spoke to was someone called JordanLuke. I dont know if he posts anymore
  • If I were invited to a private chat as soon as I requested someone, and the first question was "so...do you like Techno?" I'd be thinking it was a very specific type of friendly
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    "I need my gamers cornered and alone".
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • First question is always asl
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh yer, 2005 wannit.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    My first post was about this game

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earache:_Extreme_Metal_Racing

and the band Beecher, I'd not long been to their farewell show so must have been Feb/Mar 2006
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I don't remember my first post, or exactly when it was. Knowing me, it was unnecessarily abrasive. I did post an adaption of MLK's "I have a dream" speech pretty early on.
  • I joined on Jan 6th 2006, I remember arguing with google about something.

I post less than most and i've never actually met any of you but I remember most of these things.

Who was it, playing gears one time, looked out the window (to their neighbors house) only to discover another forumite was playing in the same game? I know gonzo will know, and they're probably still around.
  • Haha

Remember epic games of advance wars by web with subbax and pause. They lasted months!

Just think in another ten someone will resurrect this thread and say "honds"
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It was me, and I was playing with Major Otaku. That was somewhat surreal. I think it was a break between games, it came up about where I was from, and he said, I'm from there too, whereabouts? So I gave the area (which is also a road name) and he said oh, I live just off there on X street.

There was a brief pause before I went thats my street, I'm the one with the master chief vinyl in the window. Where are you? Look out of the window he says, so I go to the front door to see some bloke leaning out of an upstairs window almost literally across the road waving at me.
  • Lol
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It was me, and I was playing with Major Otaku. That was somewhat surreal. I think it was a break between games, it came up about where I was from, and he said, I'm from there too, whereabouts? So I gave the area (which is also a road name) and he said oh, I live just off there on X street. There was a brief pause before I went thats my street, I'm the one with the master chief vinyl in the window. Where are you? Look out of the window he says, so I go to the front door to see some bloke leaning out of an upstairs window almost literally across the road waving at me.

That is pure quality! If a little unnerving...
  • It was me, and I was playing with Major Otaku. That was somewhat surreal. I think it was a break between games, it came up about where I was from, and he said, I'm from there too, whereabouts? So I gave the area (which is also a road name) and he said oh, I live just off there on X street. There was a brief pause before I went thats my street, I'm the one with the master chief vinyl in the window. Where are you? Look out of the window he says, so I go to the front door to see some bloke leaning out of an upstairs window almost literally across the road waving at me.
    Aha! The famous gears smoke breaks!

This is what I played on back then:

GMuU4OSm.jpg
  • You're lucky. They don't usually allow TVs and stuff in the isolation cells.
  • That room was great! Nostalgia makes it even better!

Some epic moments in there. Online gaming will never be as good again.

(shame I had to get a hd tv to properly play DR).
  • Don't a couple of people have the old forum backed up? @beano, maybe?  I'd be interested to know when my first post was. I bought my first 360 in October 2008, so it was definitely before then, but by how long I couldn't honestly say.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Petey has it somewhere.
  • Ooh, I remember arguing with Mod about whether or not the iPhone would invalidate handheld games consoles. I think some of that discussion took place before its UK launch, November 2007.
  • Tune in shortly for another exciting episode of Andy tries to figure out something nobody else cares about.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Ooh, I remember arguing with Mod about whether or not the iPhone would invalidate handheld games consoles. I think some of that discussion took place before its UK launch, November 2007.
    That's like remembering that night follows day.

• Nice anecdote, Dante.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!