Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There must be some anal type. Andy, I bet.
  • Christ. That's a while. 

Amazing so many are still here. I've just moved house and the hardest thing about it was facing what to do with the hundreds of Edge issues I have stashed. There' some great online/offline stuff in there somewhere, but it's doubtful I'll ever get the chance to get them out and go through them. I used to love getting a new issue and seeing if I'd made it.

It's going to rip a small piece of my soul away getting rid of that lot, but I just can't carry that kind of weight any more. 

Anyone want the job lot? Pick up only of course lol...
  • I think reg won
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I got rid of my stash a couple of years ago. Only kept a few nice special issues. It was liberating binning them.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    I thought this was August, but whatever. A fucking decade.

I bet @krs knows, but I recall Ian being the first to join on the 30th of May, and the first batch of us a few days later.

back then it always seemed a competition to create the next months online / offline

Because it was!
  • I thought August too, but maybe it was just really quiet for a couple of months.

I think I joined in September. My first post was in online/offline - a longish thing, the basic gist of which was that PES 4 had a better story than Halo 2.

10 years on and I don't think I've had a break of more than a couple of weeks at a time from our various incarnations. It's been a constant presence in my life, and very welcome.
  • Gosh, i was a heartbroken fascist back then. How times change. Now im an entitled communist
  • My online offline score was either 2 or 3. In the absence of any hard data I declare myself the winner and the one true king.

Happy anniversary all.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • My one and only appearance was in September or October of that year I think. Still remember it. It was a post about pointing out the Manhunt cover to my then girlfriend (now wife and mother to our two kids!) and she yelled out loud in the Game store. We were discussing game covers I believe.

I managed to get quoted in a couple of the best games special issues.
  • I remember picking up issues of Edge in a newsy in Oz to catch up when I was gallivanting around, and I actually had a subscription when living in NZ, but I rarely posted on the forum in those days, especially as mobile browsing was next to useless then. 

The advent of decent internets and phones have made it easier to hook up with you lot . I'm more of a presence these last few years and it's a great thing indeed. Hard to believe where the years have gone. 

The alternative to this place would probably be Facebook and that gives me shivers. The great Edge magazine purge will begin shortly, and no doubt take me the best part of the day sifting through to find my favourite issues, and they'll mostly be the ones with badgers in.

Good times.
  • I remember the old forum, the og one. Never strayed but always whored myself out to the mk forum. So I must be upto 10 years or more. 

Really like this place. lol@reg - the baby food thing was hilarious
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Happy anniversary! :)

(I joined in October '08, but I'd lurked for a while)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I might get photos of the best online/offline as I go through the issues and post them up on this shizzle.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If you are doing that, I had to bin a pile a couple of years ago. If you have Sept/Oct 2011, could you take a snap of the letters page, I missed that magazine due to subscription renewal. It had a letter from C Beard on it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    June's issue was the first to include 'online' in its systems on the cover. So if I'm right, July's should have the first Online/Offline.
  • Kow wrote:
    There must be some anal type. Andy, I bet.
    I am anal, but about recycling. I dumped mine earlier than most.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Can't remember when I joined - doubt it was that long ago. I'm a Johnny-come-lately.

Read Edge since Issue 0 but dumped that sub and the magazines long ago. I still have the Edge Files and the few specials they did but that's it.

Finest forum on the net.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Real question is who is Pharyngeal on Drowned in Sound.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I've only been around for eight years so I'm still a noob.
    Get schwifty.
  • Was there back in the original, before off topic even existed, then went away for a bit. Then came back. Still here, though only because no one else likes me. I think.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I lurked Maroon before joining, back then it always seemed a competition to create the next months online / offline
    Normally won by Cinty IIRC, I was lurking a while and then started chatting to lightswitch sam and the rest became history Cheers ladies and gents, been a busy time, and I'm glad to have shared it with you all, I shall raise a drink after work

Nah man, I only got in there once...or maybe twice. My threads often got used, I think, but the favouritist  master race at Edge towers had wetties for Reg. My comment was me correctly declaring that invisible enemies in games are dumb, always. 

As for you lot, been a pleasure.

P.S.

Cocky, we won. Last Guardian, bra! When everyone else gave up,me held firm. This one was totally done just for us. When I saw that go up, instantly thought of you...then thought of g when Shenmue 3 was announced. Happy Badgersmas.
  • Still going. He transcribes everything. Even the reasons to questions where they think he is being a twat. He's a big gamergate supporter as well. But he is still going. So hats off to him.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Simon Parkin, Sony and the CEX Conundrum
    By prankster101 on 07 December 2014

Can't let it go can he
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's kinda what I meant, was always your threads

And yes, can't wait to play with eaglecatdude and we're playing you guys Halloween
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I won the online offline. We know this. I think I was in about 8-9 times.

I used to keep the issues I was in.
    Fucking fandan
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm pretty sure I wasn't far behind.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Remember when a new person came on and we'd show them the fucking ropes
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yes, a noose.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!