Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    This game is a steaming pile of humble pie, forced directly into my face. I thought hours of prancing around in Dark Souls with nothing but a rapier would prepare me for the no-shield combat style, but apparently not.
    The janitor.
  • Any tips on getting through the Old Yarnham area?
    Spoiler:
  • danclarke wrote:
    Any tips on getting through the Old Yarnham area?
    Spoiler:

When you fight him, or getting to him?
  • Syph79 wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Spoiler:

Getting to
  • Just take your time. The gun doesn't fire constantly. Find a safe spot, use pebbles to draw out enemies and take them on where it's safe. Then move to the next safe spot
  • The bloody hunter chaps are doing my head in (if that's what they're called?) any tips?
  • Stopharage wrote:
    The bloody hunter chaps are doing my head in (if that's what they're called?) any tips?

In which area?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm assuming OY. Just treat them like a mini FG. Dodge attack parry. Have you perfected your parry move yet?
  • danclarke wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Spoiler:

Getting to
    It's easy enough to make a path around him using buildings / trees / status etc as cover for taking out the mobs.

I'd suggest not killing him, apparently it pays dividends layer later (I killed him unfortunately).
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'm assuming OY. Just treat them like a mini FG. Dodge attack parry. Have you perfected your parry move yet?

That helped, cheers. Been foolishly neglecting my parry.
  • danclarke wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Getting to

Sprint past everything.
  • Are you using the ladder down?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Few more attempts at FG tonight, had him down to a few strikes a couple of times before getting caught by his triple strike stun lock of doom. Never got too frustrated though, had one great run where I parried him 4 times before fluffing my lines at the end. Bastard will die next time.

Incidentally, anyone used throwing knives at all? My build is high Skill and they appear to double as parry ammo, haven't actually tried yet, just spotted them before I turned the game off tonight.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • I'm stocking up on them for my second build.
  • I also randomly parried CB with a Molotov the other day, what gives slags? If pebbles turn out to be uber parry tools I will probably do a shit.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Cody build, top tier.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Few more attempts at FG tonight, had him down to a few strikes a couple of times before getting caught by his triple strike stun lock of doom. Never got too frustrated though, had one great run where I parried him 4 times before fluffing my lines at the end. Bastard will die next time. Incidentally, anyone used throwing knives at all? My build is high Skill and they appear to double as parry ammo, haven't actually tried yet, just spotted them before I turned the game off tonight.
    Roujin wrote:
    I also randomly parried CB with a Molotov the other day, what gives slags? If pebbles turn out to be uber parry tools I will probably do a shit.

What's going on there is bosses have weak points that if damaged enough cause the stagger state. If you wail on CBs head he'll keel over for the parry eventually. Don't know if item throws can parry regular dudes. Cool thing with knives though  - they actually scale with your skill. Higher skill = more deadly knife throw. Really like that new mechanic in this (for those this means nothing to, look for letters like A, B, C and so on on the item description. A is the second best scale, S rank is the best.)
  • Got up the tower to the Gatling man. Seems he's quite efficient at stabbing you through the heart instantly as well.

Also - anyone used the flamethrower? I got it early on but haven't done anything with it
  • danclarke wrote:
    Got up the tower to the Gatling man. Seems he's quite efficient at stabbing you through the heart instantly as well.
    Spoiler:
  • tin_robot wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Got up the tower to the Gatling man. Seems he's quite efficient at stabbing you through the heart instantly as well.
    Spoiler:

I ignored him till later.
    When I came back though
    Spoiler:

But iv killed him now.
  • Gascoigne down first try tonight. Could have had a lovely parry kill again but my trigger finger got too hype and I ended up plugging him with another shot. Still, get fucked, onwards and upwards.

Love this game.
  • I spent some time working through the area around the Cathedral - seems quite handy for levelling up quickly (although I'm at level 30 - not sure I've overdone it given I've only beaten 2 bosses)

I bought the badge that opens the gate at the top of the steps near the cathedral and I've managed to find some Church clothing - going to push on more this weekend.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Done 4th boss, was a bit of a frustrating fight, had him on the ropes at one point and died stupidly.
    Spoiler:

Had a lot of fun running around and found a great secret room that I'd missed before. Contained a weapon I hadn't heard of before.
    Spoiler:
  • Where was the church clothing Dan?
  • n0face wrote:
    Where was the church clothing Dan?

Apologies in advance for the awful descriptions of enemies:
    Spoiler:
  • are people still playing this?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'd have thought so.
  • Yes, plenty of us. I just got to NG+ and can't wait to jump back in tonight.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I am glad others got some joy out of it, it was probably the most frustrating 7 hours of gaming I have ever experienced
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • How very magnanimous of you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!