Fallout 4
  • That's a shout.
    I do enjoy giving Momma Murphy an overdose, would happily gun down the rest of the mopey bastards.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Looks like the patch on PC is causing loads of issues. Think I’ll wait until Bethesda have patched the patch.
  • By all accounts this update just hasn't delivered at all.

There are legacy issues such as the flickery distant objects that were there in the last gen, and they're still there in the so-called next gen version.

This update was delayed and delayed and just about made the release to coincide with the Amazon TV adaptation which has been incredibly well received, but Bethesda squander all this good faith by releasing this updated version that has textures missing in the free DLC content, I mean seriously what the f***!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I mean…it’s Bethesda…?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    I mean…it’s Bethesda…?

You don't get a free pass because of your brand name.
  • I saw that the update isn't working for PS Plus users too.
    Classic Bethesda.

People will put their tin foil hats on and say it's because of the Xbox buyout but Bethesda have always been a nightmare and double that for Playstation.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think the PS5 thing is more Sony's handling of cross-gen combined with PS Plus has always been a bit of a minefield with many games not working due to complexities in the licensing processes.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I saw that the update isn't working for PS Plus users too.
    Classic Bethesda.

People will put their tin foil hats on and say it's because of the Xbox buyout but Bethesda have always been a nightmare and double that for Playstation.

Fallout 3 on PS3 was incredible. I mean that in the literal sense of the word.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Decided to load the patch on PC, what's the worse that can happen right? And... it's ok, it's fine. It now supports ultrawide, which is what I wanted it for and the gameplay is smooth and doesn't seem to have affected any of my mods. But I got to Concord, went into the building and waited about 45 seconds for the interior to load, cleared out the raiders than another minute for the rooftop (outside) to load and I think... I just can't be arsed. There is just no reason, on a super duper SSD that load times should be so shit. Think I'm done with it, I'll wait until Fallout 5.

Edit - oh yeah, they also just stretched the UI across the ultrawide so everything looks squished... top work guys.
  • I actually quite enjoyed F4 at launch more than a lot of people seemed to, once I escaped the fuckwits in Sanctuary of course.
    Loved F3 and NV. Along with Skyrim.

I think I'm just over the Bethesda thing now. They have kinda stood still at the same time I've moved on I suppose. I have 0 hype for ES6 or F5 now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    F3, NV (which is Obsidian, but whatever) and Skyrim were all 100+ hours of joy for me.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I mean…it’s Bethesda…?

You don't get a free pass because of your brand name.

No, I was saying I can’t believe any of you would expect anything different.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’ve been playing F4 on Series X quite a bit over the last week. The Xbox FPS boost thingy made the whole experience buttery smooth. Then the “upgrade” happened, and now the frame rate has tanked, and even saving is taking so long I start to wonder if the game has crashed. Even VATS seems wonky now where it wasn’t before.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Wild. The big success of the TV show handed them an easy win. They didn't have to lift a finger and sales were spiking, albeit at a discounted price point but for a ten year old game (or even longer for NV) it's all good.

But they've managed to fuck it up by getting involved. It wasn't properly verified on the Deck, but worked well anyway. Now it's verified and they've gimped the frame rates etc? How happen?

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
  • It's crazy isn't it.
    We're people even asking for an update? Mods had almost everything covered.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I honestly don’t recall the loading being as bad as this last time I played.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It’s reached new levels of shite. I just played through a whole fight where I was lucky to get two frames per second. I’m not even joking. It was like a picture book. Before this update frame rate was utterly perfect.
    Get schwifty.
  • I expect we'll see Digital Foundry ripping them a new one shortly.
  • Let's not forgot they also fucked over the Fallout London guys too who were ready to launch last weekend
    Of course Bethesda don't have to work directly with modders but the could have. They have never even acknowledged the team

They could have got involved with them a year ago and maybe helped get it on console too.

That would have given them a new piece of content to sit alongside the TV show, the only new bit of content in near a decade and probably 15-20 years until the next bit.
  • I've read a bit about the PC upgrade and it doesn't fix anything - just adds extra long load times, adds a rubbish ultrawide mode, and breaks all the mods users were previously using.

So, unless you are a masochist who played vanilla, the PC update is a worse experience in every possible way.

But hey, Bethesda have a rep to protect.

I'm playing the PS5 version (never played 4 before) and it will be interesting to read over the next few weeks about all the new things they've managed to break.

It's a shame as they were good once but they are a full on parody company now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The ultrawide mode was important for me as the OG just didn’t handle it at all. Either have a window or just have it fixed arbitrarily on the screen. But yep the loading times were atrocious.

May give the PS5 version a go.
  • There was is a mod for proper ultra wide.

Anyone playing a vanilla Bethesda game is just asking for trouble. Fan patches/mods are a must - even if it's just those that fix all the bugs in the quests.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    There was is a mod for proper ultra wide.

Anyone playing a vanilla Bethesda game is just asking for trouble. Fan patches/mods are a must - even if it's just those that fix all the bugs in the quests.

Sorry, but this ain't it chief. If you're on a console, you don't have that luxury.

It also shouldn't be on the community to make a functional playable game.

• I expect we'll see Digital Foundry ripping them a new one shortly.

It's Todd playing 6 dimensional chess. Make Fallout 4 so bad that Starfield will look good.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • He’s a son of a beach alright.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • He's the new Peter molyniex (remember him?)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Played for Wolves?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Shit series.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    There was is a mod for proper ultra wide.

Sorry, but this ain't it chief. If you're on a console, you don't have that luxury.

It also shouldn't be on the community to make a functional playable game.

We were talking about the PC version - obviously.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My PS5 version upgraded no problem. Can’t recall ever buying the game on the PS4. And the loading times are great. 2 to 3 seconds between interior and exteriors. Gonna give it another go.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!