Episodic Games (Now with a decent OP)
  • Probably deserves a thread to call its own... Not a single person on my friends list has played it! Poor form.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've got the season pass on pc. I can't remember where I'd got to though. Still E1 so early days. Was OK.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thing I'll get it Tiger. With all that enthusiasm how could it be bad.
  • Hit a few glitches in episode 2 and a quite annoying GAMEY BIT which have dampened my spirits somewhat.

Still really enjoying it. It's nice to play something so different. Very refreshing.
  • Yeah, I haven't really played any Telltale barring the first episode of the first series of TWD.  Anyway, Life is Strange. Episode 1 finished. I bought the whole series after about 20 minutes playing. I adore it. Absolutely adore it. There are issues with the mechanics of course - the rewinding stuff works well at times and not particularly well at others - but the atmosphere and production style just appeal to me so much. The soundtrack is wonderfully fitting too and emotions are rarely teased out of you this well.  GOTY contender for me, for serious. Lady Tiger watched me for a few minutes and asked if it was a game for teenage girls, and now she's not allowed to talk about games anymore.

It's deffo in with a chance for GoTY for me too.

Can't think of much else at the moment.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just bought Life is Strange on offer on PSN - £12.79 with plus discount.
  • Just finished the last few minutes of Life is Strange episode 2. Life is strange and got in the way for a time.

Tiger crai.
  • I really need to get that, I finished the latest GoT ep, it was merely ok. Definitely hasn't hit the heights of Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us.
  • I'm opening a bottle of wine and playing episode 3 tonight. 

Lovely game.
  • I love chilling out with a bottle of wine and one of these episodic games although it led to some emotional moments while playing The Walking Dead.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    I love chilling out with a bottle of wine and one of these episodic games although it led to some emotional moments while playing The Walking Dead.

Still haven't done TWD, probably because I bought it on the Vita and it's a bit poo.

GoT still to start, about to hit some more LiS now.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    TT GoT is terrible and barely attempts to mask the fact your choices don't matter in the slightest. It'l probably languish in my Steam library at episode 3 till my completionist bug comes nattering.
  • The choices, so far, matter massively in Life is Strange. Really interested to see how it pans out in Episode 3 and for the rest of the series.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LiS is so much better with headphones on. The ambient sound and the music is brilliant.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Episode one of Life is Strange done.

So I'm playing...
    Spoiler:

• Yeah, there are similarities.

I can't see myself playing through again, but I think there must be some huge differences later on given some of the divergence of events possible. Would be interesting.
  • Ah, fucking hell. Just finished Episode 3.

Game continues to impress. Slightly predictable things following the massively unexpected. It's a wonderful story so far and touches the heart more than any other game I've played. I couldn't recommend this enough - Far superior to The Walking Dead, for me.

10/10, so far. Glad Episode 4 isn't too far off.
  • Wow, I'm gonna have to get it, I loved TWD.
  • To be fair, I only played the first episode of The Walking Dead. Heard about the BIG THING and didn't fancy it from there.

This is a beautiful game though. Definitely give it a try. I welled up in Episode 3.
  • How much of that bottle of wine did you get through?
  • On that note, was having a rather heated discussion with Lady Tiger about this. She things I'm a full mental for saying the game is an emotional experience and I don't think she can get past the fact it's a GAME. 

It's involving, and I'm pretty good at opening up my emotional core and letting things affect me. That's a good thing, I think, with any media. Gotta keep dem feels sharp. I surprises me that some people don't, or won't, or perhaps can't, do this.
  • This was just now, drinking coffee!

Disclaier: The Lion King makes me well up.
  • I tried to show TWD to an ex and she couldn't get over that it was a game and looked like a cartoon, I gave up trying to convince her.
  • I almost called Lady Tiger emotionally blunt before I remembered myself.
  • To be fair, I only played the first episode of The Walking Dead. Heard about the BIG THING and didn't fancy it from there. This is a beautiful game though. Definitely give it a try. I welled up in Episode 3.[/quote

I've played through the first 3 episodes of LiS and I think it's far better than The Walking Dead. Seems like there's more choices to make in each episode and the choices aren't quite as shoe-horned in as they were in TWD. Main protagonist and the cast in general are all really believable and anyone who has been through secondary school (or grown up with The Breakfast Club, Bueller etc) can identify the characters immediately.
  • lis is really fucking good.
  • How long is each episode.
  • A couple of hours?
  • Grand, might try episode one tomorrow.
  • There's a trial as well that will take you up to a key moment.

This is becoming one of my favourite ever games.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!