Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    The engine TT use doesn't seem like it has the greatest amount of oompf but there are some great bits of lighting throughout Wolf.
    It's the art, and the lack of any hud. It just captures the feel of the comic.
  • Full lolz Yoss.

Kentucy Zero is not as exciting as I thought. Some great cinematogz and atmosphere though.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Doing some updating to the OP, if anyone has any games they want me to add just drop in some details.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Eurogamer play the demo of Life is Strange - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-26-video-life-is-strange

Haven't watched it, as there are spoilers. Out 31st Jan, liking the look of it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Just started it now.  Only managed 20 minutes.  Unconvinced (world seems a bit annoying; mechanics don't seem brilliant either), but far too early to say for sure.  

Anyone else on it?
  • Squenix were trying to flog it to me. I'm not sure yet.
  • I'm about 45 minutes in, so too early to comment. The beginning had me thinking of Alan Wake which I loved. It's a rather dull world so far, populated by lots of whining teens. Still, it's early days.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep Alan Wake thoughts here too. For about 90 seconds.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    How Telltale is it?

Not at all. Telltale haven't had an original idea in their lives. 

Joking aside it IS pretty 'Telltale' in so far as basically all adventure games are 'Telltale' style now, basically a choose your own adventure. The difference here is that there are a few puzzles scattered about that make use of the rewind time mechanic. 

I absolutely loved 'Life is Strange' though because I'll 'fess up, I'm a sucker for teen melodrama, indie soundtracks and hipster shizz. It's definitely more down to earth and grounded than any of the Telltale games so far, mainly because it takes place in the real world. The mystery plot is at least intriguing, and on a technical standpoint it's great. Recent Telltale games have been so shaky on the technical side that I'm beginning to worry.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I was deciding whether or not to get it. Out of interest did you go full in and buy the season pass? Do you think the story has potential?

As for Telltale I think it depends on the machine running it. Wolf on my PS4 was a great looking smooth as silk game to play.

TWD on my Vita is a bag of shite by comparison.
  • I'm a sucker for teen melodrama, indie soundtracks and hipster shizz.

We'd get on
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I was deciding whether or not to get it. Out of interest did you go full in and buy the season pass? Do you think the story has potential?

As for Telltale I think it depends on the machine running it. Wolf on my PS4 was a great looking smooth as silk game to play.

TWD on my Vita is a bag of shite by comparison.

Yeah I went straight in for the season pass, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't see how it ended and the set up is great, it kind of reminds me of the first season of heroes. With more Polaroids and less cheerleaders.

wolf is great on my pc too, the game of thrones game they're doing has a load of audio bugs and the visuals are lazy as hell. I think they're trying to do too many games at once at this point
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Will give it a go I think, after I clear out all the new games I've got. I've got GoT, just haven't started it.
  • For what it's worth the story is pretty good. I just wish Telltale would get creative with their formula rather than do 'insert IP here' stories.

Was anybody on the face of the planet asking for a funking mineshaft narrative adventure?
  • Tempy wrote:
    I'm a sucker for teen melodrama, indie soundtracks and hipster shizz.
    We'd get on

Knowing you both IRL, definitely!
  • [I'm a sucker for teen melodrama

It's like a mash up of Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's Fire, The Breakfast Club, Class, Ferris Bueller, Sixteen Candles, Footloose and Some Kind of Wonderful. Good Lord, there's a bad evening's viewing right there. Well, except for Class. That's a classic.
  • The Breakfast Club is a stone cold classic.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Breakfast club is bollocks. Catholic Boys is where teen drama is (was).
  • Bad words said about the breakfast club? NAH AH! On topic though, just finished Life is Strange Episode 2. I'm a horrible person and now I feel bad god damn it!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So has the second episode improved on the first?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Catholic Boys just sounds dodge.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Unless you're a priest.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So has the second episode improved on the first?

I'm probably not the best person to ask because I loved the first episode. But the presentation of bullying and depression hit me right in the feels in a big way.
  • I just played the trial for Life is Strange and I ruddy bloody loved it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Just started the TT GoT game. The engine they use is really struggling to handle that first set-piece.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Just started the TT GoT game. The engine they use is really struggling to handle that first set-piece.
    Yeah, I played some of that last night. It seemed pretty good... but you're absolutely right. Creaky.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Ai dunoe. TT games for me are starting to have a very rote structure and it's pissing me off a bit. They have a very unsophisticated attitude to drama which saves them plenty of time and money in voice work and asset production but it limits the payoff. Pretty much all TT games are super lean too which is probably a result of how quickly they produce these games compared to traditional romps.

I love how they still include a side inventory of items you have which is utterly pointless like a fucking appendix. The moments where you actually get to navigate small environments take the piss with items your character literally "looks at" with no lines of dialogue. In traditional point and clicks you can get optional flavour dialogue just by looking at pointless stuff. Lord knows why they even bother coding an interaction here.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    And they really need a new engine for their games. I can't get if the painterly blur effect around most models is on purpose to make the stretched environments look better or it's to differentiate it slightly from TWD.
  • Yeah, I haven't really played any Telltale barring the first episode of the first series of TWD. 

Anyway, Life is Strange. Episode 1 finished. I bought the whole series after about 20 minutes playing.

I adore it. Absolutely adore it. There are issues with the mechanics of course - the rewinding stuff works well at times and not particularly well at others - but the atmosphere and production style just appeal to me so much. The soundtrack is wonderfully fitting too and emotions are rarely teased out of you this well. 

GOTY contender for me, for serious.

Lady Tiger watched me for a few minutes and asked if it was a game for teenage girls, and now she's not allowed to talk about games anymore.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!