Nintendo Pocket Football Club
  • Well done. I'll be asking you for more advice soon I imagine :D
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • 4 games in League 1. Lost first 3 but only 1-0 or 2-1 with 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 formations.
    Went into a home game with a 5-4-1 bus stop/counter attack and won 1-0 by a devious nutmeg of the keeper in the 82nd minute.

Facts learned: focusing on defensive training cards pays off big time. Only offloaded 3 players in the offseason, being players on a downward trend with 2 D attributes or more.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'm in my second season and still getting ducked on but I'm not parking the bus as much.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Enter tournaments to see how you match up against other players! When a tournament is running, go to the Airport, tap Ranking Match and select the tournament. If you meet the conditions for entry, such as reaching the relevant league in single player, and play a qualifying match, you can play against other eligible managers and try to raise your Tournament Ranking! 

Check out these upcoming tournaments!

Tournament

Date

About

Welcome Cup 16/05/2014 14:00 UK time until 01/06/2014 22:59 UK time. Warm up with this opening tournament – anybody can join! 
    International Cup 20/06/2014 14:00 UK time until 06/07/2014 22:59 UK time. Compete with managers across Europe – anybody can join! 

Look out for messages via SpotPass whenever a tournament is available!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • currently sitting pretty in 7th in league one. 

When the stats come up at the start of the match It says i've 29% chance of winning but i keep winning. beaten 3-4-5 places now. 

Team is getting stronger, my from pairing are strong but need to bolster my defense.
  • Sharov got selected for the all start team! No idea what that means in reality but wooohoo
  • is anyone still playing this? I could do with a good defender on the cheap if someones got one. Preferably a center/right back/right footed.
  • I can help you out if you like. I'll post with details tomorrow morning.

Just got a player selected for all stars, and survived my first season in league one after a strong run home.
  • @mk64

Players up (all defenders):
    Sommer - CBABBAB - 1700 (all star)
    Luque - CASABCB - 3800
    Cooper - BCACCBC - 1000
    Cubois - CBBBACB - 550

Be warned though, all have downward trending ability so you might not be able to train them up much more.
  • Hi vela can you out them up? Also check we are added friends? Just checked now but couldn't see those players.
  • I put them up last night I thought and checked you were friends?

What's your code again, I'll double check tonight. Should be around 930 pm my time which I think is about 130pm in England.
  • 3308-4584-1073
  • OK, so we are registered as friends. @mk64

These dudes are now up since Ive been playing a bit:
    Luque CASABCB 3800 - All star
    Sommer CBABAAB 1700 - All star
    Dubois CAABACB 550
    Valero DCABDCB 3000 with lots of potential
    Cooper BCACCBC

I've connected to the friend market today so it should be good to go. My manager/Mii name is Bob.
  • cheers mate, got any midfielders? 

do you need anyone?
  • I'll check tonight but I just came fourth so my budget has grown!

Looking to qualify for Europe next.
  • indeed, i've started the season with 2 wins so i'm hopefully going to be a contender this season. I will put some of my best players up. My strike force is pretty strong.
  • Whee. Came down to the final match day. Claimed 2nd spot by 1 point after a draw; the third place team won that day and had superior goal difference so I couldn't lose.

So that's qualification for Europe sorted.

Currently playing the semi final for the domestic cup against the runaway league winner. (edit - lost 3-0 :( )

And I now have players on zero bars. Going to have to rebuild. :(

Still, budget has just grown by 20k.
  • i've just won the fa cup thing. 

has anyone got any solid midfielders??
  • just picked this up and finished my first season, scraping promotion.
    Any strategy / help much appreciated, less around match time more on the training / buying players side.
    The lemon-tea site is a help with the training but it's pain having to constantly check my cards against it.
    One question - can I change my formation / zones / approach mid game without making a sub?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Pretty sure you need to make a sub to make changes, unless you mean at half time where you can adjust positions.

The only real strategy I found that helped in early days was play the practice games as much as possible in weeks off, keep training your team with the cards and dont sell anyone until their potential drops down to zero. Tempting as it might be, it really slows your progress.

After you win promotion you get more money as youve no doubt found - I used that to buy some good defenders first.
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'm on holidays atm so ask me again in a week. I'll upload some if there's any with good potential.
  • Cheers
  • @mk64 apologies for being a slack bastard. I have uploaded a couple of new players last night but they're not top notch. I've started playing it again after a brief hiatus and will hopefully have some meaningful trades by the end of the week/end.
  • cheers mate, are they midfielders? Thats where i'm lacking atm
  • Not all are. I have a 10000 dollar mf to add later after some training.
  • thanks, I will log in tonight after 9 if you could update before then. I've got some tastey players to share to, either strikers or defenders
  • I'll update around 1400GMT to avoid timezones confusing
  • cheers!!
  • Upload complete. Gunther is the best and Guerra is very handy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!