Now eating/drinking
  • re: fasting

Don't you get realy hungry? Or is that part of the fun?
  • Embrace the hunger.  Some of humankind's greatest inspirations were born on empty stomachs.
  • im currently on a pancake making buzz. nothing fancy just topped with sugar,freshly squeezed lemon.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Made a little late night munch the oher day that was most nice.

Mixed equal quantities of brown sugar, butter and flour. Baked until a bit crunchy and still chewy. Sprinked on top of Greek yogurt and honey.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    weadre wrote:
    re: fasting Don't you get realy hungry? Or is that part of the fun?
    At first.  Once your brain adjusts, you don't really notice.  Eating patterns can be reset.  The odd black coffee/green tea staves any pangs.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye, when I went from three meals a day to one, took my body about two months to adjust.
  • weadre wrote:
    re: fasting Don't you get realy hungry? Or is that part of the fun?

I only felt hungry on the first fast day. I fully expected to wake up ravenous the following morning but was surprised to feel absolutely fine. I just had a cup of tea and finally ate some yoghurt with honey about midday. 

When you do eat again you eat more slowly and considered. Your body just seems to want something light. My plan was to pig out on the non-fasting days but that didn't happen at all. I eat less meat now and more veg and fruit. I'm not actively trying to be healthy but my brain seems to have changed the way I do everything. Everyone's noticed it. I highly recommend you try it for a few of weeks.

Watch this.
  • im currently on a pancake making buzz. nothing fancy just topped with sugar,freshly squeezed lemon.

Lemon and sugar is the best pancake. Good work.
  • Easy gag but I'm hardly above those
  • Holidaying in duck country n0face?
  • I'm in Bethune in northern France chowing down on beer and chips. My sister in laws patents own a foie gras farm and the picture is all the cans at the bottom of their store cupboard.

I just bought 18 bottles of 3 Mont.
    3-monts.jpg
  • re: fasting Don't you get realy hungry? Or is that part of the fun?
    I only felt hungry on the first fast day. I fully expected to wake up ravenous the following morning but was surprised to feel absolutely fine. I just had a cup of tea and finally ate some yoghurt with honey about midday.  When you do eat again you eat more slowly and considered. Your body just seems to want something light. My plan was to pig out on the non-fasting days but that didn't happen at all. I eat less meat now and more veg and fruit. I'm not actively trying to be healthy but my brain seems to have changed the way I do everything. Everyone's noticed it. I highly recommend you try it for a few of weeks. Watch this.

I'm actually kind of intrigued. My main concern is that I'm already a little scrawny, so don't want to be losing any extra weight!

I read a thing about that Horizon thing on the BBC site, the guy wasn't actually fasting, just eating two light meals by the sound of it. Is that what you do, or is it just a total no food situation for the day?
  • Eating two light meals?  I often eat little more than that on a normal day!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • There is a video on his site and someone has "unscared" tattooed on their fingers oh my
  • Wasabi peas.

Eaten too many too fast and have a burning feeling in my nose.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Made Jamie Oliver's Autumn Minestrone tonight. I've made it a few times before, and it's fucking amazing. Seriously, well seasoned, and if you make sure you cook the beans beforehand in the method he recommends, you'll get an amazing smoky sweet flavour to your mix.

Biggest tip there is quite subtle - get the most expensive canned tomatoes you can afford. It makes all the difference. Don't skimp on the red wine or the pancetta either (get proper pancetta, not the cubed pre-packaged kind)

It makes a FUCKLOAD, seriously. That's tomorrow night's dinner and probably more sorted for me and mrs reg. Other pro tip - if you're grating parmesan, keep the rind and chop it up quite small. Add it to the soup at the stock stage. It melts down and you get a wonderful chewy joy when eating.

Brilliant recipe.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    beano wrote:
    Very interesting.  What isn't taken into account is adopting an IF regimen while training (in my case weight training).  Also, the notion that you can eat whatever you want on eating days is folly.  There are many ways to implement IF, he and his followers tried a few similar variations, some people didn't benefit and suddenly he proclaims it a sham?  Bollocks.  I and others here do it to good effect and suffer none of those problems.  Berkhan would not be impressed.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Furthermore, the comments are worth reading.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Further furthermore, that article is over four years old.  IF is more or less accepted now.  Article is rot, in part.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Remember Skez that this is the ACTUAL EATING thread
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Breakfast, peas, bacon, black pudding, spinach, kiwi, walnuts.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hey, I didn't start this.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It was always burning.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Further furthermore, that article is over four years old.  IF is more or less accepted now.  Article is rot, in part.

I know how old it is. Just someone mentioned the BBC thing, Horizon. And I thought it was misleading as it portrayed it as groundbreaking, revolutionary and new. I did say read deep. I thought you would've understood the phrase. I see the evidence for CR and IF. I agree with most of it. It's just dumb for me because I personally don't like it.

Can we get back to each to their own?

x
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    beano wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    I know how old it is. Just someone mentioned the BBC thing, Horizon. And I thought it was misleading as it portrayed it as groundbreaking, revolutionary and new. I did say read deep. I thought you would've understood the phrase. I see the evidence for CR and IF. I agree with most of it. It's just dumb for me because I personally don't like it. Can we get back to each to their own? x
    Ahar, I misinterpreted your read deep to mean the reverse, i.e. see the folly of fasting, heathens, through this article.  I expect I thought this due to the initial dumb comment, thus colouring me view.  In hindsight this would have required you not reading the comments section and you're no fool.  My criticism above is aimed purely at the article and its author, not you wot posted it.  I don't really think you're dumb Beano, quite the opposite.  I'll think more, rant less in future eh.

x
  • oooh passive aggressive x's they are the best.

Closely followed by 'cheers' or 'pal'

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!