Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dr. Oetker Pepperoni Pizza

One thing that needs to be clarified: Oetker, clearly, is not a doctor. He's a charlatan, probably walking around clubs with his doctored ID, getting the gash by the bucket load whilst convincing women that you can safely perform heart surgery with a Bosch cordless drill. If he was a doctor (he isn't) then he'd have included some Rennies in the packaging (a dream marketing opportunity). Honestly, its given me heartburn akin to a thousand suns exploding at once.

Anyway, the pizza itself. Upon the box, you'll find a tempting, nicely cooked pizza (not real, idiot, its a picture!) with a slice being 'held' (the fork is actually just there, for no reason, while a slice of the grub FUCKING FLOATS. SERIOUSLY.) on the end of it. There's a load of pepperoni, and some green stuff no-one cares about.

Anyway, I warmed my deluxe custom oven up (its got a fan in it mate, fuck you) to 220°. Sliding the pizza out of its alluring packaging, I ripped the plastic off it, and there it was, rock hard, frozen, a frisbee of taste delight. I banged it in, and waited 10-12 minutes, allegedly, but it seems I didn't quite leave it in long enough, as upon slipping it out seductively the base wobbled like that bridge in black and white America. I cut it into four (eleven years I've had my pizza slicer, trooper it is), and sat down to dine.

Now, the texture is enjoyable, a thin layer of tomato and cheese, and copious amounts of pepperoni/salami/whatever. Chewing it was easy, which is a prerequisite due to my unbelievable laziness. I do believe that if you just let it sit in your gob for an easy thirty minutes, it'd dissolve on its own! A positive mark for crack addicts who've rotten their gnashers away with the drug, and the habitual mouth rape.

However! It cooled quicker than expected, and by the fourth slice it was generally a mashup of grease and cold and horrificness, and for that,  I felt sorely disappointed by my £1 purchase.

In summary:

Despite the initial belief that this may heal one, or all of my physical problems, it did not, and for that it loses a mark due to false advertising. He should replace the 'Dr' with 'Dave', much more honest. In fact, it probably does more harm than good, what with my stomach currently howling a wretched chorus.

It did fill a hole in my gut, and for that it did its job, so if you want to 'enjoy' a cheap, slightly greasy meal that is cooked quickly and efficiently (seriously, don't mess the time up like me, you basically have a window of three minutes between the eleven and fourteen minute mark to get your pizza just right. Too soon it'll be like eating a limp dick made of slush, too late and you may as well throw it at a local chav for kicks), and care not for your actual health, then this is a MUST BUY.

[7]
  • They're about the healthiest frozen pizzas around, those thin crust Dr Oetkers, afaik. They don't overdo it on the cheese and whilst pepperoni is obviously going to be on the greasy side, there are others that are pretty fresh and tasty, like the chicken one.

I don't eat anything else, pizza-wise. I should probably be less lazy and make my own though, to get something properly fresh and healthy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They do chicken, on a pizza?

I'm all for radical ideas, I'll give it a crack.
  • Review was a [9]. My chilli is cooking, woop.
  • Can we get DS on Masterchef?
  • It's got one and a half scotch bonnets in it, and a big glug of HOLY FUCK in it.

Which is made of ghost chillis. It's a spicy one.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Good man. That's the way to do it.
  • DS what has inspired this burst of flowery writing that we have been blessed with of late?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Boredom with the place I used to post like this on. Kinda hectic doing it on two places, so generally kept it there.

That, and I'm happily writing again as part of my leisure time.
  • Awesome stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kudos on the avatar.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy and DS both doing it right
  • Nick wrote:
    It's got one and a half scotch bonnets in it, and a big glug of HOLY FUCK in it.

Which is made of ghost chillis. It's a spicy one.

Is the holy fuck sauce good? Was at street feast again last week and almost got some, didn't have much cash left though and beer seemed like a better idea.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    got a bottle of Brewdog's new 'Never Mind The Anabolics' from Mrs Reg for my Bday. Will consume tomorrow.

Also making venison this Saturday. Excited.
  • I am skint and poor and shit at cooking so I made some macaroni and then stirred in the last of my Light Philadelphia then tore up the remainder of the wafer thin chicken from my lunch today in work into it then put it into a bowl, grated some cheese on it then microwaved it for a minute to melt said cheese. It was great, and I've enough to take in for tomorrows lunch! Money buying Greggs saved! Result!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Had a chicken breast but nowt else really to throw with it. Ended up mixing jd's bacon salt coconut oil, ground garlic, pepper sesame oil fried egg, spinach and brown rice. Ace. Bananas and chocolate topping!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Disgusting and unhealthy. Yes.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That and was meant to be in italics. Somebody fix it.
  • It's actually pretty good for you, that stuff.  Tasty too.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Best of the supermarket choc but still very ordinary on the whole.  Proper dark choc is indeed good for you.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    We're not buying your goddam chocolate, ok?
  • I know it's not that high in cocoa content - I usually eat the 75-80% stuff - but I've never seen dark chocolate encrusted with sea salt before - found it in Finland.  It's an interesting experience.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Dutch like to put salt in the middle of sweets. A nice surprise when you're expecting sherbet or that chewy shit.
  • When I was a kid, you could buy 'joke' sweets to trick your school chums which were sweet on the outside then salty in the middle.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Probably just a mixed up batch. Kids in Holland freaked out by finding sugar theirs. Salt covered licquorice too. Them cloggies are weird.
  • weadre wrote:
    It's got one and a half scotch bonnets in it, and a big glug of HOLY FUCK in it. Which is made of ghost chillis. It's a spicy one.
    Is the holy fuck sauce good? Was at street feast again last week and almost got some, didn't have much cash left though and beer seemed like a better idea.

Yes, it is good. Maybe the best hot sauce I've ever eaten. It has the disarming grace to give you a  powerful rush of deep fruity flavours, whilst it grips your throat like an anaconda on fire. It's deeply satisfying, but will fuck you up both at the point of consumption, and when it performs its encore from deep inside your belly. Make sure you're not on any long journeys the following day.

Going to Street Feast again tonight, what did you sample there?
  • Went again last week as Mother Flipper was there. Been meaning to try them for a while, and was pretty worth it.

Not going to be there tonight, but want to pop down again soon to check out that rib man. Do you know how long it's running for?
  • Nick when is Street Feast? I have a mate who now lives in Greenwich so it is quite likely i'll be able to nip down quite easily in the future.
  • T-boy, Greenwich is dead near mine dude we must hook up of you come to see him.

SF is every Friday evening, but next Friday is the last one in Dalston - which is east London and not too far from your friend.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!