Now eating/drinking
  • Going to die of starvation before @SpaceGazelle gives up that recipe.
  • I just made it up on the spot but I'll post it later.
  • Going to make falafel tomorrow. Need fava beans.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    And a nice chilled Fresca.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gigantes plakas tonight using herbs out of my own garden - have finally ascended
  • I just made it up on the spot but I'll post it later.

Gentle reminder :)
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Going to die of starvation before @SpaceGazelle gives up that recipe.

Right, sort of a bit like this if I recall, for 2;

1 tsp black mustard seeds
    1 heaped tsp cumin seeds
    1 tsp coriander seeds
    1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder (or a mild one)
    1/2 tsp tumeric
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp garam masala
    4 cloves garlic and an equalish amount of fresh ginger
    A medium onion
    Handful (8?) cherry tomatoes cut in half
    large handful of green beans
    3 medium waxy potatoes (floury will dissolve to mush)
    Couple of large spoons of natural yoghurt
    Squeeze of fresh lemon
    Heavy cast iron pot with tight fitting lid not essential but recommended - there's not loads of sauce and things are going to need to steam 

Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a hot dry pan until smoking and pound/grind  into a powder.
    Steam/boil the beans until cooked and set aside.
    Peel and dice the potato into 1 cm cubes
    Puree onion garlic and ginger in blender/processor. Or grate it all together.

Put pot on medium heat and add some veg oil - slightly more than you think you're going to need - but not shallow-fry territory.
    Throw in mustard seeds and put on lid until you hear them start to pop.
    Thrown in the toasted spices for a minute and then add the diced potato and fry for a few minutes, stirring to prevent sticking until they just start to soften.
    Add onion/garlic/ginger mixture and salt and fry for five mins more with the lid on, stirring every minute or so until the onion puree is cooked out a bit.
    Add cherry tomatoes, tumeric, chilli and a small cup of water, stir and put the lid back on. Keep stirring and putting lid back on until the potatoes are done. This is mainly going to steam. You may need to add splashes of water to stop it drying and sticking. Should take about 15/20 mins. Add the cooked green beans a couple of mins before the end to warm through.

By now you should be left with a dryish dish and small amount of sauce. If there's too much liquid boil it without the lid until thick. Now add the couple of spoons of yoghurt, sqeeze of small half of lemon, garam masala, mix well and pop the lid back on to rest for a couple of mins. 

Eat with rice/bread/more yoghurt on the side.
  • I literally have all of that in my cupboards and fridge, including the rando surprise cherry toms. Thank you space, I will let you know how it goes :)
  • Think I also added 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika at some point, possibly with the tomatoes.
  • Outlaw wrote:
    I literally have all of that in my cupboards and fridge, including the rando surprise cherry toms. Thank you space, I will let you know how it goes :)

They add a bit of colour and sweetness. I'm glad I put them in.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    KFC Burritos? 

Brr...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Brritos?
  • I had a big ass steak for dinner. With grilled onions and a beer. Cos man n that.
  • I kind of fancy one of those kfc burritos. Not braved it yet though, suspect they might turn out to be rank.
  • Yeah I have looked at them but another 5 minutes walk away there is a place called Tortilla (a few in London, not sure if national) that does great burritos.
  • Decent burrito place I go to for lunch sometimes called poncho no.8. Not been to a tortilla, will check out.

I currently live in the dangerous situation of having a Kfc, McDonald's and subway all within about 20sec walk from my flat. It's handy when I'm drunk to be fair.
  • Poncho No. 8 is ok, yup.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Boojum is good. Had a veggie burrito bowl there tonight. Really don't miss the meat with something that tasty.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Mark's n Sparks do a nice Burrito tasting salad thing. It is one of the small, square packs that are always on 2 for £3.

I have one of those packs and a pack of the 'just add' chicken or prawns every lunch. Tasty as fuck, filling and healthier than most things out there.
  • Curry was a success. Made extra on the blind faith that it would be so now I have leftovers for tomorrow too. Thanks @SpaceGazelle!
  • I've been trying to get better at stir fry and fried rice dishes. I seem to be quite good at ending up with dishes that lack in flavour. Tonight will be Nasi Goreng
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Curry was a success. Made extra on the blind faith that it would be so now I have leftovers for tomorrow too. Thanks @SpaceGazelle!

Good good. Tastes better the next day too.
  • Made chip-shop curry sauce to have on chips last night.
  • What do they put in that stuff anyway?
  • Made a good approximation using curry powder, cumin, turmeric and garlic powder mixed into some onions and onion gravy.
  • Needs kilo of sugar for full authenticity.
  • I knew it was missing something.
  • @regmcfly

I'm Regnitasing it later, risky on a school night. If I start cooking at 6, do you think I have any chance of tender ork by like 9? I guess if I keep the liquid content lower, chop the pieces of meat smaller, use a higher heat, and keep the lid on, I might be in luck?
  • Goblin cooks quicker.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!